PDA

View Full Version : 40X & Kelbly Trigger

cadman1275
11-05-2008, 09:45 AM
Hey all,

I am looking at getting a Kelbly trigger to install in my rimfire 40x. After reading about on their website and doing a search here I think i may have run into a problem.

My current 40x has a Shilen trigger in with no bolt release. I have to use a screw driver to push down on the release button area. Now it appears the Kelbly trigger does not have a bolt release either or does it? If it doesn't have a release how are all you 40x shooters with Kelbly triggers getting your bolts out? Since I don't know anything about the 40x and Gene Davis is a couple years out for even looking at my rifle i am stumped on the bolt release.

Thank you for looking and positive feedback.
Bill

Don Stith
11-05-2008, 10:35 AM
The file portion of my nail clipper works just fine. A small allen wrench does too. I love the Kelbly trigger.
Don

blades
11-05-2008, 11:49 AM
Kelby in 40x is great. Mine has been kind to me so far.

JHB
11-05-2008, 12:53 PM
Bill
Give me a call you can make a bolt release button that fits in the bottom of the stock for about a dollar
Joe

40EZXS
11-05-2008, 07:48 PM
Gene put a Kelbly on my 40X.Some thin will relese it....but a release could be made very easy.
Mine has a Pacific Tool bolt,Gene did a super great job.
Davis40X none better.

Douglas
11-06-2008, 04:08 AM
I hope somebody tells us what this $1 bolt release is? Ditto me, Davis 40X, Kelby trigger, screwdriver bolt release. Thanks, Douglas

40EZXS
11-06-2008, 06:14 AM
Jerry Graves,put me on to this.
Wal Mart,get a very thin bladed pocket knife.Less than $5.00 in sporting
goods,Mine just happens to a Winchester Knife.The point is filed away to
make a flat for the point. Just works great...and yu are like the
"big dog shooters".

Get ready for the storm in 09 Join the NRA ...now.:)

theearlof
11-06-2008, 11:17 AM
I have not used the Kelbly trigger, but can't imagine that it is any better than the Jewel. The BRBR Jewel has a bolt release, but no safety and will go down to around 1.5 oz.

I have a Jewel on my 40X heavy barrel and really love it. Wished I could get one for my 52D. I have the factory trigger down around 10 oz. and it is very crisp but would like to have it down to the 2-3 oz. area.

Earl

brian roberts
11-08-2008, 02:04 PM
only costs a dime, just roll it in, the bolt is released, & it rolls out, ahead of the lugs.

GS Arizona
11-13-2008, 06:17 AM
Hey all,

I am looking at getting a Kelbly trigger to install in my rimfire 40x. After reading about on their website and doing a search here I think i may have run into a problem.

My current 40x has a Shilen trigger in with no bolt release. I have to use a screw driver to push down on the release button area. Now it appears the Kelbly trigger does not have a bolt release either or does it? If it doesn't have a release how are all you 40x shooters with Kelbly triggers getting your bolts out? Since I don't know anything about the 40x and Gene Davis is a couple years out for even looking at my rifle i am stumped on the bolt release.

Thank you for looking and positive feedback.
Bill

Bill, Your present setup doesn't have a bolt release lever on the trigger, but the bolt stop and release parts are still on the receiver. What you are doing is actuating them with the screwdriver. All these parts can still be used with the Kelbly trigger and you will release the bolt just as you are doing now. A complete aftermarket bolt release would take the place of these parts and create a side actuated release mechanism. That's fine, but it's more expense and delay than you need just to change to a new trigger.

Take a close look at the relationship of the bolt stop and spring before you remove them, make a little drawing if its the first time you do it. It's not too complicated, but without three hands it can get a little tricky to assemble and you'll drop the parts a few times. All good fun.

tim
11-14-2008, 08:18 PM
Bill, I would also suggest you get different lenght pins for the trigger. The Kelbly relies on a "pin" under the sear bar for different actions. There's enough varience in the 40x's so you want to play with a couple sizes, they may make a difference on ignition and apparantly lots of folks are unaware of this consideration. It did make a difference on my Swindlehurst which is similar.