View Full Version : Rimfire Bore Brush?

John S
07-07-2010, 10:52 AM
If you use a bore brush on your rimfires where do you get them?

I really don't think a .22 centerfire brush will fit in any of my rimfire barrels; much to tight.

07-07-2010, 10:56 AM
I use a 22 pistol brush.

07-07-2010, 11:23 AM
I specifically use pro-shot 22 centerfire brushes on my 22 rimfire match rifles....you just don't change directions mid barrel.


07-07-2010, 12:27 PM
Brownell's sells them for "22 Rifle" and "22 Centerfire Rifle." here: http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=1281/Product/_SPECIAL_LINE__trade__BRASS_CORE_BORE_BRUSH


07-07-2010, 06:01 PM
Brownell's wins my vote with the Special Line brushes. I use centerfire and ONLY pull the brush through one time. That does the trick.

Colorado Pete
07-07-2010, 11:21 PM
I also use the .22 Pro-shot centerfire brushes. They are longer than the rimfire brushes and seemingly very high quality--working well in my Winchester 52 barrel and Broughton barrel. I brush both directions (no, not reversing in the middle) because it's faster. The brushes last quite a long time and are durable.

brian roberts
07-07-2010, 11:35 PM
for .22RFs, since they are just a smidge smaller(I'll have to check mine). Their position is, that a .22 pistol brush cuts down on the stress generated by pushing a .22CF rifle brush through an RF bore. Note: If you want a fine time, use a rifle brush on an RF revolver. You'll only do it once. :eek: ;)