PDA

View Full Version : SEB rear bag VS Edgewood rear bag.

charlesasmith
12-17-2011, 12:16 PM
Anyone have experience with the SEB rear bag and Edgewood that can give me feedback on the differences between them? Would appreciate the help as I am ready to order one of them.

Chuck

twentytwoguy
12-17-2011, 09:12 PM
The Seb has a hard flat built-in rubber bottom that is very non-skid and seems to hold the bags shape especially well. The quality is top-shelf and it's a great bag plus Seb sews in a piece of neoprene under the stitches and the rifle rides up on a nice flat and if you like to shoot with the bottom of the rifle bottomed out on the bag (not up on the ears) it is a big plus as i never though having the butt dragging accross the stitching was ideal.. Also I think they ran about half the price of an Edgewood when I got mine last year.

Edgewood bags are also great quality and available in a much wider range of heigths and sizes and ear spacing which is needed for some rifle stocks.

It really is a matter of your shooting discipline, shooting style and the shape of your stock......

charlesasmith
12-18-2011, 11:22 AM
Twenttwoguy:

Thanks for the response. Seems that very few people have experience with that rear bag. Your input is helpful. Interestingly, a guy @ Sinclair's recommended going with the SEB as the microfleece material would match my SEB front rest bag for free recoil of my rimfire Edge stocks.

Chuck