PDA

View Full Version : Blackcreek match 4-4-09

steve stanley
04-04-2009, 06:14 PM
The match today was wild, there was some strange stuff going on, very unusual for this range, there were a lot on switches and hard gusts and letups and half the field dropped at least 1 point and this was 100 yds. We had 32 shooters 30 vfs and 2 factory, a good turnout and the weather was nice.In VFS Henry Varanian was 1st w 250-20x, Dick Grosbier was 2nd w 250-20x and Adrian Vangorder was 3rd with w 250-20x also, George Lester was 4th w 250-19x and Eric Leslie was 5th w 250-18x and the jr. shooter was 15 yr. old Alex Tolley( this is one big boy, he's been eating some good groceries)Alex also walked away with a new benchgun, I missed the presentation but he sure looked happy, Adrian can supply the details. Alex's dad won factory class w 238-3x score. Pete Wass stopped by on his return trip to Maine after wintering in Florida and I accused him of bringing the conditions from Maine with him and he said he was like Lil' Abner and the black cloud followed him around. I hope he enjoyed his visit with us as we enjoyed him being there and I wish them all better conditions in Thurmont tomorrow. Good shooting to all and Thanks to KC and his crew for another fine match. Steve

benchrestrookie
04-04-2009, 10:07 PM
Yes, Black Creek was fun... the wind was something else. It seems that everytime I do shoot it gets a little bit better conditions, and I learn how to read the flags a little bit better so its a step in the right direction. Good shooting to all shooters and thank you for all of you that helped me today with gun information and making me a better shooter. Also thank you for making this match be one that I will never forget. Thanks again to all of you and hope to see you at the next match.

Alex Tolley

VTXChic
04-05-2009, 07:58 AM
The wind was definitely something else all together! I am starting to think KC ordered a wind machine over the winter to make it more interesting for us!:)

It was great to see familiar faces and a couple of new ones! All and all great match even though windy conditions prompted some strong words here and there!

Thank you, KC, Elsie and Rachel for an enjoyable match!

Julia

AVanGorder
04-06-2009, 09:44 AM
... the jr. shooter was 15 yr. old Alex Tolley( this is one big boy, he's been eating some good groceries) Alex also walked away with a new benchgun, I missed the presentation but he sure looked happy, Adrian can supply the details....

Indeed he was. Today was Alex' third match, his second with a Bench gun. His second match was at The Rock, 200 yards of ... well, The Rock. Today, at Black Creek was his second match with a Bench Rest rifle.

The 100 yard match at Black Creek was a tough one. Just 50% of the shooters walked away with a 250 sticker. Alex had a slam fire on match 2 or 3 and hit the far end of the square. He shot the same target one more time and got a 10. If that slam fire had not have happened, Alex would have shot a 250. Very good shooting!

Alex fell in love with the rifle (aka Eugene) after she shot it for the first time. His Dad, Kevin, and I have been sneaking around working out a way for Alex to adopt the gun.

Eugene now has a new home with the Tolley's.

Adrian

ps I'll try to get a pic up here to share with everyone.

steve stanley
04-06-2009, 10:06 AM
Its great when we can give a new shooter a good deal on some of the equipment that we no longer need, that's the way to grow the sport. Good on ya Adrian, Steve

AVanGorder
04-07-2009, 03:04 PM
Here is a picture of Eugene

http://photos.imageevent.com/avangorder/guns/variouspics/websize/Eugene01.JPG

Pete Wass
04-07-2009, 03:17 PM
this has to be the windiest winter on record or does it only blow on days when I decide to shoot ? Every place I shot this winter so far had swirling winds. Wasn't real good to test in.

I enjoyed shooting at Black Creek and hope I can shoot there again someday.Great facility and SHOULD BE a great place to shoot! It was nice to see old friends again there.

steve stanley
04-08-2009, 06:33 AM
Pete, it has been tough conditions most of the winter around here for sure, we enjoyed having you shoot with us and hope to see you during the season. Have you made it home yet? Steve

TBonz
04-10-2009, 12:15 AM
Alex,

Glad to hear you and Eugene are getting along well...I hope to get out at a match to see you and the rest of the gang soon!

Tom

benchrestrookie
04-10-2009, 09:39 PM
Yes we also look forward to seeing you. Maybe the upcoming Fairfax match? It would be fun, hope to see you there. Thanks again for the rest, Dad and I love it.

Alex Tolley