PDA

View Full Version : The Mavis Haller Memorial Match

Joe Haller
07-26-2009, 06:05 PM
It's been four years since I lost my shooting partner of 40 years. Three years ago our local club decided to put on a memorial match in her memory.

This year the match will be held on Sunday, August 9th. Same rifle classes as the RFC On-Line-Match rules. The winners get bragging rights. The lucky ones win a share of the $1500.00 worth of shooting related door prizes. Everyone gets a souvenir badge commemorating the event. More food at noon than a Swedish Schmorgusbourd.

If you would like to attend this match, please reply to this thread, or send me an e-mail.

Joe Haller - hallermac@aol.com

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v186/Joe_Haller/Posters-Fliers/MavisMemorial.jpg

yooperchuck
07-27-2009, 09:34 AM
You can count on me being there Joe. I have been there the last two years and wont miss this year. Nice people, some competition, great food.......a shooters dream !!!!! :)

rhughes
07-29-2009, 12:28 PM
Hi Joe,

Wind, nor rain, nor snow, nor even long lines of trolls traveling north across the Big Mac could keep me away. This is the best shoot in the Country. I have attended the last 2 and plan on attending at least the next 30.

I'm working on a new tuner, if its done or close I'll bring it along.

gordon gauge
07-29-2009, 02:54 PM
Would love to be there Joe, but I'm gettin' to old to hitchhike anymore. But I swear, before the grim reaper comes for me, gonna make it out there....

Joe Haller
07-29-2009, 05:49 PM
The date has been set for the 4th Annual Mavis Haller Memorial Match:
AUGUST 8, 2010. Ya still have that Triumph Tiger Cub? Better and more fun than Hitch-hiking. No room for a rifle on that little bike. I'll loan you the Black Grade 10 Suhl when ya get here. Got a spare room upstairs for ya too.

Mr. Frosty :-)

Joe Haller
07-29-2009, 05:51 PM
Looks like the count is 21 shooters for our Memorial Match so far:

Listed from far away to near.

Harry Berry - Spring, Texas
Craig Nelson - Midland, Michigan
Chuck Langenderfer - Lewiston, Michigan
Bob Hughes - Indian River, Michigan
Susan Hughes - Indian River, Michigan
Courtney Terpening - St. Ignace, Michigan
Peter Rabine - Goetzville, Michigan
Dan Kutchin - Rudyard, Michigan
Chuck Millhouse - Kinross, Michigan
Jim Kester - Barbeau, Michigan
Marilyn Kester - Barbeau, Michigan
Reg Richardson - Sault Sainte Marie, Ontario
Ethel O'Brian - Sault Sainte Marie, Michigan
Larry Putnam - Sault Sainte Marie, Michigan
Jessica Haller - Sault Sainte Marie, Michigan
Joe Haller - Sault Sainte Marie, Michigan
Robert Haller - Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan
Jim Phillips - Sault Sainte Marie, Michigan
Paige Phillips - Sault Sainte Marie, Michigan
Andrew Terpening - Sault Sainte Marie, Michigan
Trysten Terpening - Sault Sainte Marie, Michigan

Joe Haller
07-31-2009, 02:58 PM
On Saturday, August 8th we are running a benchrest metallic silhouette match. 60 to 200 yards with rimfires. Same four classes as the Sunday match.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v186/Joe_Haller/Posters-Fliers/2009MetallicSilhouette.jpg