PDA

View Full Version : positive quotes

Maxwellbak
04-24-2013, 12:21 AM
If you think about disaster, you will get it. Brood about death and you hasten your demise. Think positively and masterfully, with confidence and faith, and life becomes more secure, more fraught with action, richer in achievement and experience.
- Swami Vivekananda

positive quotes (http://www.motivation.net.au/quotes/positive-quotes)

Joe Salt
04-24-2013, 11:30 AM
Sorry but old Swami never made it to 40 years old! Think he was worried about something.

Joe Salt

ebb
04-24-2013, 08:29 PM
"You are ignorant and apathetic." said Peg. "Don't know , don't care" Al Bundy

XBBR Shooter
04-24-2013, 09:14 PM
"Every day shooting woodchucks adds seven days to your life" ____ Anon.

Dick Grosbier
04-24-2013, 09:35 PM
I got a boat & motor for my wife.

It was a good trade.

Wilbur
04-25-2013, 01:22 AM
Remember, you are a unique individual - just like everybody else.

alinwa
04-25-2013, 01:26 AM
again, wa-BAMMM!

Al Nyhus
04-25-2013, 10:19 AM
The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved'.....the pig was 'committed'.

Good shootin'. -Al

dansig
04-25-2013, 10:50 AM
there are three "quotes" I've had as a guide through my life...

to fail is to learn, if you never failed you never learned anything.

Pain is unavoidable, suffering is optional.

and

train to learn, fight to win.

Apollo
04-25-2013, 12:02 PM
Some people were born on 3rd base thinking they just hit a triple.

wait......my bad.....that wasn't very positive. How's this:

I'm so optimistic that I would go after Moby Dick in a row boat, and take the tartar sauce with me.

blades
04-25-2013, 04:43 PM
Yippie! Sushi! ( YECH!!!), If I did't spell that right blame it on the box.

Bill Wynne
04-25-2013, 06:56 PM
There never was a hoss that couldn't be rode and there never was a cowboy that couldn't be throw'd.

The bigger they are the harder they fall.

It is not the size of the dog in the fight, It is the size of the fight in the dog.

Even a blind squirrel will sometimes find a nut.

When the one great scorer comes to score against your name, it matters not if you win or lose but how you played the game.

"They" said it couldn't be done. With a smile he went right to it. He was trying something that couldn't be done and he couldn't do it.

There now,

Concho Bill

Steelhead1
04-26-2013, 11:01 AM
1. "To Err is human, to wear out the eraser ahead of the pencil is overdoing it a little bit"

2. During my tenure in the Navy the most inspiring saying that hung above the Parachute packing table was,

"Don't screw up it may cost you more than your willing to pay"

As a Parachute Rigger you can not have a day that is less than perfect or someone can die!

3.My all time favorite was spoken by J.C Watts, not sure if he was the originator though!

" Always Do The Right Thing Even When No One Is Looking"

Butch Lambert
04-26-2013, 11:17 AM
Thomas Jefferson;
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”

The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.

To take from one because it is thought that his own industry and that of his father’s has acquired too much, in order to spare to others, who, or whose fathers, have not exercised equal industry and skill, is to violate arbitrarily the first principle of association—the guarantee to every one of a free exercise of his industry and the fruits acquired by it.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

jGEE
04-26-2013, 02:13 PM
Eating crow is some of the best health food there is............

Dave Coots
04-26-2013, 02:40 PM
"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder i work the more of it I have."

Later
Dave

Al Nyhus
04-26-2013, 03:27 PM
Dave, along that same line of thinking:

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But in practice, there is."
- Yogi Berra

Good shootin' :) -Al

fx77
04-26-2013, 05:24 PM
If you treat people as they are, you make them worse, If you treat people as if they were what they ought to be, you help them to become what they are capable of becoming.

von Goethe...

John Kielly
04-26-2013, 06:50 PM
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.

Friedrich Nietzsche

alinwa
04-27-2013, 01:23 AM
Two atoms are walking down the street one day, and one of them says to the other:

"Hey, wait up a second. I think I lost an electron"

The first atom replied, "Are you sure?"

The second atom exclaimed, "Yes, I'm positive!"

Joe Salt
04-28-2013, 04:33 PM
NO ONE IS GETTING OUT ALIVE! POLITICALLY CORRECT IS LIKE TRYING TO PICK UP A TURD FROM THE CLEAN END!

Joe Salt

Jerry Dailey
04-28-2013, 06:24 PM
If you always tell the truth you wont have to worry about what you said

HFV
04-28-2013, 06:37 PM
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink "red whiskey"

alinwa
04-28-2013, 06:42 PM

So my wife asks me... "does this make me look........?"

Hunter
04-28-2013, 07:38 PM

Do you know how to tell if a man is honest?

You ask him, and if he says he is, then you know he's not.

Jerry Dailey
04-29-2013, 02:55 PM
The trite saying that honesty is the best policy has met with the just criticism that honesty is not policy. The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.

xs hedspace
04-30-2013, 11:28 AM
You will never improve a group by firing another shot.

blades
04-30-2013, 11:41 AM

Depends on the group. snicker

adamsgt
04-30-2013, 02:01 PM

Interesting thought. I guess that's why they use movable backers.

Chism G
04-30-2013, 04:04 PM
"There is no blueprint for winning at Bench Rest Competition. Each person's process is unique and guided by determination and a little luck."

Glenn

kansasvet
05-01-2013, 12:42 PM
When I was young a man I knew said on numerous occasions, "I may be stupid, but by God I'm ignorant ."
I laughed at him till one day I thought about it and realized what he was saying.

Butch Lambert
05-01-2013, 01:05 PM
Build a fire for a man, and you keep him warm for a couple of hours. Set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Bill Wynne
05-01-2013, 05:08 PM
OK. Here goes. I need to set this story up first.

When I was about twelve my wise uncle took be on my first deer hunt. We went to a pasture on a ranch in very rocky rough country South of out city maybe 100 miles. I walked around the top of these hills while my uncle and his friend took stands in the valley. I found a small sinister looking cave under a rock ledge that anything might crawl into. I heard a distinctive growling sounds coming from the hole. The hair on the back of my head stood up. I wisely backed away.

We met back at the pickup a short time latter and ate lunch. My uncle and his friend discussed how they had seen no deer. Trying to make an impression, I told them about the animal that must be in the cave. In my premature way, I suggested that we might go see what we could pull out of that cave.

My uncle gave me some wise advise that was beyond my years but I have remembered well all these years. He surely did not mean anything beyond what varmint might be in that cave and how dangerous it might be when he said, "Leave that hole alone. Don't ever pull anything out that you can't push back in."

Wise words for a lot of situations.:)

Concho Bill

JJ-IA
05-02-2013, 12:55 AM
Build a fire for a man, and you keep him warm for a couple of hours. Set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

OMG that's funny! :D

alinwa
05-02-2013, 02:42 AM
agreed ;)

made me snort in a most unbecoming fashion

Joe Woosman
05-02-2013, 07:47 PM
"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

Chisolm
05-05-2013, 07:02 AM
"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people"

E. Roosevelt

Bill Wynne
05-05-2013, 07:22 AM
"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people"

E. Roosevelt
"Great minds run in great circles."