PDA

View Full Version : body/bump die with bushing & 6PPC USA?

ducksoup
02-22-2009, 06:54 PM
I've recentaly had my 6PPC rechambered with a Dave Kiff, .268 reamer and I'd like to go to a body/bump die with a bushing. Redding shows a 6PPC USA die, what is this? I want to get more consistancy by always full length sizing every time I load. but I don't want to over size. Just enough to make sure I can chamber each round easily. I'm I going to need a custom die? If so, who would make one? Thanks for all your help.

Tom

benchshooterMGF
02-22-2009, 07:04 PM
the person that chambered you'r barrel shoul'd have that. I have a 6 ppc usa body die I'll give you you pay shipping

goodgrouper
02-23-2009, 10:22 AM
I've recentaly had my 6PPC rechambered with a Dave Kiff, .268 reamer and I'd like to go to a body/bump die with a bushing. Redding shows a 6PPC USA die, what is this? I want to get more consistancy by always full length sizing every time I load. but I don't want to over size. Just enough to make sure I can chamber each round easily. I'm I going to need a custom die? If so, who would make one? Thanks for all your help.

Tom

I ordered a that same Redding 6ppc die and it would push the shoulders back but it didn't squeeze in the web area enough so the brass would go in the chamber fine but wouldn't come out very well even with mild loads. I then ordered their small base 6ppc bushing die and it works perfectly. It squeezes in the web and shoulder OD just a hair under .001".

Seems kinda weird using a small base die for a bench rifle but you gotta use what works!

Randy J.
02-23-2009, 12:39 PM
The 6ppc usa is the factory version of the 6ppc. I don't believe the specs are the same as most of the benchrest ppcs. The specs should be in any of the latest loading manuals so you could check the measurements against what you have. I am sure many on this forum know more about the 6ppc usa and will most likely be able to tell you more concrete info than I have. Certainly a call to Redding would provide you with info also. I wouldn't buy the die until I knew for sure whether it will work. Randy J.