PDA

View Full Version : Rapid actions screws

Renegade
07-14-2008, 07:14 PM
Does anyone know what thread the action screws are on a Theoben Rapid MKII?
My action pivots on the front screw(the only one it came with) enough to "rattle" in the stock. I can minimize it by tightening it, but don't want to over tighten it. I'd like to install a rear action screw when I build my BR stock.
Thanks,
Todd Banks

Doug Shea
07-21-2008, 06:47 AM
Does anyone know what thread the action screws are on a Theoben Rapid MKII?
My action pivots on the front screw(the only one it came with) enough to "rattle" in the stock. I can minimize it by tightening it, but don't want to over tighten it. I'd like to install a rear action screw when I build my BR stock.
Thanks,
Todd Banks

Todd, 1/4 - 28 socket head will work . Cut up a credit card and shim the sides of the receiver that should help for now.
Doug

Dave Shattuck
07-21-2008, 10:09 AM
Or, better yet, let Kathy go through your wallet and cut up some credit cards!!!!! then you can use the remnants to shim your stock! :D :D :D :eek: :eek: :eek: :confused: :confused: :mad:

Renegade
07-21-2008, 08:40 PM
Thanks Doug,
I was thinking about doing something along those lines, but not sure if there's room for a credit card. I'll see what I can come up with.

Dave, after using credit cards to pay for the wedding and 11 days of honeymooning, I NEED to cut up the cards! 900+ miles towing the camper @ 9.2 mpg put a hurt on my balance!

Todd

David Valdina
07-22-2008, 11:22 AM
Tinfoil is pretty stable and thin, the figure 3/1000 sticks in my mind. Add as needed for the fit you want. Won't rust, nor hold moisture. See you this Saturday ? My best, David

Fred J
07-22-2008, 12:10 PM
Todd:
Did you check to see if the action screw in bottoming out in the action? That would cause a problem similar to what you are experiencing.

Renegade
07-22-2008, 08:46 PM
David, I'll try the tinfoil if I get a chance before Sat. If my gauges don't get here so I can practice before the match, I won't be able to see if there is an improvement in accuracy.

Fred, I hadn't thought of that. I'll try putting a washer on the action screw to see if that helps.
Todd