PDA

View Full Version : small rifle primers

shooter1952
02-23-2009, 07:50 AM
Is it just me or is it getting hard to get small rifle primers? I went to the last gun show and no one had them,and woulden't tell me if they were going to . I came home and got on the internet and checked out Midway and there was not one to be bought. Cabelas is the same way. One person said that katrina was the one at fault and there is only one factory that produces primers? What is going on? Jerry

Waylan Kisor
02-23-2009, 07:59 AM
You may try Champions Choice. They had sone a few weeks back, I got 15K from them. www.championschoice.com or call for orders 1-800-345-7179.

abintx
02-23-2009, 08:21 AM
is it just me or is it getting hard to get small rifle primers? I went to the last gun show and no one had them,and woulden't tell me if they were going to . I came home and got on the internet and checked out midway and there was not one to be bought. Cabelas is the same way. One person said that katrina was the one at fault and there is only one factory that produces primers? What is going on? Jerry

fearful hoarding !!! After the initial buying, it takes on a life of its own. Kind of like a snowball moving down a steep hillside. Just human nature at work. ;)

mike in co
02-23-2009, 10:51 AM
yep...not a lack of supply/nor manufactures..its called buying frenzy.....

i sold well over 220 thousand primers in dec/jan......

it was end of year/dont stock more than normal sales.(inventory tax)..by the time dealers reacted to the election..it was too late..

mike in co