PDA

View Full Version : where can I shoot f-class nearelpaso tx

sca
06-29-2008, 11:35 PM
Anyone know of f-class mathes near elpaso tx also how many rounds does a person need to bring for match and practice.

tsiero
07-02-2008, 01:39 PM
Next one is in August. Follow this link: http://www.capitanhipower.com/index.htm

Butch Lambert
07-02-2008, 06:20 PM
tseiro,
I gave him good contact info and have not heard from him. He posted on another forum and was given info. I believe if people go to the trouble to help somebody they should at least acknowledge that they received the info. If the info was no good, we could look for more for him.
Butch

tsiero
07-03-2008, 09:18 AM
This guy my be in training at Ft. Bliss as he indicates he from Kentucky. When my son was in training there He didn't have the time to return a phone call. Also where he was staying internet access was poor. All that matters is that he shows up to a match.

LarryBartholome
07-03-2008, 02:35 PM
Butch,
Thanks to you he sent me an e-mail and I wrote him back with details of the Capitan match and others in Raton. No F-Class in El Paso. Midland from what I see on their web site is a, shoot 5 groups and take the best 2 type of match. I havenít heard back from him.
Larry B.

jackie schmidt
07-03-2008, 03:41 PM
They shoot F-Class at the Golden Triangle Gun Club in Beaumont. It's only 800+ miles, but it's still in Texas.:D
Are you going to be in Midland this week end?? We hope to get on the road tonight..........jackie

sca
07-11-2008, 11:33 PM
Sorry guys I did get all the info and shot a br match at Bliss last weekend and hooked up with some other people who go up to New Mexico I cant go over like 3hrs away at this time. I also learned I could use my rifle in the long range nra mathes .I can tell you somthing I learned the 700yd steel targets are much harder to hit here in tx than the 1000yd sight in skeet at hawkridge. The wind is horrible even at 400yds Im getting educated on effects of wind and importance reading it here in the west.There is another match next month and I can tell you one thing for sure I will no longer be using the 135mk I ordered 250 nosler 155s to try and get a new load.The wind was blowing the 135s all over hell at 400 and beyond,I had 50 shots and very few kills on the steel animals

tsiero
07-12-2008, 10:12 PM
They are are a great bunch of guys in El Paso at Ft Bliss. I didn't know that they had their bench rest silhouette match which I usually try to shoot. I come down from Santa Fe. Looking foward to metting you at one of the matches. If you come up to Santa Fe email me as I may be going to the Whittington Center in Raton.