PDA

View Full Version : new benchrest rifle???

LenH
08-30-2008, 11:21 PM
let me ask the experts on this forum what you would use for componants to build a state of the art br rifle? i have a sleeved remmy 700 in a mcmillan stock with a 36x luepold. i know there are many actions to choose from. i have been looking at the stiller drop port. i like the way the cases come out the bottom. no hassle, just the kiss method. what should i use for a stock, i hear the edge is nice. i want to get serious next year and want a serious rifle. what would you people recommend for a newbe but not a newbe to shooting. A couple of shooters suggested going to a match or looking at the equipment lists at major events. this is what i was going to do today but it didnt work out. i would like to start with a new rifle instead of an old one if i could try some different actions, im sure i could settle on one.

any help would be apprecaited. len hagen

LenH
08-30-2008, 11:50 PM
it is out by bluffdale/riverton, utah. its an active base. lenH

crb
08-31-2008, 09:18 AM
There is a RBLP - DP Viper in an Edge stock in the classifieds right now. You could be shooting it in a couple of weeks. Probably 6 month wait for an action right now.

I picked up a used 6PPC RBLP-DP back in June and I really like the drop port. I did add a [slightly goofy looking ] deflector on the bottom of the stock to throw the cases out to the right away from the joystick of my rest. Mine has an older pattern stock but I do have a Bruno's pattern Edge on my RBRP non drop 30BR. I like it.

vmthtr in green
08-31-2008, 01:07 PM
That would be mine. Here is a link and a pic. Really a great rifle. Feel free to email with any questions.

Mike
http://www.benchrest.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/classifieds.cgi?db=aaafirearms&website=&language=&session_key=&search_and_display_db_button=on&results_format=long&db_id=7137&query=retrieval
http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/7064IMG_1426.JPG

AVanGorder
09-01-2008, 07:09 AM
Len,

Since you want to do it right, then "do" it right. Call Jim Borden and have him make you a rifle. You pick the color(s) for the stock and let him do the rest.

570-965-2505
jim@bordenrifles.com
http://www.bordenrifles.com

LenH
09-01-2008, 07:38 PM
i forgot to mention i am left handed. that rifle vh in green is just about what i had in mind, with that stock or maybe a scollville. lenH

AVanGorder
09-01-2008, 07:46 PM
i forgot to mention i am left handed. that rifle vh in green is just about what i had in mind, with that stock or maybe a scollville. lenH

Hey Len,

We have a couple things in common, I'm from Utah and I shoot Lefty also. Check your PMs.

Adrian

LenH
09-01-2008, 07:55 PM
i will admit im not real computer savy. im looking for your pm but dont see it. my email addy is ppc6shooter@hotmail.com lenH

AVanGorder
09-01-2008, 08:07 PM
Hey Len,

We have a couple things in common, I'm from Utah and I shoot Lefty also. Check your PMs.

Adrian
Len,

I just sent you an E-mail.

Adrian

crb
09-01-2008, 08:07 PM
Lefty BR rifles are out there, I sold one earlier this year.

Mike Paul
09-01-2008, 08:13 PM
Len,
Half the people that shoot in Utah matches are left handed. In fact, it works pretty well with with right handed shooters-especially if your sharing equipment like Roger Freeman and I did last week at Logan. We used the same flags and shared the same elbow pads and towell. It worked out really well. Come out to Lee Kay on Saturday. We start at 8am. I will save you a bench.

-MP

LenH
09-01-2008, 08:13 PM
crb i know. i passed on a rifle last year for a steal and hear its shooting like gangbusters now. lenH

LenH
09-01-2008, 08:15 PM
sounds good mike. i will call pat tomorrow and get signed up. lenH

AVanGorder
09-01-2008, 08:20 PM
i will admit im not real computer savy. im looking for your pm but dont see it. my email addy is ppc6shooter@hotmail.com lenH
Your E-mail has rejected two different E-mails from me...

LenH
09-01-2008, 08:25 PM
i cant log in to live hotmail. it has been so long that i dont know if it works anymore. im trying to reset it now. its working now-lenH

AVanGorder
09-22-2008, 09:04 PM
Len,

Are you more confused than before?

LenH
09-30-2008, 10:24 PM
no, im getting unconfused thanks to shooters here emailing me and offereing rifles. i finally got a bondfide br rifle panda action edge stock and hart barrel. my email was down for a long time but when igot it fixed, there wany folk there to help me. now ijust have to rob a bank so i can afford to shoot the dang thing. lenH i mispelled your name sorry.