PDA

View Full Version : World Benchrest Championship 2011

andyd1179
03-16-2010, 11:05 AM
Hya Guys,
Is there going to be somewhere to find out what kind of documentation is needed to enter into the USA, I know it still sometime to go but these things creep up before you know it.

many thanks in advance.

AndyD

Bill Collaros
03-16-2010, 02:27 PM
Hi Andy,

We will get all the info on our website & out to each countries reps with plenty of time to allow for you to get organised Andy. I will post updates on here as this all happens.

Bill Collaros
www.wrabf.com
President

andyd1179
03-16-2010, 04:07 PM
thanks mate.

AndyD

dankillough
03-16-2010, 04:29 PM
:DJust come up through Mexico and you will not need any paperwork. You might have to pay the Mexican Federales a little hush money and perhaps bring a small package for them, but you should not have much trouble. If you come up in California they will give you free healthcare and a drivers license:D

Peter Armstrong
03-16-2010, 04:55 PM
Guys,
Just remember the walls to fortress USA are built on red tape and anytime you try and get gun gear in or out over that wall itís a problem that requires a bit of paperwork.

Last time I looked at the paperwork you need a form from ATF with an invitation from the match you are going too attached.

Peter

RLB 40X
03-16-2010, 05:23 PM
Dont forget to go by the local social security office when you get here,just tell them your back hurts a little,uncle sam would be more than happy to provide money for a new custom gun and and some killer ammo:D:D

Bill Collaros
03-16-2010, 07:43 PM
Thanks Dan & Rlb your advice will be considered :)

I have asked Craig Young to look into this as he handling things over there for the WRABF.

CYoung
03-17-2010, 10:06 AM
Andy, there will be some serious paper work required. I will go to the customs people and find out what a man needs to enter with firearms in a few days. The office is in another city from here.

andyd1179
03-17-2010, 04:20 PM
Hya Criag my friend,

Many thanks, I know it will be different for each country but the sooner we get the info we can start testing the water with the local emabassy here in the UK, Just hope we all dont have to go to London for Intereviews :(

Many thanks Mate, can you PM me your phone number as i had to reformat my laptop and lost it.

Take care, AndyD

Peter Armstrong
03-17-2010, 05:14 PM
Andy,
I have heard that getting the paperwork is quicker for some countries and takes forever for others. Australians donít even need to get visa before they go to the US and I hear 5-6 weeks for the paperwork to come back for us. But if you really want to know, just ask Vince, itís the same procedure for centerfire guys who go to the supershoot etc.

Peter

andyd1179
03-17-2010, 06:27 PM
thanks Peter.

AndyD

Doug
03-19-2010, 09:09 AM
Actually it is fairly easy to travel to the US with approved Firearms and Ammo. ~ :)
Probably the hardest part is getting out of your own country. ~ :confused:

1.) Valid Visa (If Required)
2.) Personalized Invitation to the event.
3.) ATF 6NIA Form approval. (4 to 6 Weeks)

The Visa Requirements for the following countries is basically non existent but I would still check with the local US Embassy to make sure you qualify.
http://worldrimfire.com/tools/images/visa-program.gif

I have put a lot more information on the WRB website under Match Tools which I will update as more information becomes available.

http://worldrimfire.com/tools/usa-visit/USA.html

~

Bill Collaros
03-19-2010, 06:06 PM
Thanks Doug, all very informative.

Peter Armstrong
03-19-2010, 06:14 PM
Doug,
I had a look at the info on your webpage and for shooters travelling into the US its only 5kgs of ammo and as far as I know that is world standard for all airlines.

Bottom line, if a shooter is planning on shooting all 6 rimfire matches and a bit of pratice that is plenty of ammo, but if your sharing youíll need to find some extra ammo in the US.

Peter

David K
03-19-2010, 08:11 PM
Dan Killough will have ammo, I'm sure at the Match.

CYoung
03-20-2010, 08:20 AM
I have contracted for Dan Killough to be on site, even if he is not shooting ,to supply Eley ammo and by that time possibly Lapua also. I have already started the process to get President Obama to make an appearance for obvious reasons. If anyone can think of another dignitary feel free to make a suggestion.

Doug
03-20-2010, 09:09 AM
Thanks Peter for finding my error!
It should have been 11 Lbs or 5 Kg.
I will correct that today.
It would be appreciated if anyone has any other information that might help a travling shooter to please email me so I can add it to the website.

Bill Collaros
03-20-2010, 05:19 PM
I have contracted for Dan Killough to be on site, even if he is not shooting ,to supply Eley ammo and by that time possibly Lapua also. I have already started the process to get President Obama to make an appearance for obvious reasons. If anyone can think of another dignitary feel free to make a suggestion.

Well done getting Mr Obama Craig, I take it Mr Calfee was unavailable. As President of the WRABF here is my wish list of US Dignatries but would love to see Bill there :cool:

Hugh Hefner & Bunnies
Oprah
Hulk Hogan
Lady Gaga
Any of the Hilton Sisters
Any of the Kardashian Sisters
George Clooney
Hilary Clinton
Mike Tyson
Michael Phelps
Tony Hawk
& finally pending other committments or holidays; Frank Sinatra, Michael Jackson & Elvis!

andyd1179
03-21-2010, 04:01 AM
Any chance of Laura Croft? :p

AndyD

Bill Collaros
03-21-2010, 04:16 AM
Andy the UK winter might have frozen your wires, you mean Lara Croft & yes there is probably a good chance if Brad Pitt comes to his senses & turfs her :D

CYoung
03-21-2010, 09:36 AM
TMZ and Entertainment Tonite have called and want to cover it, but if we let them cover it, we will get so many Hollywood "camera stars", there wont be any room for the competitors.

Bill Collaros
03-21-2010, 02:33 PM
Keep working at it Craig, if u can get The Today Show to do a live show from the event I think you might even get DJ out of retirement :D

andyd1179
03-21-2010, 03:19 PM
I wouldn't advertise it to much or Simon Cowell will part of the action!!

AndyD

Peter Armstrong
03-23-2010, 04:55 PM
Doug,
Iím on the Delta frequent flyer program and they sent just me a link to this Home Land Security page it seems International travellers who are seeking to travel to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program are now subject to enhanced security requirements. All eligible travellers who wish to travel under the Visa Waiver Program must apply for authorization using the following process.

You might want to put this link on your webpage https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/esta.html?_flowExecutionKey=_c296FDC48-ED89-6FEE-C177-DE17ED8E70EA_kBB2EE979-4116-A6FB-9248-07B4794DAB8A

Peter

Fred J
03-23-2010, 06:27 PM
Peter, make sure you are not traveling with Mohamad, Obama, or Yomammy.

Peter Armstrong
03-23-2010, 08:00 PM
Fred,
If Mohammad, Obama, or Yomammy are paying for the plane ticket Iíd have no problem travelling with them.
What the worse that can happen?
The odd cavity search didnít seem to hurt Team USA performance in Italy.

Peter

Fred J
03-23-2010, 08:16 PM
They ain't payin fer it.
PS: Ten years ago, on my trip Downunder, I had no problem leaving or returning, with US made rifles. Solved that problem, by traveling with a made in USA, Winchester 52D. Ammo had it's weight limits, and everything you traveled with, had to be returned to the US, firearm related, with the exception of the ammo. I think that was more an Aussie ruling, than US. I'm sure, that Craig will get you the correct info soon. Took me more than 30 days to get everything approved.

Bill Collaros
03-23-2010, 10:23 PM
Fred,
The odd cavity search didnít seem to hurt Team USA performance in Italy.

Peter

So that's why Team USA had a smile on their faces, I thought it was just because they beat everyone!

Fiddler
03-24-2010, 07:16 AM
that they liked the cavity search, but the sweet young thing that gave it to them. :D:p

Bill Collaros
03-24-2010, 07:39 AM
I believe the customs officers name was Riccardo & he had to do Craig twice :o

Fiddler
03-24-2010, 08:15 AM
I've always known that Craig wasn't normal, but ya gotta admit he's fun to be around.:rolleyes:

garrisone
03-24-2010, 08:59 AM
The problem in the U S is no greater than countries in Europe.