PDA

View Full Version : Shot with R. Lee Ermy today

rdsii64
11-15-2009, 05:56 PM
I shot my first F class match this weekend with the Santa Margarita Gun club. On top of all the fun I had, R. Lee Ermy was on my relay a few targets down. I didn't bother him for an autograph ( I'm sure he appreciated that)But I was pretty stoked to be shooting with the Gunny! Us Marines just can't stop playing with guns. It's in our DNA.

Asa Yam
11-15-2009, 06:09 PM
Us Marines just can't stop playing with guns. It's in our DNA.
You of all people should know better than to say "gun" instead of "rifle".
http://www.moviesounds.com/fmj/myrifle.wav
:D

Pete Wass
11-15-2009, 06:35 PM
he puts his pants on one leg at a time just like all the rest of us. ;)

Bill Wynne
11-15-2009, 07:22 PM
I'll bet he had as much fun as anybody at the match.

Concho Bill

Gerry Nordmann
11-16-2009, 08:46 AM
Where they filming the shoot to show later? He has shown a lot of different gun sports on his shows.:D He is one of the very few to show shooting in a positive way. :) Thank You Gunny!

caroby
11-16-2009, 09:25 AM
Where they filming the shoot to show later? He has shown a lot of different gun sports on his shows.:D He is one of the very few to show shooting in a positive way. :) Thank You Gunny!

Yes Sir...! Totally agree Gerry..

Thank you Gunny!

cale

Who Me?
11-16-2009, 11:12 AM
he puts his pants on one leg at a time just like all the rest of us. ;)

NO SIR !! He yells at them to "stand at attention" and then he jumps into them both legs at once. :eek: :D

steve b.
11-16-2009, 08:22 PM
NO SIR !! He yells at them to "stand at attention" and then he jumps into them both legs at once. :eek: :D

AAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...! Cracked me up.

rdsii64
11-16-2009, 09:39 PM
Where they filming the shoot to show later? He has shown a lot of different gun sports on his shows.:D He is one of the very few to show shooting in a positive way. :) Thank You Gunny!No one was filming anything. He was on his own time.

TRA
11-17-2009, 08:55 PM
He's a jerk and runs his mouth about magnificent killing machines. I consider him a disgrace to our 2nd Amendment rights. You want our youth taking after him, blowing things up, setting fires, making firearms owners look like jackasses?

Not everyone considers him a saint. But some do.

Nor Cal Mikie
11-18-2009, 08:40 AM
That last post proves it. There's always "one" in the crowd!:(

Who Me?
11-18-2009, 09:29 AM
He's a jerk and runs his mouth about magnificent killing machines. I consider him a disgrace to our 2nd Amendment rights. You want our youth taking after him, blowing things up, setting fires, making firearms owners look like jackasses?

He's a Marine, that's what they are trained to do. You should get on your knees and thank God that they do what they do so you can get on the forum and bad-mouth them.

Gerry Nordmann
11-18-2009, 11:38 AM

Guns 'are' Magnificent Killing Machines, that's why Marines love them.:D
In my old age I love Custom Guns, BR target shooting, and watching
Gunny blowing things up and
setting fires.:) Target shooting is about firearms training and knowning how
to kill if you have to. Thats what the 2nd Amendment is about - having the
means of protecting your self and your loved ones. I think the ones that
are afraid of guns and blowing things up are our future victims. :(
A jackass can't shoot or blow things up they can only work for a master.
Seems to me that people that are afraid of guns are the jackasses.

Old Gunner
11-18-2009, 11:51 AM
"Shot with R Lee Ermy" is much better than "was shot by R Lee Ermy" any day.

Drill Instructors are trained to be abrasive A-holes, its a major part of military training to learn to deal with world class a-holes on a daily basis.

Jerrschmitt
11-18-2009, 04:08 PM

You need to re read the 2nd Amendment. It's not about hunting or Benchrest shooting.

Semper Fi, Gunny.

TomD
11-18-2009, 04:36 PM
Is Mister D still here? :rolleyes: