PDA

View Full Version : LT 32 anyone have new up dates

Tim Singleton
04-04-2013, 10:30 PM
I received 8lbs from Bruno's the other day. I'm working with H322 right now. I don't plan on trying any right away. I want to keep working with the H322. But I thought while I could I would pick some up.
I haven't seen any new up dates posted. What are you guys seeing ?

macflyboy
04-04-2013, 11:00 PM
Try it you will like it.

MAC

Tim Singleton
04-06-2013, 12:15 AM
No one has any update?

caroby
04-06-2013, 12:26 AM
No one has any update?

Loads... Like 28.3 - 28.8 is a nice tune in several barrels....
cale

GerryM
04-06-2013, 09:36 AM
It is not really load sensative. load it like N133 .
ive shot fuull cases with little problems in cold weather.
Spring is breaking we all will soon find out. I am useing Lot " #2
Your going to like the way it flows thu the measure

skeetlee
04-06-2013, 10:13 AM
only down side i see is using it in my chargemaster. Can you say, overthrow!! lol. I like the powder, and it has a solid place in my line up. lee

adamsgt
04-06-2013, 11:53 AM
only down side i see is using it in my chargemaster. Can you say, overthrow!! lol. I like the powder, and it has a solid place in my line up. lee

Was wondering if the tube that throws the powder were tilted some number of degrees above horizontal if that might minimize overthrow when the tube stops. However, you'd think that the manufacturer would have tried that during development.

abintx
04-06-2013, 01:42 PM
LT 32 What are you guys seeing?

Here's what Speedy saw: http://forum.accurateshooter.com/index.php?topic=3784101.0 Check out his Facebook data if you've got access. It looks awesome. :)

Boyd Allen
04-06-2013, 02:18 PM
Just a little reminder to those of you who have found this powder to your liking, and those that will...Without Lou Murdica(the L in LT) none of this would have happened. He has put a lot of time and money into this project so that any shooter can have a potentially winning powder, and not just a few who have squirreled away some unobtanium.

Tim Singleton
04-06-2013, 05:45 PM
Boyd
I had a pretty good day today made up some crude flags with surveyor ribbon. Went back up to the 28.5 gr load of H322 no primer issues like before. Must have been a bad primer.
Velocity seems a little low even at 28.5 maybe I'm jammed to hard?.

Boyd Allen
04-06-2013, 06:25 PM
I dont think that that would cause it. Have you done a pressure series, one shot per load, .3 gr. apart. over a chronograph, with FL sized brass, till the bolt gets a little too snug? That is my usual starting point. That way I know what my top load and velocity are. Seating depth for that purpose is usually so that the rifling marks the bullet about half as long as wide, unless it is a double radius ogive bullet. How fast are your velocities? Unless they are really slow, I wouldn't be concerned as long as the accuracy is there. Glad to hear you have some way to look at what the wind is doing.

Tim Singleton
04-06-2013, 06:38 PM
I haven't done such a test. First time I've heard of that method. That will be next on my list

Tim Singleton
04-06-2013, 06:56 PM
66 gr Fowler H322 -28.5 gr velocity 3160.
Maybe I need to try the LT32 to get into the higher velocity node?

Boyd Allen
04-06-2013, 07:28 PM
Do the test. If you run into a case capacity problem before your bolt gets a little tight, you may have to retest using a different technique to get more powder in the case, so that you can test higher weights. There is a lot of difference between case capacity with a quick dump in the funnel vs. a very slow drop using a long drop tube.

heath
04-06-2013, 09:11 PM
I am seeing 3400 fps with 29.0 grains and 65 Bart BT and wolf primers. Still got room for more. This is with two different guns. Good accuracy.

kolar55
04-07-2013, 08:51 PM
This afternoon LT-32 showed 3392 average with 28.8 gr. behind a Berger column. It shoots WAY better than my setup will allow. It also shoots Berger 52's in my .222 very well. Every bit as good as N133 in theses two rifles. Cheaper too.

Tim Singleton
04-07-2013, 09:25 PM
I'm going to take my set up to the range tomorrow. First trip to load at the range. I'm going to try out the LT32. as well as look for a higher node with the H322
Ill report back

Tim Singleton
04-10-2013, 06:25 PM
I had an opportunity to test LT32 today. I found a pretty good load at 28.6 grains
I began at 27.5 and worked up .3 at a time to 29. 29 gave a little hard bolt lift not bad. But the 28.6 load was the best anyway
I'm jammed to leave a mark half as long as the groove is wide. Do I begin to come out of the lands now to fine tune this load? If so by what increment at a time?

ehparis
04-25-2013, 03:20 PM
Here's what Speedy saw: http://forum.accurateshooter.com/index.php?topic=3784101.0 Check out his Facebook data if you've got access. It looks awesome. :)

Anyone know what barrel length he was using for his chronograph tests?

Jerry

LBRUNO
04-25-2013, 04:33 PM
I would like to add some data on the LT-32 powder but would first like to thank Louie for the 9 years of very hard work and determination he put into the LT powder, we will never know the countless hours, phone calls, time, and money he has put into this project (MY HAT IS OFF TO HIM). I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO THANK WESTERN POWDER CO for following through for us; an email to them would be appropriate. As Louie mentioned I used the powder and was fortunate to win the Cactus Classic 2013. I shot 28.2 grain at 100 yards and bumped it up to 28.8 at 200. I was using my Bruno double O bullet 65.8 grain Boa tail. Krieger barrel 13.5 twist 22.5" 6-ppc with a Leupold 45 built by myself. I only adjusted my load one time through out the whole match and to be honest it felt like the old T-32 powder very stable and forgiving. I have since shot it in another barrel with very similar results. I think we have a winner on our hands thanks to Lou especially since we don't know the future of vv-133. Thanks for all the personal inquiries hope I answered most of your questions.

Thanks again Lou I am a believer

Lester

sofarfrome
04-25-2013, 07:39 PM
This may be a silly question but need to ask, how does this powder work in the 6BR? Tight neck FL BR.

Regards

Jay

HFV
04-28-2013, 03:19 PM
Just joshing, not so cheap, I just sold it cheap. I didn't witness the speed measuring, but I did witness the performance of the two rifles. Pur-deeee damn good!!!!!
I am seeing 3400 fps with 29.0 grains and 65 Bart BT and wolf primers. Still got room for more. This is with two different guns. Good accuracy.

Rooster 50
05-14-2013, 12:33 AM
This afternoon LT-32 showed 3392 average with 28.8 gr. behind a Berger column. It shoots WAY better than my setup will allow. It also shoots Berger 52's in my .222 very well. Every bit as good as N133 in theses two rifles. Cheaper too.

Can you ballpark a starting load for the .222. I called them today and they said to just try and extrapolate the data based on a .223 load. I am shooting a factory BDL .

kolar55
05-14-2013, 01:56 AM
The day I shot the Lt-32 in my .222 it was 37*. I started out at 21.8 at 3058 average and stopped at 23.0 at 3249. That was with Berger 52's coated with Danzac. A month later I tried some 50gn. Sierra spitzer un-coated and 23.2 gave 3344 fps. All had Federal 205M primers. Temperature was now at 60*. These loads seemed very safe in my rifle. No cratering or hard bolt lift etc. The rifle is a 700 Remington, Hart Bbl, .222/250 nk. with Lapua brass turned for .002 loaded round clearance. Smithed and pillar bedded by Dan Dowling.

JerrySharrett
05-14-2013, 06:45 AM
In the 6PPC and 65g FB Hottensteins 3500+ is easy to obtain with Lot #1 over an Ohler chrono. From what I have shot so far, LT-32 like V133, hotter is better.

SGJennings
05-14-2013, 08:48 AM
As long as Accurate doesn't drop the LT32 ball, N-133 is "deader than Elvis".

Tim Singleton
05-14-2013, 12:50 PM
I cant wait to see the super shoot results. We'll know more about this powder then I think

waderthemudder
05-19-2013, 08:02 PM
Spent the last three days solid working with LT-32. I have to admit I was quite skeptical in the beginning but have changed my opinion.

I was working with two different PPCs. A used Farley/spencer that I recently acquired from shooters corner and a nesika J/shilen made by Gordy Gritters. The nesika J is an incredible shooter but i was having little luck with the Farley/spencer so I started with it. 322 and 8208 had large groups and were not consistent in the Farley and I was suspecting the rifle needed to see doctor Gritters. After much work with seating and charges I was able to shrink the groups a good deal with LT32. I ended up with Bart's 68s about .005 out and 48 clicks on the Harrell's. I think that's about 29 grains. THE BIGGEST DIFFERENCE I NOTICED WAS CONSISTENCY. Although I still feel this rifle needs attention it behaved much better, faught the wind better,
And felt much less like I was fighting against it.

The Gordy nesika j was different. It's the best shooting rifle I own. I started with in similar charge zone and went up and down a bit, seating depth in and out a bit and done. Normally this rifle shoot Bart's into the lands .01 and I ended up out .01 Both rifles preferred out of the lands with LT32. Charge ended up at 48.2 clicks on the harrels. Again I noticed improved consistency as well. It was very windy and the LT32 seemed to kind of ignore it.

My thoughts after the three days. Excellent groups but maybe not smaller than 322 or 8208. Consistency that was easily noticeable by a non veteran shooter (me). Seemed better in the wind in both rifles.

Hope this helps. I'll be getting more from Bruno's and continuing to play.

afrench
05-19-2013, 09:33 PM
Spent the last three days solid working with LT-32. I have to admit I was quite skeptical in the beginning but have changed my opinion.

I was working with two different PPCs. A used Farley/spencer that I recently acquired from shooters corner and a nesika J/shilen made by Gordy Gritters. The nesika J is an incredible shooter but i was having little luck with the Farley/spencer so I started with it. 322 and 8208 had large groups and were not consistent in the Farley and I was suspecting the rifle needed to see doctor Gritters. After much work with seating and charges I was able to shrink the groups a good deal with LT32. I ended up with Bart's 68s about .005 out and 48 clicks on the Harrell's. I think that's about 29 grains. THE BIGGEST DIFFERENCE I NOTICED WAS CONSISTENCY. Although I still feel this rifle needs attention it behaved much better, faught the wind better,
And felt much less like I was fighting against it.

The Gordy nesika j was different. It's the best shooting rifle I own. I started with in similar charge zone and went up and down a bit, seating depth in and out a bit and done. Normally this rifle shoot Bart's into the lands .01 and I ended up out .01 Both rifles preferred out of the lands with LT32. Charge ended up at 48.2 clicks on the harrels. Again I noticed improved consistency as well. It was very windy and the LT32 seemed to kind of ignore it.

My thoughts after the three days. Excellent groups but maybe not smaller than 322 or 8208. Consistency that was easily noticeable by a non veteran shooter (me). Seemed better in the wind in both rifles.

Hope this helps. I'll be getting more from Bruno's and continuing to play.

interesting, haven't tried it that low. also, 50 clicks on my Harrell measure weighs about 27.8gr.

i'll have to keep playing with it. i haven't seen anything with it yet that i'd want to shoot it in a match.

waderthemudder
05-19-2013, 10:13 PM
interesting, haven't tried it that low. also, 50 clicks on my Harrell measure weighs about 27.8gr.

i'll have to keep playing with it. i haven't seen anything with it yet that i'd want to shoot it in a match.

Sorry you're right it's 26. I don't know why I put 29.

Bob Brushingham
06-01-2013, 09:25 AM
I wonder who used LT-32 at the Super Shoot besides Lou Murdica(8th) and myself(20th)?

afrench
06-01-2013, 12:11 PM
Lou, and all others involved in getting this powder available... thank you. i'm glad there is an alternative to 133.

i have some LT that i've been working with and, until i figure out what i'm doing wrong, i'll be sticking to 133.

i've tried it in 3 barrels in two different guns (6ppc) with two different bullets varying charge, seating depth and neck tension and have not been happy with the results. anything over 28.0gr and the target looks like i shot it with buckshot. the only place i've found that it even tries to shoot is about 27gr and below at about 3100 fps. i'm not interested in that.

with seating depth, i've gone from jumping 30 to touching to jamming various amounts. with neck tension, i've gone from being able to twist the bullet after seating to significantly more tension.

after shooting the groups i have with LT, i can put 133 back in with my go-to load and shoot one hole groups again.

obviously, there is something i'm missing as several around the country had had good luck with it.

skeetlee
06-01-2013, 06:14 PM
I sure like shooting LT-32!! Works very well for me. Thanks Lou!!! Lee

Butch Lambert
06-01-2013, 08:05 PM
Lou, and all others involved in getting this powder available... thank you. i'm glad there is an alternative to 133.

i have some LT that i've been working with and, until i figure out what i'm doing wrong, i'll be sticking to 133.

i've tried it in 3 barrels in two different guns (6ppc) with two different bullets varying charge, seating depth and neck tension and have not been happy with the results. anything over 28.0gr and the target looks like i shot it with buckshot. the only place i've found that it even tries to shoot is about 27gr and below at about 3100 fps. i'm not interested in that.

with seating depth, i've gone from jumping 30 to touching to jamming various amounts. with neck tension, i've gone from being able to twist the bullet after seating to significantly more tension.

after shooting the groups i have with LT, i can put 133 back in with my go-to load and shoot one hole groups again.

obviously, there is something i'm missing as several around the country had had good luck with it.

Are you winning matches with 133?

afrench
06-01-2013, 09:46 PM
Are you winning matches with 133?

i'm doing about as well as could be expected with my limited shooting experience in short range BR. the competition at our monthly club matches is pretty tough, but i do sneak up on them occasionally.

i've tried several other powders over the last couple of years looking for something that was less finicky. as much as i dislike 133, my best aggs are with it.

JerrySharrett
06-01-2013, 09:46 PM

There are 3 of us here that at have worked with it some, not a lot but some, and we are having to start around 29.5 and then crank it up from there. Some of my best groups have been at around 3475 to 3525???? We are shooting it like the older 8208's, light neck tension and medium jam.

James M.
06-02-2013, 08:50 AM
I shot both powders in two rifles at the SS and the wind was the winner in both rifles and both powders. I also shot two bullets. I guess that my number of variables outpaced my limited mental capacity. I finished 79th in the 2-gun and was lucky to be that high. Good shooting...James

Hunter
06-02-2013, 09:30 AM
We are shooting [LT-32] like the older 8208's, light neck tension and medium jam.

How do you describe "light" neck tension? Also, have you shot it with "heavier" neck tension, and if so, are the groups better with "light" neck tension? What type of neck tension do you use with N133?

coyotechet
06-02-2013, 11:12 AM
I shot the LT32 thru the whole match. On Monday before the match bougth my first LT32 and shot one three shot and one five shot group with both guns at 200 yds and never shot any more until match day, shot it all thur the match. My first load was 27.5 with Berger Column bullets .005 off the lands. The only change I made was to up the load to 27.8. For the first two days at 100 yds I was in 11 place and had one group that was bad. Next two days at 200yds I did not do so well just could never find the right condition and to top it off I had three Boo Boo's, one of them I shot six times with the sixth shot doubling group and one time on closeing the bolt I hit the trigger which made the group 3 times bigger and the other was DAS. Still I ended up 34th, not at all what I wanted but for me was not that bad.
Chet