PDA

View Full Version : Bill Myers in Hospital

Bill Myers
01-16-2009, 07:29 AM
Bill was admitted to Winchester Medical Center yesterday afternoon for emergency surgery. He came through it well and his prognosis is very good. However, he's going to be in the hospital for a week and won't be back to his old self for awhile. For those of you who have sent work to him, please give me a call around the end of this week and I'll have a better idea of how long it's going to take him to get back in the groove. Making sure his custom rifle work got done was a huge concern for him yesterday when he probably should have been contemplating his own mortality -- but it was an excellent distraction. So, if you've discussed sending a gun to him for work, please hold off and if you have already done so, please contact me in a few days and I'll have more information to share.

His work is what keeps him happy and his shooting friendships are what motivate him to get up every morning.

I'll keep you posted.

Inez

Dave D.
01-16-2009, 07:41 AM
I'm sorry to hear Bill had this emergency. I wish him the best, and a quick recovery. Inez, please keep us posted. Thanks,

...Dave

Al Hadfield
01-16-2009, 07:47 AM
Inez,

Penny and I wish Bill the best, say "HI" for us.

Take care, Al

Macky Locklin
01-16-2009, 08:00 AM
Thanks for the call this morning Inez about Bill's condition, and I know that everyone out there that frequents this forum will be watching and hoping for his quick recovery. As you are able, be sure to remind him of his many friends and our hopes for his quick return to the work he loves so much. We will all be anxious to hear updates of his improving condition as time goes on. Get well quickly Bill!

Macky

Butch Lambert
01-16-2009, 08:15 AM
Hope you recover quickly Bill!
Butch

Pepper1079
01-16-2009, 08:27 AM
Bill and Inez. Was sorry to hear about Bill's surgery. Hope all is going well and Bill has a speedy recovery. We will keep you in our prayers.
Jim

garrisone
01-16-2009, 08:35 AM
Bill was admitted to Winchester Medical Center yesterday afternoon for emergency surgery. He came through it well and his prognosis is very good. However, he's going to be in the hospital for a week and won't be back to his old self for awhile. For those of you who have sent work to him, please give me a call around the end of this week and I'll have a better idea of how long it's going to take him to get back in the groove. Making sure his custom rifle work got done was a huge concern for him yesterday when he probably should have been contemplating his own mortality -- but it was an excellent distraction. So, if you've discussed sending a gun to him for work, please hold off and if you have already done so, please contact me in a few days and I'll have more information to share.

His work is what keeps him happy and his shooting friendships are what motivate him to get up every morning.

I'll keep you posted.

Inez Inez: Hope Bill is doing fine-I just talked to him a short while ago. Keep us posted on how he is doing. garrisone.

Fiddler
01-16-2009, 08:37 AM
Get well soon! It's hard to keep a good man down and with Inez's help and care we'll see ya on the firing line before we know it.

cpeters
01-16-2009, 08:56 AM
Pray for a speedy recovery Bill.

Charlie

gerald
01-16-2009, 08:58 AM
Keep O'Bill under your wing Inez .Get well soon buddy
Gerald Higdon aka. Higgins

steve
01-16-2009, 09:16 AM
Inez,
Sorry to hear about Bill,
Cyndi and I both wish him a quick recovery.
We will keep you both in our prayres.
Tell him to do what the Doc says.
Steve

Fred J
01-16-2009, 09:21 AM
Dorothy and I wish you a rapid recovery. You're in our prayers.

Kent Owens
01-16-2009, 10:02 AM
Inez,
Tell Bill I wish him the best, and to get well as soon as he can. He knows I always aggravate him a lot when I see him, but he also knows it's just because I like him and it's all in fun. Bill's got a good sense of humor, and it's always good to see him. He will be in our prayers. Tell him to take it easy when he gets home for a spell. It's Winter, he needs a little rest.

RegisG
01-16-2009, 10:09 AM
Inez,
Indeed, our prayers are for both you and Bill.

Regis

CYoung
01-16-2009, 11:00 AM
I hope for the best for Bill and you too Inez, if I can help just call.

Joe Youngblood
01-16-2009, 11:33 AM
Bill, Here's wishing you a complete and speedy recovery! Inez, keep us posted when you can.

Joe

William Smith
01-16-2009, 11:48 AM
Take care and get better soon! Inez, slow him down and make sure he does what he's supposed to. Am still looking forward to seeing ya'll at the Crawfish, this year. Thumper:

Joe Friedrich
01-16-2009, 12:31 PM
It saddens me to hear the news Inez and pray that everything will be fine for Bill. Wishing you a full recovery Bill and you both are in my prayers.

Take Care,
Joe

TangoTwo
01-16-2009, 12:43 PM
Inez,

Tell Bill to behave and get well quick. I know he's a handfull, make sure he follows doctor's orders and doesn't over do on the gun work when he gets home. Please keep us posted. Looking forward to seeing you both soon.

Ken & Cherie

Dave S
01-16-2009, 12:57 PM
Inez:

Please pass onto Bill our sincere hope for a speedy and complete recovery.. If there is anything we can do, please do not hesitate to call on us..

Dave & Pat Smith
Bradenton, Florida

Phil Deese
01-16-2009, 02:47 PM
Tell Bill he's in our thoughts and prayers...........keep us posted on his condition.

Bill Myers
01-16-2009, 03:34 PM
You guys are great!!! Thank you very much for your kind wishes and prayers. He looks better today, his color is pink. He tried to debate the charge nurse and his surgeon today about why he shouldn't have to breathe deeply and cough because it hurts him, so we know the argumentative part of him is still active. He lost the debate -- no pain, no gain in this scenario. He's not accustomed to feeling weak or sick or tied to a bed with tubes and drugs; well, none of us are. But, if he works hard on those deep breathing exercises, he should be home in about a week. We may have to follow up with chemo, but we'll cross that bridge when/if we come to it. Knowing that his friends are thinking about him is a very good thing and I'll make sure to print out all the posts and take them to him tomorrow.

Thanks so much -- Inez

Bill Wynne
01-16-2009, 07:15 PM
Making sure his custom rifle work got done was a huge concern for him yesterday when he probably should have been contemplating his own mortality.Inez

Tell Bill that he needs to get his priorities in order. We shooters who he does work for care more about his health than the work he is doing for us and we will all understand and be patience.

In the long scheme of things a few weeks or a few months will only be a small inconvenience.

Get well Bill,

Concho Bill

Renegade
01-16-2009, 07:38 PM
Bill and Inez,

Kathy and I wish Bill a speedy and complete recovery. You'll both be in our prayers.
Todd

Gene Beggs
01-16-2009, 08:14 PM
Bill, I'm thinking of and praying for you my friend. Get well soon.

Gene Beggs

brad541thb
01-16-2009, 08:24 PM
Bill,

Here's wishing you the very best to a speedy and healthy recovery.

Good smiths like you are hard to come by, so get well so you can keep building those great rifles that shoot so well. ;)

Brad

40EZXS
01-16-2009, 09:45 PM
Wishing you the best.
Praying you get back to your shop as fast as you can.

:)

mistermike
01-16-2009, 11:10 PM
Wishing you a speedy recovery, but take it slow and steady.
You are in our thoughts and prayers.
Michael Gallant

katokoch
01-17-2009, 01:59 AM
Mr. Myers,

I'm hoping you have a successful and speedy recovery.

Prayers sent.

-Evan Koch

Robert
01-17-2009, 04:01 AM
All the best Bill you are in my prayes

Dave Shattuck
01-19-2009, 01:59 PM
Bill,

Sorry to hear of your being down, but happy to know things are progressing in the right direction. Get well soon my friend, but don't rush it!

Dave Shattuck

WayneH
01-19-2009, 02:16 PM
Inez,
Pass my regards on to Bill, I ask a special blessing
for both of you & to Bill for a speedy and full recovery..............wayne

RandyG
01-19-2009, 03:07 PM
Wishing you a quick recovery Bill. Our prayers are with you, Inez and the rest of the family.

RG

harrydeneen
01-20-2009, 09:21 AM
Our thoughts and prayers are with you, inez, and family.. Harry...

glynn angle
01-20-2009, 09:28 AM
Winchester Medical Center will never be the same. Bill..get well soon. Inez, if you need help hog-tying Bill I'll bring up a crew from Roanoke. Best wishes, Glynn

Bill Myers
01-22-2009, 04:24 PM
Brought the Billster home from the hospital today. He's moving slow and is very tired, but I know he'll be happy to see all the supportive messages he's received on the forum. The computer is in the basement, so it may take him a day or two to get down those stairs. Thanks for everything!

Inez

RegisG
01-22-2009, 04:54 PM
Brought the Billster home from the hospital today. He's moving slow and is very tired, but I know he'll be happy to see all the supportive messages he's received on the forum. The computer is in the basement, so it may take him a day or two to get down those stairs. Thanks for everything!

Inez

:D:D:D The hardest time to rest is when you "start" feeling better. And rest is crucial to healing. Continuing to keep you both in our prayers.

regis

cliffkeesee
01-22-2009, 05:01 PM
Hi Bill & Inez
Glad you are Home
Rest well and Take care of yourself
wishing you a speedy recovery
Hope to see both of you at Piney Hill next Month

Cliff

Fred J
01-22-2009, 05:11 PM
That way he can take his time reading all the meassages. He also may need a day or two of rest, before he can get back up those stairs. Take it easy Bill. Get lots of rest and by all mean keep up those breathing excercises.

Kent Owens
01-22-2009, 09:42 PM
Inez,
It's good to hear that you got to bring Bill home. I'm sure he's glad to get back to the house. Keep an eye on him and make sure he follows Dr's. orders.
Tell him we are all pulling for him to get well and back to his old self quickly.

El Paso Mark
01-23-2009, 04:20 AM
Wishing you a full and speedy recovery Bill.

Cheers,

Mark

katokoch
01-23-2009, 07:09 AM

Inez

This is very good news, thanks.

steve
01-23-2009, 08:14 AM
THE BILLSTER??? : I am going to remember that Inez:D:D:D

gerald
01-23-2009, 08:15 AM
Bill, Glad to here you are back home. That alone makes you feel better,so just do as nurse Inez says and you will be back to the range before you know it. Get well so buddy, Gerald Higdon aka Higgins

Al Hadfield
01-23-2009, 11:58 AM
Welcome home Bill!

We wish you a speedy recovery!

Al & Penny

Dave D.
01-23-2009, 05:24 PM
Went to the Chicken House today for practice. Just twern't the same
without you there. Get well real soon.
...Dave

Dave Shattuck
01-24-2009, 11:59 AM
Glad to here you're home again! Now, just remember, it's going to take some time, so don't rush it! And, Inez knows best!

Dave Shattuck

SINJIN
01-25-2009, 07:37 AM
God speed in your recovery.

mistermike
01-25-2009, 04:33 PM
Welcome home Bill. Glad to hear you are out of the hospital and back in your own home. Take it slow my friend, get yourself 100% and then you can get back to the work that you love.

Best,
Michael

katokoch
03-07-2009, 06:53 PM
Anyone know how Bill is doing?

cadillacjack
03-07-2009, 07:10 PM
May God Bless you. The entire shooting community has you in our thoughts and prayers. Fred

Joe Friedrich
03-07-2009, 08:11 PM
Talked with Bill on Wednesday, he sounded great and he said he was feeling better. He has Chemo coming up after the PSL match next weekend. Let's keep Bill and Inez in our thoughts and prayers, it's still an uphill battle for both of them.

Joe