PDA

View Full Version : 2008 F-Class nationals

canon
10-05-2008, 05:14 PM
Charles Ballard has won the NRA F-Class Open Nationals at Lodi, WI. with a grand agg. of 1337-65X. He was using a Custom .284 Winchester.

Anyone wishing to see his rig can go to www.precisionriflesales.com or www.6mmbr.com/gunweek088.html Way to go Charles!!!!

Bnhpr
10-05-2008, 07:06 PM
Superb Charles!

That 284 case is quite a platform in all respects, but it takes a real marksman to make it happen at that distance.

That score is quite an inspiration to amateurs like me.

Also, the gunsmith that built it is quite a craftsman as well.

Ben

Rustystud
10-06-2008, 04:29 AM
Charles, I know you have worked hard and developed a highly competitive rifle and load. Your shooting skills have also grown dramatically over the last two years. Your hard work is paying off. Those who have been shooting around you greatly respect your committment to your shooting.

Ray congratulation for your fine work too. I know just how much work goes into making a fine rifle. Charles obviously has had you tweeking his rifles over the last two years. The combination of yours and Charles hard work should flood your shop with lots of rifle build request. I wish FClass posted the information on the rifle, stock, barrel, bullets, gunsmith as the BR shooters do. It would provide some interesting stats.

Charles shoots good equipment, and the Broughton Barrels from Tim Norths' Shop are as good a one can get.

Again congratulations to some fine shooting, gunsmithing, and fine equipment.

I also would like to congratulate the other fine shooters who went to Lodi, especially the North State Shooters.

Nat Lambeth

Boblor
10-06-2008, 03:18 PM
Nate,
They did collect an equipment list from anyone who cared to supply it. If it will be posted I have no idea.
If you go to www.DANIELTPHILLIPS.COM he has a lot of pictures of the match that you can look at and purchase they show some of the equipment along with the shooters.
bob