PDA

View Full Version : Are you a angry conservative hippie?

Mr. D
06-29-2008, 02:43 AM
In my view, some conservatives that believe all politicians are corrupt, all people with new ideas are idiots, and all government is a mess are much like the 60's Hippies that believed in dropping out and concentrating on only their own private desires in communes! The hippies just wore flowers, did drugs and didn't get angry about it like today's cynical types! They just decided only they understood the world like some cynical, angry people today!

Since the 1780's our government has always been a mess and criticized, but in the last 50 years it actually has been less corrupt and working better than ever before! Anyone that thinks there were "The Good Ole Days" is just ignorant of real history and getting their ideas from romantic 50's Hollywood movies with happy little families and John Wayne who always did the right thing. The problems we have today pale as compared to some of the horrible things are country has lived through. Read a history book not sanitized for public schools and you'll see what I mean. Two bombs have been dropped on the U.S. One by the Japanese attached to a weather balloon that hurt no one, and another dropped by a couple of racists in a private airplane to burn out the entire Black section of an American city. What organization bought the most Thompson Sub Machine guns in the 30's? Ford Motor Company to shoot union members trying to break into plants during strikes. On the docks shipping companies shot and beat striking workers to death and union members razor blade cut the tendons of the ankles of scabs that took their jobs! My father was almost hung in a tree when he tried to stop the lynching of four black men while traveling through the South in the during the depression! One of them had offended a white woman and she didn't know which one so they hung them all! My father was told if he loved the "N" word, he could join them hanging from the tree. I remember in the East when Black women had to step off the side walk when any White passed by. A Black woman I taught with was taken in by a White Family because she was too poor to have shoes or even attend school in the deep South. They gave her nice clothes and helped go to a teachers college eventually, but she was never allowed with the White family at the table. It just wasn't done. She was fed in the kitchen by herself for the 15 years as they helped her as good Christians would. Few families saw all their children live to adulthood. My parents told me about old people that had no relatives that froze to death in the winter and were found solid as an ice cube. Before TV, kids just disappeared and a city 50 miles away never heard about it! Wife beating and drunk driving was just ignored by the police until somebody was killed. My father had a guy put a gun to his head and pull the trigger. Nothing happened, so he knocked the guy cold thinking it wasn't a very funny joke. He opened the revolver and it was loaded. Old ammunition and a bad primer! He threw up on the curb when he realized how close he had come to death! I had two adult men try to kill me before I was ten. One with a revolver at a carnival that hit me in the thumb and one chased me with a butcher knife that was from an insane asylum.

Don't ever think things were better in the old days! That's a myth! A dozen eggs might have been only a dime, but many didn't have the dime!

Mr. D
06-29-2008, 01:06 PM
Really, not one???? :D

Phil Deese
06-29-2008, 01:32 PM
There might be a conservative that use to be a hippie, but never a conservative hippie!!:D:D:D

Paul Fielder
06-29-2008, 03:58 PM
There might be a conservative that use to be a hippie, but never a conservative hippie!!:D:D:D

...than a liberal hippie!!

pf

Mr. D
06-29-2008, 05:09 PM
If a Hippie or a Conservative gets cynical and gives up on the system isn't the result the same?

I think what happened to 99% of the hippies is they decided dropping out was childish and they reentered society and got back into the fight to change it. I was an early 60's conservative who became a clean shaven, no flowers, National Guard Liberal during Vietnam! I still believe the same things today I did in the late sixties, but I've come to accept you have to do them through society and things will change very slowly.

Also, I have come to accept that what scares conservatives they call too liberal today, will be what is accepted as the conservative position way down the road in time. Our kids see race far less than we did, and are accepting that some people are just born gay. Any honest elementary teacher can tell you that! You can see it in preschool if you don't wear religious blinders. My wife and I knew it about one of her nephews in pre school. He's now doing well in a career the "Don't ask, don't tell" U.S. army.

I found that out raising chickens and pigeons as a boy that they were born with all the traits people have from homosexuality to murderous behavior without any sign of choosing it. You name a non accepted behavior and it is found naturally in animals who don't watch TV to learn it. I had a pigeon that hatched and raised a chicken as her own. She tried to mouth feed what should be a helpless squab as it ran around the yard. My collie raised a brood of cats when the mother died at birth. She carried them around just like they were her puppies. Two males and two females would pair off and make nests! Their eggs wouldn't hatch, but they were live long mates! I had one pigeon that would not make a nest and lay an egg unless I handed her each piece of tobacco stem broken to the right size! I guess I was her mate, but I swear I never touched her sexually! I was still a conservative at that time! :D

When I taught young teachers, I told them, "I can tell you what you're doing wrong, but rarely how to teach right! That's too individual and you'll have to find your own style." That's still an individual mystery! My master teacher was a very conservative high school history Dept. Chair. He shook his head at me and gave me the highest grade he'd ever given even though I was completely different in teaching style. He was an open minded conservative with great wisdom! I learned allot from him and he adapted some of my weird ideas to his teaching! I let kids use their notes on my tough History and Biology tests, but they were limited to a "C" maximum when they did. It removed the fear of failure and many who had been flunking would leave the notes under their desk for moral support and not even use them. Some would use the notes for a few tests and then go without when the got more confidence. Success is the best motivator.

Bill Wynne
06-29-2008, 05:31 PM
Your family had some bad experiences in the past. I don't know quite how to take the hippy bit but I am sure they didn't fix our system. They just lived off of it.

Sure times were hard on people in the past. It was the family unit that held together and brought us through those times. I can remember my grandmother saying that although we didn't have much, we were not poor. Another thing she said was that charity begins at home.

My uncle used to tell me that whatever I do in life, be the best at it. If I had to dig ditches I should be the best ditch digger and take pride in my work. A lot of my friends were hearing the same in their homes.

I grew up in the South if you can call Texas the South. My people taught me that the lowest class of whites hated the blacks and Mexicans the most because everyone needs to have someone lower on the social ladder than themselves.

My family being from the losing side of the Civil War voted solid democrat until Eisenhower. They felt the party left them after that. Things just change.

A lot of things have changed conditions in our country. Strong families come to mind, but the hippies added little and besides most of the original ones have died off or grown up.

Concho Bill

Mr. D
06-29-2008, 08:04 PM
Most hippies graduated from college and became yuppies! The % of real hippies was very low, but being different they got allot of TV coverage. What else is new!

ballistic64
06-29-2008, 08:26 PM
If,in your definition of corrupt,you wish to include politicians who blatantly vote against the people's wishes they represent,like our most Honorable Rep. Herseth:rolleyes:chose to do,then yes,you could consider most politicians corrupt.I realize the answer lies in voting them out of office,but it is corruption none the less.It takes place all the time,in every State and in each party.

Cheechako
06-29-2008, 09:19 PM
Hey guys, why all the doom, gloom, and cynicism?:rolleyes:

I am the 6th son of immigrants, a child of the Great Depression, walked both ways to a two-room schoolhouse, my dad worked 2 or 3 jobs to keep us fed, I thought going barefoot in the summer was fun (later learned it was to save the shoes for winter), wore clothes handed down 4 times. I felt sorry for some of my friends because I thought they were poor and I was almost 20 years old before I realized that WE WERE POOR.

But I was mostly happy thanks to the positive attitude of my parents. I grew up not knowing how to be cynical. I've passed what little I know on to my own 7 children and they've honored me and my bride with a LOT of grandkids (I've lost count) and 7 great grandchildren.

You should read gt40's thread below about Geroge Carlin. Especially "HOW TO STAY YOUNG"

JMHO

Ray

rhaney2
06-29-2008, 10:02 PM
In my view, some conservatives that believe all politicians are corrupt, all people with new ideas are idiots, and all government is a mess are much like the 60's Hippies that believed in dropping out and concentrating on only their own private desires in communes! The hippies just wore flowers, did drugs and didn't get angry about it like today's cynical types! They just decided only they understood the world like some cynical, angry people today!

Since the 1780's our government has always been a mess and criticized, but in the last 50 years it actually has been less corrupt and working better than ever before! Anyone that thinks there were "The Good Ole Days" is just ignorant of real history and getting their ideas from romantic 50's Hollywood movies with happy little families and John Wayne who always did the right thing. The problems we have today pale as compared to some of the horrible things are country has lived through. Read a history book not sanitized for public schools and you'll see what I mean. Two bombs have been dropped on the U.S. One by the Japanese attached to a weather balloon that hurt no one, and another dropped by a couple of racists in a private airplane to burn out the entire Black section of an American city. What organization bought the most Thompson Sub Machine guns in the 30's? Ford Motor Company to shoot union members trying to break into plants during strikes. On the docks shipping companies shot and beat striking workers to death and union members razor blade cut the tendons of the ankles of scabs that took their jobs! My father was almost hung in a tree when he tried to stop the lynching of four black men while traveling through the South in the during the depression! One of them had offended a white woman and she didn't know which one so they hung them all! My father was told if he loved the "N" word, he could join them hanging from the tree. I remember in the East when Black women had to step off the side walk when any White passed by. A Black woman I taught with was taken in by a White Family because she was too poor to have shoes or even attend school in the deep South. They gave her nice clothes and helped go to a teachers college eventually, but she was never allowed with the White family at the table. It just wasn't done. She was fed in the kitchen by herself for the 15 years as they helped her as good Christians would. Few families saw all their children live to adulthood. My parents told me about old people that had no relatives that froze to death in the winter and were found solid as an ice cube. Before TV, kids just disappeared and a city 50 miles away never heard about it! Wife beating and drunk driving was just ignored by the police until somebody was killed. My father had a guy put a gun to his head and pull the trigger. Nothing happened, so he knocked the guy cold thinking it wasn't a very funny joke. He opened the revolver and it was loaded. Old ammunition and a bad primer! He threw up on the curb when he realized how close he had come to death! I had two adult men try to kill me before I was ten. One with a revolver at a carnival that hit me in the thumb and one chased me with a butcher knife that was from an insane asylum.

Don't ever think things were better in the old days! That's a myth! A dozen eggs might have been only a dime, but many didn't have the dime!

There was never any good old day that i remember,it was a fight to just make a living,tobacco farming was hard work and some years we didn't make a dime.
Making moonshine was the only cash crop going most of the time and that very hard work,hot in the summer,cold in the winter,skeeters eating ya up at night and the moon shining never helped because we were hidden by trees.
I had people shoot at me,got hit in the arm by a 22 bullet,knifes pull on me,i was quick and could run good.
Nope,the good days are here now,i think sometimes we worry too much about politicans and yes,most of them really do it for money and it takes a rich person to be a politican now.
I am very thankfull for the fun i have in shooting sports and being able to afford it is the icing on the cake,wining is a small part of it but makes you feel real good.
But,i was never a hippie,never smoked pot or did drugs,now sipping moonshine and beer is a different story.

Mr. D
06-30-2008, 04:22 AM
Hey guys, why all the doom, gloom, and cynicism?:rolleyes:

I am the 6th son of immigrants, a child of the Great Depression, walked both ways to a two-room schoolhouse, my dad worked 2 or 3 jobs to keep us fed, I thought going barefoot in the summer was fun (later learned it was to save the shoes for winter), wore clothes handed down 4 times. I felt sorry for some of my friends because I thought they were poor and I was almost 20 years old before I realized that WE WERE POOR.

But I was mostly happy thanks to the positive attitude of my parents. I grew up not knowing how to be cynical. I've passed what little I know on to my own 7 children and they've honored me and my bride with a LOT of grandkids (I've lost count) and 7 great grandchildren.

You should read gt40's thread below about Geroge Carlin. Especially "HOW TO STAY YOUNG"

JMHO

Ray

You got my point buddy! Well said! With all the cr@p, in reality these are the good old days. We need to just keep trucking to make the country better!

Mr. D
06-30-2008, 04:32 AM
"now sipping moonshine and beer is a different story.

Your secret is safe with us! :D

"I tried pot once, but I didn't inhale!" I believe Clinton, because I don't smoke and I couldn't inhale it either! Choke, choke, gag! I was a senior citizen and a Conservative Republican friend wound up with two joints. Never having used pot as kids we were curious like a couple of dumb teenie boppers! I found out that if you don't smoke, pot isn't worth the effort! Choke, choke, gag! No, I didn't move on to harder drugs like in Reefer Madness! I don't even drink!

Of the sins, "Wine, Women, and Song" guess which one is my vice! For marriage reasons I meant to say "Woman"! :eek: :eek:

H."Snuffy"Smith
07-03-2008, 04:52 PM
I guess they are "yuppies" today, but they were the result of the Anti-culture of the 60s. Remember Bill and his shaggy beard as a Rhodes scholar...how soon we forget. HOW, OH HOW did he become president ?

Most hippies graduated from college and became yuppies! The % of real hippies was very low, but being different they got allot of TV coverage. What else is new!

rhaney2
07-03-2008, 05:24 PM
I guess they are "yuppies" today, but they were the result of the Anti-culture of the 60s. Remember Bill and his shaggy beard as a Rhodes scholar...how soon we forget. HOW, OH HOW did he become president ?

The same people that are supporting Obama,the American Idol show is what launched Obama.

Mr. D
07-03-2008, 05:27 PM
And the same people who supported the Vietnamese War are supporting the Iraq War! "Try war first, rather than learn any lessons!"

rhaney2
07-03-2008, 05:31 PM
And the same people who supported the Vietnamese War are supporting the Iraq War! "Try war first, rather than learn any lessons!"

The Iraq thing is about over,it was a stupid move to start with,Saddam was embargoed so much ,he couldn't do anything,his army was in shambles,we wasted a lot of everything,but i'm glad Saddam is gone.
now is the time to move on to afganstan and end that thing.
then we might have Iran and a nuke war.
so,we are in for a rough few years.

Mr. D
07-03-2008, 05:33 PM
The Iraq thing is about over,it was a stupid move to start with,Saddam was embargoed so much ,he couldn't do anything,his army was in shambles,we wasted a lot of everything,but i'm glad Saddam is gone.
now is the time to move on to afganstan and end that thing.
then we might have Iran and a nuke war.
so,we are in for a rough few years.

No wonder I'm depressed! :eek:

RStiefel
07-03-2008, 05:46 PM
but rhaney is correct. Look on the "bright" side. If a nuclear war erupts, we won't have any more worries!!!!! We'll all be toast.

Chuck Bogardus
07-03-2008, 06:42 PM
Well, gee... Glad to feel the love from y'all...

As an angry conservative hippie (and there are more than a few of us...), I'm thinking that some of you guys may want to take a step back. What hacks me off, more than anything else, is that a lot of "common sense" ideas have been politicized, and polarized, to the point where they no longer retain any common sense...

The "liberals" don't seem to give a damn about what's going on in Tibet. The "conservatives" seem to think that it's a "liberal" issue, so they're ignoring it. In the mean time, we've got the red army killing folks or making them "disappear."

And Joe Six Pack is just waiting for the olympics.

Mr. D
07-04-2008, 11:35 AM
The "liberals" don't seem to give a damn about what's going on in Tibet. The "conservatives" seem to think that it's a "liberal" issue, so they're ignoring it. In the mean time, we've got the red army killing folks or making them "disappear."

Sounds like our attitude about Saddam in Iraq until after 9/11 and the NeoCons saw an opening for a military foothold in the Middle East. If Saddam had not occupied Kuwait would we stopped his treatment of his own people?

Mr. D
07-04-2008, 11:36 AM

Sounds like our attitude about Saddam in Iraq until after 9/11 and the NeoCons saw an opening for a military foothold in the Middle East. If Saddam had not occupied Kuwait would we stopped his mistreatment of his own people?

hulk
07-13-2008, 01:11 PM
Wow, you have me pegged, angry, conservative hippie.

Did the long hair, army jacket and love beads give me away? Why is it that old guys seem to lump angry and hippies into one word? I love trees, does that make me a little liberal?

Mr. D
07-13-2008, 05:51 PM
Wow, you have me pegged, angry, conservative hippie.

Did the long hair, army jacket and love beads give me away? Why is it that old guys seem to lump angry and hippies into one word? I love trees, does that make me a little liberal?

Do you hug trees? :D

The thread is about angry conservatives that give up on the system and see everything as a liberal conspiracy like the hippies of the 60's blamed everything on the man. There's a few conservatives like that around here! The hippies I knew where not angry, but they gave up on the system like some conservatives of today who are against almost everything!

hulk
07-13-2008, 06:00 PM
No, I stop short of hugging trees.

The system is what it is. I have not given up on the system, just the people running it.

Liberals are the best scapegoats, like little yappy dogs.

rudedog
07-13-2008, 06:45 PM
Yea you got me figured out,and I still have long hair.
I've had long hair since the 60's except for when I got drafted,couldn't run,had to fight for my country.That's where I learned about precision shooting from the AMU, they gave us sniper training,boy could those guy's shoot,most of them could shoot better, position shooting ,then we could shoot off sandbags.
9th div.snipers kill for peace,that was our tag,the instructor's sure got a laugh out of that.
Living in liberlfornia,I know a few liberals and piss most of them off,like I do here on this forum.I seem to have a way with words.I usually tell them the only difference between them and me is that, I would have fought the British, and they would still be paying the British taxes.
Rudy Manuel:D:D:D:D

Paul Fielder
07-13-2008, 06:56 PM
Yea you got me figured out,and I still have long hair.
I've had long hair since the 60's except for when I got drafted,couldn't run,had to fight for my country.That's where I learned about precision shooting from the AMU, they gave us sniper training,boy could those guy's shoot,most of them could shoot better, position shooting ,then we could shoot off sandbags.
9th div.snipers kill for peace,that was our tag,the instructor's sure got a laugh out of that.
Living in liberlfornia,I know a few liberals and piss most of them off,like I do here on this forum.I seem to have a way with words.I usually tell them the only difference between them and me is that, I would have fought the British, and they would still be paying the British taxes.
Rudy Manuel:D:D:D:D

...I used to have long hair but old age and bad follicle genes took care of that. I save a ton on hair cuts and do it myself w/ the clippers:-) Still need the wife to trim up the back of my neck.

Stinks getting old....falls out where you want it & grows where you don't:-)

Thanks for your service!! Keep giving them hell!! I never could get the hang of off hand shooting w/ the long gun??

pf

H."Snuffy"Smith
07-13-2008, 07:05 PM
this thread a oxymoron. I was a conservative all during the 60s and NEVER a so called "hippie". The two words just don't fit, I'm afraid I really don't understand the meaning here. I've said this before, but I'll hit it again. My teen age son once asked me what I thought a liberal might be, without a lot of thought, this just came out. "A liberal is a person (elected) who thinks he knows what is best for me, better than I do" I still think that way today. I believe sincerely in the Constitution as it was written by a brilliant group of Americans. I think the Supreme court proved this recently with the 2nd amendment decision. Thanks to a group of conservative judges, (THANK YOU, George Bush !) We still have a viable and modern Constitution, that works.

BTW, my son now is the Chair of a Catholic high school History/Religion department and working on his PHD in Political science/AMERICAN History.
I'm sure his students get a full load of the way our American founders thought....don't you ? ;)

Phil Deese
07-13-2008, 07:26 PM
Tell him to keep-up the good work!!! The "NORMAL" people need all the help they can get!!;););) There's too many Mr. D's warping minds out there.

rudedog
07-13-2008, 10:20 PM
I know what you mean about hair,I don;t have a forehead anymore i have a five-sixhead.:D:D:D:D
Rudy Manuel

Thank God for benchrest I think!

rhaney2
07-13-2008, 10:57 PM
...I used to have long hair but old age and bad follicle genes took care of that. I save a ton on hair cuts and do it myself w/ the clippers:-) Still need the wife to trim up the back of my neck.

Stinks getting old....falls out where you want it & grows where you don't:-)

Thanks for your service!! Keep giving them hell!! I never could get the hang of off hand shooting w/ the long gun??

pf
Dang,Paul,you sound like me,but remember,God only made so many perfect heads,and the rst he just covered with Hair.

Chuck Bogardus
07-14-2008, 02:03 AM
But Snuffy - I thought I was your long-haired bearded buddy?

(well, the hair got cut...)

The Iraq thing is about over,it was a stupid move to start with

Actually, I think it was fairly smart. The stupidity was in not following up.

Hussein has pretty much the best army in the region. And we went through them faster than the pacific fleet went through Bangkok... We basically did Iraq as an example. And it worked for some folks, such as Quadaffy (I don't even try...), at least for a while. But now we're looking weak. We aren't, but we're still coming across that way.

Which means that the weakness should be exploited. And it will be.

D, somewhere there is a bright intelligent young man who wants to saw off your head with a dull rusty knife. Unless, of course, you're not one of us.

Mr. D
07-14-2008, 06:07 PM
Hussein has pretty much the best army in the region. And we went through them faster than the pacific fleet went through Bangkok...

Where did you get that piece of misinformation??? It is well know his Republican Guard had not been paid regularly and many soldiers actually begged in the streets for their families. The Iraqi Army was broken and demoralized and had no chance. That's why it folded up like a paper napkin against a superior U.S. force. The stupidity of the war is that we didn't catch Saddam and announce we would leave in 90 days to 6 months with modest support of the existing government of managers. Of course that conflicted with the NeoCon plan of 14 permanent bases in an occupied Iraq!

hulk
07-14-2008, 06:20 PM
When you old guys get a new word in your vocabulary, you certainly beat it to death. "Neocon", who are these people, almost like a pronoun "they", the way you use it. Where did 14 bases come from, I like 15 myself.

Paul Fielder
07-14-2008, 06:31 PM
...it is the only insult 'they' can come with.

'They' know calling us conservative is a compliment (unlike being called a 'typical liberal')

They have also tried to steel swiftboating as 'their' term when 'we' know it was a factual event.

go figure??

pf

Bill Wynne
07-14-2008, 06:32 PM
Hulk,

Are you a NeoCon? Am I a NeoCon? Is Mr. D a NeoCon? How about Yote?

Maybe we should start a NeoCon Club.:)

Yesterday I did not know the word, now I maybe one.

Concho Bill

hulk
07-14-2008, 06:49 PM
As a follow up, to quote; Hussein has pretty much the best army in the region.

You called that misinformation.

The word "best" used here is obviously a relative term. Yes, the US forces were superior and the Iraqi army was overmatched. Are you suggesting that we send the Boy Scouts next time?

Yote
07-14-2008, 07:28 PM
Hulk,

Are you a NeoCon? Am I a NeoCon? Is Mr. D a NeoCon? How about Yote?

Maybe we should start a NeoCon Club.:)

Yesterday I did not know the word, now I maybe one.

Concho Bill

Bill, my dues check is in the mail!:D

Bill Wynne
07-14-2008, 07:39 PM
Bill, my dues check is in the mail!:D

But wait! We will need to appoint officers. Yote for president.:)

Now how about bylaws and rules and such. :)

How about this for a rule: 1. No liberals allowed in our meeting house.

Now then, who is bringing the beer and munchies.

Concho Bill

Paul Fielder
07-14-2008, 08:11 PM
How about this for a rule: 1. No liberals allowed in our meeting house.

Now then, who is bringing the beer and munchies.

Concho Bill

...sign me up. I see no need for any other rules.

Now all we need is a name for our neocon club...hmmm???? Bush buddies and The War Mongers comes to mind:-)

pf

Yote
07-14-2008, 08:22 PM
New
Elite
Order of
Conservatives for
Our
Nation

How's that??:D

H."Snuffy"Smith
07-14-2008, 08:34 PM
As I stated earlier, I've been a conservative as far as I know, all my life. Who among us can be called a "new conservative" ? Am I reading something new here ? I am not a native Georgian, however the esteemed and well regarded Senator from Georgia, one Richard Russell once stated the his party (democratic) had left him, he had not left his party. This was when he was voting with the conservative republicans in the Senate.The South has always been conservative in their beliefs. When the democrats were a more conservatively based party, the South always voted in that manner. As our retired distinguised senator, Zell Miller wrote in his most revealing book "A National party no more" (Of course, he was speaking of his democratic party). He was and I suppose still is a "democrat", but of a deep conservative mind set.

NEOCON, another oxymoron, "Mr D" ?

Bill Wynne
07-14-2008, 10:09 PM
New
Elite
Order of
Conservatives for
Our
Nation

How's that??:D

That would fit on a gime cap.

What do we need with rules and dues?:)

Concho Bill

Yote
07-14-2008, 10:17 PM
That would fit on a gime cap.

What do we need with rules and dues?:)

Concho Bill

Well, we probly need someone who is level headed and respected(read Concho Bill here) to come up with a few simple but effective rules and regs for us to base our platform on.

Dues? Well, we are going thru a recession right now...........;)

Rusty Carr
07-15-2008, 08:47 AM
I was sitting here, feeling unloved and unwanted, and I saw this group forming, and I hope you will let me in. I promise to be a good neocon, and to renounce my liberal ways. Just please, please, let me in. I will send my dues check right away. Thanks, Rusty Carr(the neocon)

Mr. D
07-15-2008, 09:30 AM
You guys have a surprise coming!

NeoCons are far more liberal than I ever could be! Look what Bush and Cheney have done in terms of their view of the Constitution, presidential powers, signing statements, the budget, increasing government size, Homeland Security, Patriot Act, the Bill of Rights, permanent bases in Iraq, presidential edicts such as restrictions on the press in war zones and in this country! Remember when the press could report on a war freely?? They make Clinton look like a conservative! They are conservative the way Hitler was conservative, but maybe that's all right with you! :eek: :eek:

Paul Fielder
07-15-2008, 09:46 AM

NeoCons are far more liberal than I ever could be! Look what Bush and Cheney have done in terms of their view of the Constitution, presidential powers, signing statements, the budget, increasing government size, Homeland Security, Patriot Act, the Bill of Rights, permanent bases in Iraq, presidential edicts such as restrictions on the press in war zones and in this country! Remember when the press could report on a war freely?? They make Clinton look like a conservative! They are conservative the way Hitler was conservative, but maybe that's all right with you! :eek: :eek:

...shouldn't the term be NEOLIBS??

pf

Mr. D
07-15-2008, 09:51 AM
It would make more sense wouldn't it!! Do you think any intelligent conservative would call the actions of Bush, Cheney, Rumsfelt, etc. conservative policy? They have radically liberal policies mixed with militarism! Only their overly patriotic B.S. sounds conservative, their policies do not!

Paul Fielder
07-15-2008, 10:01 AM
...you now are calling republicans uberlibs to find an insult. Keep on grasping there D...maybe you will leave an air welt if you keep it up long enough.

pf

Phil Deese
07-15-2008, 10:37 AM
If Bush and Cheney had done all of those things why hasn't your "Do Nothing" congress done anything about it??? All propaganda by the left!! I only remember one president that was impeached and he was a dummycrat!!:D:D:D Quit making false allegations and show us some proof.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

chino69
07-15-2008, 11:13 AM
I'm an angry American; no need to put labels on it.

I'm angry this nation is dependent on oil as an energy source when we had a wake up call in the 1970's.

I'm angry our political leadership is more interested in their party than the good of the nation.

I'm angry we have over 11 million illegals in this country taxing our infastructure at taxpayer expense.

I'm angry we have a revolving door criminal justice system.

I'm angry we don't have morning prayer or The Pledge of Allegiance in our schools.

I'm angry we were caught blindsided on 9/11 due to intelligence errors and not taking the terrorist threat seriously.

I'm angry that some still don't take the terrorist threat seriously.

I'm angry that O.J. Simpson is walking around a free man for murders he committed.

I'm angry the black leadership in this country panders to the victimization role as opposed to the personal accountability role.

I'm angry the liberal news media does not accurately reflect mainstream thinking or politics.

I'm angry some of our wounded soldiers have received sub standard care due to budget cuts.

I'm angry that I have to perform to a certain level to remain gainfully employed while our elected officials can be incompetent, corrupt, and abandon their constituents while still holding their jobs.

I'm angry that certain states like Vermont refuse to put child predators away for life.

I am an angry American; period.

Chino69

Paul Fielder
07-15-2008, 11:21 AM
I found some rules to live by you can hang in the club house:

None of that Sissy Crap

Are you tired of those sissy "friendship" poems that always sound good,
but never actually come close to reality? Well, here is a series of
promises that actually speak of true friendship. You will see no cutesy
little smiley faces on this card - Just the stone cold truth of our great
friendship.

1. When you are sad -- I will help you get drunk and plot revenge
against the sorry bastard who made you sad.

2. When you are blue -- I will try to dislodge whatever is choking
you.

3. When you smile -- I will know you are plotting something that I
must be involved in.

4. When you are scared -- I will rag on you about it every
chance I get.

5. When you are worried -- I will tell you horrible stories
about how much worse it could be until you quit whining.

6. When you are confused -- I will use little words.

7. When you are sick -- Stay the hell away from me until you
are well again. I don't want whatever you have.

8. When you fall -- I will point and laugh at your clumsy
ass.

9. This is my oath .... I pledge it to the end "Why" you may ask?
"Because you are my friend".

Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you
can feel it's true warmth.

Remember: A friend will help you move. A really good friend will help
you move a body. Let me know if I ever need to bring a shovel...

pf

Phil Deese
07-15-2008, 11:28 AM
If it's a terriorist, a child molester or a criminal......I'll bring the shovel!!!;););) Great post Chino69, but I think your going to hurt these lib's feelings.....I can here it already...mean spirited!!

Yote
07-15-2008, 02:08 PM

Now D, I know you're hurt because you can't play. I know, I know, but this is just the way it is. No need to call us libs now, just to try to hurt our feelings. Look at the bright side, maybe in the future we'll have a "Liberal Day" and we'll let you in for that day. You can drive your big diesel to the club house and we'll sit around and chew tobacco and slap each other on the shoulder when we tell jokes. You will truly feel like the man that I know is in there somewhere. Of course, when the sun goes down, you will have to leave. Now if you were to renounce your liberal status, then we maybe could put you on as a trial member. I'll have to talk to Bill and see if there's room in the rules for that. Of course Phil and Paul and Rusty would have to agree. It would have to be a unanimous vote but there is that slim possibility that we could swing this. Just go to www.imaneocon.com and fill out the online questionaire. Don't call us, we'll call you.

Bill Wynne
07-15-2008, 05:50 PM
Yote there may be a special status that we could work out for Mr. D. When you think about it, D is the guy who told us what we are and it would get pretty dull around the club house if we didn't have him to keep us on our toes. Now you and me and Paul, Phil and Rusty think alike (you know , lockstep). We could watch D and we would learn what liberals think and what we could say to get their goat. Besides, I kind of like the guy. He ain't so bad.:)

What do you guys think? And D, do you think that you live with something like that?

Concho Bill

Phil Deese
07-15-2008, 06:13 PM
I agree........I think if we continue to educate him, vicvanb, and the rest of those guys from the "Other Side" they'll start thinking like us, and we can move on to bigger and better things....like cutting the grass, or taking out the garbage.......maybe even shooting an Armadillo or two, and pretending its got a diaper around its head!!!;););)

Rusty Carr
07-15-2008, 06:21 PM
Hey guys, I guess I'm up for a challenge. Maybe we could make it on a trial basis. I have to admit I kind of like the guy too. Maybe there's hope. Put me down for a yes, Rusty

Yote
07-15-2008, 06:37 PM
Well I guess it's official then!:D

Now are we gonna make him a charter member or a scapegoat!!:eek::D

Peter
07-15-2008, 07:09 PM
I'm an angry American; no need to put labels on it.

I'm angry this nation is dependent on oil as an energy source when we had a wake up call in the 1970's.

I'm angry our political leadership is more interested in their party than the good of the nation.

I'm angry we have over 11 million illegals in this country taxing our infastructure at taxpayer expense.

I'm angry we have a revolving door criminal justice system.

I'm angry we don't have morning prayer or The Pledge of Allegiance in our schools.

I'm angry we were caught blindsided on 9/11 due to intelligence errors and not taking the terrorist threat seriously.

I'm angry that some still don't take the terrorist threat seriously.

I'm angry that O.J. Simpson is walking around a free man for murders he committed.

I'm angry the black leadership in this country panders to the victimization role as opposed to the personal accountability role.

I'm angry the liberal news media does not accurately reflect mainstream thinking or politics.

I'm angry some of our wounded soldiers have received sub standard care due to budget cuts.

I'm angry that I have to perform to a certain level to remain gainfully employed while our elected officials can be incompetent, corrupt, and abandon their constituents while still holding their jobs.

I'm angry that certain states like Vermont refuse to put child predators away for life.

I am an angry American; period.

Chino69

Incredibly well said Chino!! NOBAMA '08

Mr. D
07-15-2008, 07:45 PM
Can you feel the love? :D

Old Timer
07-15-2008, 08:00 PM
The fact of the matter is not one person in the general public knows all of the reasons that we went to war for. Only the president and a select few
in his circle know the real scoop.

I will not second guess the president because I just do not know what he does.

I voted for the man because of two simple things

Partial Birth Abortion
and gun control and he came through on his word both times.
Dam fine man he is. Vote for him again, yes I would

Yote
07-15-2008, 08:00 PM
Can you feel the love? :D

:D:D:D:D:D

D, your alright.....I don't care what Phil says about ya.:eek:

Phil Deese
07-15-2008, 08:01 PM
I hate to say it, but I don't think "D" cares either!!:o:o:o

Mr. D
07-15-2008, 08:04 PM
I hate to say it, but I don't think "D" cares either!!:o:o:o

You don't know how many nights I've cried myself to sleep because of your silly remarks! :D :D :D

Old Timer
07-15-2008, 08:04 PM
The only thing I do not understand is

We went overthere and freed those people from that horses rear, why cant we get a discount on some darn oil???

Phil Deese
07-15-2008, 08:09 PM
SEE..................I'm already having an impact on you!! Two months from now you'll be driving the diesel fuel guzzler with "Drill Here, Drill Now" and John McCain stickers all over it!! You'll be the envy of the whole "Left Coast"!!:D:D:D

Yote
07-15-2008, 08:16 PM
I suddenly feel the need to pull my pants legs up......cause it's starting to get deep in here!:eek: