PDA

View Full Version : North Carolina State Match 6/1/13

ErnieJ
05-28-2013, 09:40 AM
The Alleghany Rifle Asso. is hosting the North Carolina State/Mid Atlantic regionals 3 gun yards match this Saturday June 1st at Sparta,NC.
Registration starts at 7:30 am.
Match starts at 9:00 am.
For shooters traveling a distance there is a nice motel in Sparta just 4 miles from the range (Alleghany Inn 336-372-2501).
Coffee and Donuts will be available in the AM.
Sandwiches,drinks and snacks for lunch.
Questions or help:Ernie Jenderko 336-982-3930 ernestj1@cfl.rr.com

Don Stith
05-28-2013, 03:02 PM
Any idea how many relays there will be?

ErnieJ
05-29-2013, 05:43 PM
With 24 benches I expect there will only be one relay.

Kent Owens
05-30-2013, 12:52 AM
Will it be cold again?

ErnieJ
05-30-2013, 08:37 AM
If you believe the weather man !!
Low 60 degrees
High 79 degrees
Wind from the south at 6 mph.

Kent Owens
05-31-2013, 07:08 PM
Ernie,
See if you can have it 72 degrees with a 1-3MPH wind from 3 oclock position:). That'd be good! See you in the morning!

Kent

Peter Hodges
06-03-2013, 03:03 AM
Hi Ernie, I have been on the IR 50/50 web page to find out the results from the North Carolina State Title Match but, have not found any information posted.
I do realize that you may have lots going on in your own life that requires your attention also but, would there be a chance of you or any other person that may know the results of this match and possibly the equipment list (actions/barrel/smith/ammo etc.) as many of us in Australia would like to find out what is the top-gear to buy at present? :)
Purchasing the best gear for rimfire matches is the most important thing over here at the current time with several Turbo's, Falcon's & Hall's either here or on the way and more to come in the near future I would say.

Thank you,

Peter

Pete Wass
06-05-2013, 12:29 AM
Hi Ernie, I have been on the IR 50/50 web page to find out the results from the North Carolina State Title Match but, have not found any information posted.
I do realize that you may have lots going on in your own life that requires your attention also but, would there be a chance of you or any other person that may know the results of this match and possibly the equipment list (actions/barrel/smith/ammo etc.) as many of us in Australia would like to find out what is the top-gear to buy at present? :)
Purchasing the best gear for rimfire matches is the most important thing over here at the current time with several Turbo's, Falcon's & Hall's either here or on the way and more to come in the near future I would say.

Thank you,

Peter

From what I have observed over the past couple of years, RF rifles are mostly about barrels. I will use the Cooper rifle as an example. Their Rimfire Rifles break many of the so called rules and shoot fantastic scores, in spite of it all. They, as are most other rifles, mostly about their barrel and ammo the barrel likes.

Cheers,

Pete

Kent Owens
06-06-2013, 01:33 AM
Falcons won 4 of the six targets. A sako Finnfire sporer /Benchmark won the afternoon sporter match, and Mike Cameron's Suhl/Broughton won the 13.5 lb class.
Ken Camper won 3 target with a Falcon/Benchmark

Pepper1079
06-06-2013, 06:56 PM
Hey Leonard
Congratulations on your sporter win. Wish I had been there.
Jim

ErnieJ
06-06-2013, 07:46 PM
Sounds like Wallace is getting some of the fire back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pepper1079
06-06-2013, 08:12 PM
Wallace is tough. You can't keep a good man down.

Kent Owens
06-07-2013, 12:13 AM
Congrats to all the winners and to Leonard Baity and Jim Flesher on their sporter wins. Great bunch of guys to shoot with.

Wallace, hope you're getting well and back to normal, or better yet, better than normal. Take care of yourself and hope to see you soon!
We all miss shooting with you!