PDA

View Full Version : Removing the erector tube-T36

Bob Kingsbury
02-12-2009, 09:22 PM
I have heard of one person that removes the erector tube
from the objective end so the crosshairs are not disturbed

steve stanley
02-13-2009, 06:17 AM
Thats how I did it after the first one where I broke the crosshair during the removal process. After seeing how it was installed, I could see no reason to remove it and just took everything out the front and it worked great, unless I have a reason to suspect problems with the crosshair I will not remove another. Steve

maarten de ridd
02-13-2009, 02:56 PM
I'll keep that in mind
Maarten

Donald
02-13-2009, 11:07 PM
After removing the two small screws under the turrents does the erector tube just come out by pulling on it. I froze one but could not decide how to get the erector tube out after I pulled the spring out, so just shimmed it and froze it in place. I have since been a bit worried about it holding POI. Its in a TSI mount

Donald

steve stanley
02-14-2009, 08:49 AM
Donald, I used a dental pick to pry it forward through the screw and turret holes as far as it would go, then I bumped the objective end of the tube on a carpeted bench top. Make sure you are bumping the tube square to the benchtop and give it light steady bumps and the tube will slide down untill the springs release and it will fall out. Steve

jackie schmidt
02-14-2009, 05:12 PM
Back when I was freezing scopes, the only thing I saw that would make this difficult was shooters who had tightened the scope mounts so tight that the scope tube was deformed. This was not uncommon.

In cases like this, I had a wooden dowel that just fit inside the scope tube that I placed in the scope and gentaly tapped the erector tube assy out........jackie

Donald
02-15-2009, 12:22 AM
Jackie,
I was interested in getting it out thru the objective end. Could you just pull on it with some forceps? I stuck my finger thru one reticle too many already. Rebuilt one unit 5 times before I got it the way I wanted. Used kevlar, single strand, near as I could mic it was .0002 thick. You learn a lot about handling reticles when you have to redo it 5 times. Plus handling a fiber that you can almost not see with out magnification. Lots of fun :rolleyes:

Donald