PDA

View Full Version : jewel trigger question

garrisone
10-24-2008, 11:22 AM
I have a jewel trigger on an old Mauser action that was converted to 22/250. My question is could I take this trigger of the Mauser and use it on a 40x. thanks for any help. garrisone. I SHOULD HAVE SAID FOR A 40X RIMFIRE. SORRY FOR ALL THE TROUBLE THIS QUESTION HAS CAUSED. GARRISONE.

nemohunter
10-24-2008, 11:48 AM
no sir they will NOT interchange.

garrisone
10-24-2008, 11:51 AM
no sir they will NOT interchange.

Thank you sir-garrisone.

decr8er
10-24-2008, 02:40 PM
Hi Garrisone,
You do know that your 22-250 is not a rimfire....don't you?

nemohunter
10-24-2008, 03:10 PM
Hi Garrisone,
You do know that your 22-250 is not a rimfire....don't you?

you do know all 40X's are not rimfire dont you? he came to the rimfire part cause we da smart ones:D

Kent Owens
10-24-2008, 04:12 PM
garrisone,
Depends if that Jewel trigger is a Remington pattern that someone converted to fit the Mauser. Get someone who knows to look at it for you. I don't recall Jewell making triggers to fit Mausers, but I could be wrong. Good luck.

mwezell
10-24-2008, 05:46 PM
you do know all 40X's are not rimfire dont you? he came to the rimfire part cause we da smart ones:D

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

decr8er
11-03-2008, 03:21 PM
....pointing out that it is the rimfire forum, and that you were wasting my time by opening your post.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::confused:

Dave S
11-03-2008, 03:34 PM
Then WHY did you read it...:eek::confused:

w5i2n
11-03-2008, 05:25 PM
I have a good starter on my Volkswagen. Can I put it on my Ford?

Butch Lambert
11-03-2008, 06:18 PM
Guys listen to Kent. Arnold never built a trigger for a Mauser. It has been adapted. Not saying that it is a Remington pattern, but it could be.
You give me enough time and metal and I can make that bug starter work on your fix or repair daily.
Butch

J Pappas
11-03-2008, 06:24 PM
I have a good starter on my Volkswagen. Can I put it on my Ford?

What model ford?

garrisone
11-03-2008, 09:44 PM
....pointing out that it is the rimfire forum, and that you were wasting my time by opening your post.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::confused:

I DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND IT REALLY DOSEN'T MATTER TO ME BUT IF YOU ARE SAYING THAT I WASTED YOUR TIME BY OPENING THIS TREAD THEN I AM LETTING YOU KNOW I ASKED A QUESTION ABOUT JEWEL TRIGGERS FOR a rim fire rifle. Of cource I know that this is rim fire not center fire. I am sorry that I don't know as much as you about jewel triggers and what they fit or wont fit.I come to this sight to learn what I can to be better informed about rimfire benchrest. if my questions are in fact a waste of your time then just don't respond to my questions and we will get along a lot better. I didn't join this discussion forum to be talked down to or put down. Every body eles has been just great to help with my questions and I have never had any problems with anyone. I have a lot of friends here and they have been a great help to me in learning about rimfire benchrest shooting. I wish you well and you don't have to respond to this post. I close in saying I am sorry for wasteing your time. garrisone. ps-Wilber if you want to delete this you can because you are the webb master . I don't need to be put down by some body who dosen't have respect for me garrisone.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

garrisone
11-03-2008, 09:53 PM
garrisone,
Depends if that Jewel trigger is a Remington pattern that someone converted to fit the Mauser. Get someone who knows to look at it for you. I don't recall Jewell making triggers to fit Mausers, but I could be wrong. Good luck.

Thanks Kent ,I was thinking that I might be able to take the trigger off the Mauser action and install it on a rimfire 40x..The trigger looks like a jewel trigger and if it was possible to do this then I could save myself some money. I WILL DO AS YOU SUGGEST and thanks for takeing your time to respond to my question in a helpful way. garrisone.

garrisone
11-03-2008, 09:57 PM
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

YES I KNEW THAT THIS WAS RIMFIRE AND NOT CENTER FIRE. garrisone.

garrisone
11-03-2008, 10:03 PM
What model ford?

Mr Pappas: In looking at the rifle in question it looks like a jewel trigger and I simply thought that I could use the trigger on a 40x rimfire build. It would ,if possible save me a little money. I am going to my gun smith and get him to tell me what the trigger is. Thanks for your help,your friend garrisone.

garrisone
11-03-2008, 10:06 PM
you do know all 40x's are not rimfire dont you? He came to the rimfire part cause we da smart ones:d

thanks nemo. I know this is rimfire not center fire and that all 40x's are not rimfire. Thanks for your help.garrisone.

JJ-IA
11-03-2008, 11:48 PM
Garrison,
Not sure if this will help but here’s a site with a picture and a few cutaway drawings of the Jewell triggers. Safety (top or bottom) and bolt release are optional.
May help you figure out what you have.

http://www.ada.ru/Guns/remington/Jewell/manual_en.htm

garrisone
11-04-2008, 01:52 AM
Garrison,
Not sure if this will help but here’s a site with a picture and a few cutaway drawings of the Jewell triggers. Safety (top or bottom) and bolt release are optional.
May help you figure out what you have.

http://www.ada.ru/Guns/remington/Jewell/manual_en.htm

thank you .That sight has a lot of information I was looking for. It is great to have folks willing to help some one instead of smart axx mouthings. Thank you again for your help. garrison.

langenc
11-04-2008, 09:54 PM
What is the difference??