PDA

View Full Version : Farewell to Rudy Smith

dresp
12-01-2008, 05:09 PM
Many ARA shooters may have had the good fortune to meet Rudy Smith from El Paso,TX. He died last week after a short battle with cancer. He was a wonderful friend an all around great guy and a very good shooter. He will be missed.
Dr Jon Esposito

Fred J
12-01-2008, 05:38 PM
Dr. Jon:
We'll miss him. We always looked forward to seeing him at the Nationals in St. Louis.

Kathy
12-01-2008, 06:01 PM
Friend Jon:

Any of our shooting friends, who leave, is a loss......he was your close friend, ......along with a bunch of others.....God Bless all his friends and especially, his family.....

Jon, you own Calfee SPEC 2.....how are you doing, as I know you have physical problems......too

Rudy was your friend, and ours.........

Jon, I've got a few simple problems, physically......you live your life, every day, with your physical handicap, in a way I probably wouldn't be man enough to endure.....

My friend, you've lost a friend, as has the entire rimfire benchrest community....but, "your" life, inspires folks like me to get up in the morning, put one foot in front of the other, and give thanks to God Almighty for the blessings I, we, have........

God bless your friend Rudy, and God bless you...

Your friend, Bill Calfee

Macky Locklin
12-01-2008, 07:33 PM
Very sorry to hear about Rudy. He was always a pleasure to be around, a quiet, dignified gentleman. A rare combiniation in these times.

Macky

Kent Owens
12-01-2008, 08:54 PM
It's always a bad thing to lose a friend, and I'm always saddened by the loss of a fellow shooter. I never had the opportunity to meet Rudy but I'm sure he had many friends who will miss him, and remember him. My condolences to his family. May he rest in peace.

dschliem
12-02-2008, 02:27 AM
I was sorry to hear of Rudy,s passing. We always met at the nationals where we would all set at the same table and try to figure out what we were doing wrong. Jay and I always wanted to go shoot at his range but time and distance never seemed to offer a good chance. My deepest condolences to his family and friends, he will be missed......Slim

Charles2442
12-02-2008, 06:26 AM
Got the privlage of shooting with Rudy last year at El Paso and some of the other great guys at El Paso. Rudy will be greatly missed.

RTS
12-02-2008, 07:42 AM
I had the pleasure to shoot with Rudy in Texas a while back. A true gentleman was my impression. We'll be thinking about his family.
Rick