PDA

View Full Version : more 30br questions

reelxprs
11-27-2011, 04:44 PM
thanks to you guys who replied to my 30br group size questions. now i have more- i think i might have turned my necks to small. i use a .323 bushing and the bullet is snug ( i can't move it by hand)
but my neck thickness is only .009. i do have a .322 bushing and will load with this. i shot in a club match here in nc friday with almost no wind and shot 249-17x. i had 1 flyer that almost was an
eight. these flyers are what's killing me. i am open for suggestions.
thanks
jeff

skeetlee
11-27-2011, 05:35 PM
On what? Lee

eww1350
11-27-2011, 07:06 PM
thanks to you guys who replied to my 30br group size questions. now i have more- i think i might have turned my necks to small. i use a .323 bushing and the bullet is snug ( i can't move it by hand)
but my neck thickness is only .009. i do have a .322 bushing and will load with this. i shot in a club match here in nc friday with almost no wind and shot 249-17x. i had 1 flyer that almost was an
eight. these flyers are what's killing me. i am open for suggestions.
thanks
jeff

My suggestion is...throw your brass in a drawer...call Ron Hoehn and have him make you some brass from his weight sorted inventory...you will likely not see those unexpected flyers...

Eddie in Texas

Dick Grosbier
11-29-2011, 07:50 PM
My suggestion is...throw your brass in a drawer...call Ron Hoehn and have him make you some brass from his weight sorted inventory...you will likely not see those unexpected flyers...

Eddie in Texas

I believe .327 loaded round diameter is not ideal for case life but should not automatically in any way generate flyers, in fact some well established shooters like .002-.003" clearance rather than .001-.0015" many people seem to like after shooting 6mm for years.

Dick

eww1350
11-29-2011, 09:32 PM
I believe .327 loaded round diameter is not ideal for case life but should not automatically in any way generate flyers, in fact some well established shooters like .002-.003" clearance rather than .001-.0015" many people seem to like after shooting 6mm for years.

Dick

Dick, I didn't mean to imply that the neck clearance was his problem...I believe he has a brass problem that is causing his flyers...I have experienced the exact same thing and starting with well made sorted brass solved the problem...If anyone doubts this I will send them the brass that I shelved and let them experience the flyers themselves...I don't consider myself a novice score shooter, and I think some of the guys that have shot against me will attest to that...I had a period that I went into a slump right after I decided to make some new brass (blue box) my rifle immediately went to shooting low X counts and a common unexplained flyer that would give me a 9...I fought the issue for several months...then went back to my old (15 times fired) brass...and went back to shooting 250s with a high X count...I have NOT lost a 100 yard score match since...
This is why I suggest he have an expert make him some good brass...

Eddie in Texas