PDA

View Full Version : Eley Edge Whazzat???

Herzo
03-10-2013, 10:38 AM
http://www.eley.co.uk/en/ammunition/edge/

Anyone have any information? I don't see it on Killough or Zanders.

I would guess that it will be around $4.50 per box. :)

center22
03-10-2013, 11:54 AM
http://www.eley.co.uk/en/ammunition/edge/

Anyone have any information? I don't see it on Killough or Zanders.

I would guess that it will be around $4.50 per box. :)

Here is what Eley has to say in their advertising:

The makers of tenex have designed a new cutting edge cartridge. Unlike any other .22 cartridge on the market, edge is breaking engineering boundaries with its scientifically developed surface treatment. The surface treatment delivers both a unique black look and increases the frictional force between case and bullet to give a more consistent propellant burn. Edge production benefits from tenex technology and introduces key features like the patented flat nose bullet profile to deliver superb accuracy.
Patented flat nose bullet profile
Scientifically developed Surface treatment
Improved bullet release force
More consistent propellant burn
Excellent accuracy

I'm certain your reference to $4.50 per box was strictly humor.

DonMatzeder
03-10-2013, 11:55 AM
and it appears between team and match on their site, I'd guess $12.

Fred J
03-10-2013, 02:16 PM
This may be only for use in Europe. I may take a while to get it into the US market. As it appears to have additional Lub on the cases, it may even cost more.

coopshooter
03-10-2013, 07:00 PM
in a conversation with dan approx a month ago he stated that edge was replacing team and was supposed to be priced he guessed in area of 800 to 900 but wasnt sure and i hope im remembering correct im sure dan will fill us in

blades
03-12-2013, 11:02 AM
Still priced unobtainum along with most everything else.

Team Windsor
03-12-2013, 01:12 PM
Blades: It could be worse.... I live in F NY. And I would'nt be surprised by anything..... Im just glad I can still get ammo! A prospective new type of ELEY with atributes that sound pretty good, Bring it on! Cant play if ya dont pay! Besides, nothin good is cheap. Please take no offence....I wish the ammo was more affordable too, If my wife knew how much I spend on ammo.......well... yeah.
A more complete burn, via.a better seal between the case and bullet, that sounds good to me, I cant wait to try it. Ed.