PDA

View Full Version : Full length die

Codeman
02-13-2009, 07:41 AM
I'm new to the BR game and I just got a used 6ppc. I've ordered wilson neck and seater dies. I dont know the round count on the barrel or the reamer specs. I want to get a FL sizing die but dont want to have a custom one made due to the fact that I will probably have a new barrel put on once I learn a little more. What is a good FL die to use until then.

Cody

Dick Grosbier
02-13-2009, 08:04 AM
Call Sinclair order
RD77XFLDIE1 Redding Type S Full Length Die (I) RD77319 6mm PPC USA (I) $44.20

Or Just call Lynwood Harrel and order a B3 die

Codeman
02-13-2009, 08:14 AM
What about just a redding body die?

Dick Grosbier
02-13-2009, 09:07 AM
That will work also but you will need to necksize and shoulder bump with die you already have so two processes to be done instead of one.

HovisKM
02-13-2009, 09:53 AM
Dick,
You have a PPC USA listed.....

Codeman

Call Sinclair, tell them what you have....they care the Hornady PPC tight chamber die now. That's what you need....Give them a call.

Hovis

abintx
02-13-2009, 10:10 AM
I'm new to the BR game and I just got a used 6ppc. I've ordered wilson neck and seater dies. I dont know the round count on the barrel or the reamer specs. I want to get a FL sizing die but dont want to have a custom one made due to the fact that I will probably have a new barrel put on once I learn a little more. What is a good FL die to use until then.
Cody

One of the things you can do is buy your own reamer from Dave Kiff at Pacific Tool and Gauge (they're not expensive) and you'll always know what your specs are. Here's his link: http://www.pacifictoolandgauge.com/. Give him a call. He'll help you out. :)

Dick Grosbier
02-13-2009, 10:37 AM
the Hornady PPC tight chamber die

I would agree thats probably a better choice.

zippy06
02-13-2009, 12:41 PM
Sinclair recommended the Redding 77211 this past summer.
But, like everyone said. Call Sinclair. They have it all. The Techs. are all shooters and competitors. Great guys.
They helped me a lot. :)

Oh, and this die has some play at the bottom. .005". So you can custom this die yourself. After 7 loads the web needed sizing. I "polished" .001" off the bottom. All Good. :)

goodgrouper
02-13-2009, 12:42 PM
I bought the Redding 6ppc small base bushing die a year ago and it works better than any of my custom dies. It matches my chamber better and that's the trick.