PDA

View Full Version : Eric Johnson and G.Titherington rifles

john1949
12-16-2008, 05:28 PM
I am a small dealer in Nashville,Tn and have aquired a collection of target rifles marked Eric Johnson and G.Titherington.I am a little familiar with Johnson,but know nothing about Titherington.Would any of the members know anything about him or the quality of his work?Any info would be appreciated.Thanks

steve b.
12-16-2008, 05:43 PM
track this guy down. he knows lots about that rifle

http://benchrest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42635&highlight=Titherington

Michael Petrov
12-16-2008, 07:28 PM
let me know what kind of info your looking for at mjpetrov@acsalaska.net.

If the Johnson barrel is still on the original rifle I can tell you who it was made for.

Butch Lambert
12-16-2008, 09:00 PM
John,
You won't find anybody more knowledgeable about the older gunsmiths. He has a lifetime of love and research into them. I am speaking of Michael Petrov. He has some nice books that he has published about the old masters.
Butch

JerryWillis
12-17-2008, 08:47 AM
He was a gunsmith in Stockton CA. also made bbls. I've seen a couple of Ballards done by him. Jerry Willis

BrianJ
12-17-2008, 12:49 PM
John,

He was a custom gunsmith from Stockton, Ca. as already stated. Besides making his own barrels he was known to use original Win. 52-B bolts and make his own receivers or altered Win. receivers. I don't know if he did any wood but some of the stocks I've seen on his rifles were outstanding and some a little out.
On some of his bolt guns he did use Smith triggers but don't know if this was the norm.

Check your PM

bjm

Clark
12-09-2015, 11:36 AM
I bought a Win 52 last night.
Glad I found this thread about Titherington, because that's what it says on the barrel.