PDA

View Full Version : World Rimfire Benchrest Championships 2008

carlb
06-13-2008, 03:03 PM
All sponsors involved in contributing to the world championships have been updated on the ERABSF website. There are a few now, with a good quantity of ammunition available for people to 'sample' when they get there.
http://www.erabsf.org/

Peter Armstrong
06-13-2008, 05:02 PM
Carl,

Are these free samples or are we paying for the privilege?

Will there be any of the good stuff (RWS) there??

Peter.

carlb
06-14-2008, 10:53 AM
The ammunition will be free as far as I know, as it was last year at the Europeans. I am not sure how much will be available for each person, as it depends on how many people are at the championship.

Sorry forgot to say; I believe ammunition will be Eley Tenex or Match, with some Lapua Xact and Midas to have a look at.

Peter Armstrong
06-14-2008, 04:44 PM
Carl,

So the number of countries and shooters going to Italy is still a state secret?

Peter

carlb
06-14-2008, 06:02 PM
Its not a secret, I just don't know apart from those countries that I have been working with. Hopefully a list will be out soon. I do know they have extended the number of benches for 50m from 35 to 50!!!

Peter Armstrong
06-30-2008, 04:21 PM
Carl

Its good to know who and how many are going is not a state secret,
but I do predicted all will be revealed by the end of the month.

Only 29 days to go and counting down.

Peter

Bill Collaros
07-01-2008, 06:32 AM
28 Days to go & I cant wait. Training is on track, gear & equipment are sorted, papers are in & ready, the mind is right.

If it is a secret who is going to compete, well so be it. As British Team Member ANDY D said in his post a few months ago, whoever holds their nerve & adapts best to the conditions will be a World Champion.

So whoever from wherever, let's get on with it for the spectacular that will be the FIRST World Rimfire & Air Rifle Championships.

Bill Collaros
Australian Team Captain

cadillacjack
07-01-2008, 12:22 PM
I know we haven't even had this years yet, but it takes alot of planning to attend. Are world championships an annual event? If So does anyone know where they will be next year? Thanks Fred
P.S. Good luck to this years shooters and hope you all have a Great Time. Good Shooting!!!

carlb
07-01-2008, 02:07 PM
I hope that it is not going to be an annual event!!! I think I speak for many when I say the mounting costs of this one is killing a few of us. However, it shouldand will continue. This is up to all of the rimfire shooters out there in all nations. Where is the next one? Again this is up to everyone to negotiate, but I hope to see it is 4 years time, like we have negotiated for the European Rimfire BR Championship. With costs going up all the time to travel I think this will give enough time for people to save and prepare. Like all good international championships, like the Fifa World and European Football Championships, 4 years seems an ideal pitch (no pun intended). Just my personal view.

My best wishes go to all that are attending, so see you there.

Peter Armstrong
07-01-2008, 04:55 PM
Cadillacjack

It does take time to plan to go to and run these things. In there wisdom instead of nailing down where and when the next one will be while all the countries are together in Italy, they are not going to talk about for another 2 years.

Two years is not a lot of time for a country to get everything together and run a World Champs and at this stage no one has indicated they might be interested in running the 2nd World Champs on those terms.

Peter

DonMatzeder
07-01-2008, 05:18 PM
If it will be 4 yrs, we will hold a "US Cup" in 2010 where the three US associations will each nominate a shooter to compete against the three highest ranked "rest of the world" shooters that can come. First match to be held in the US and all subsequent matches will be held in the winning teams choice of location. Target will be the "world" target except all rings will be reduced by one point with no X. The range selected must be as equal as possible from bench to bench and accomodate the style of shooting of all participants. What do you think??

carlb
07-01-2008, 05:22 PM
Maybe it is for a country like the US or Australia, or South Africa or another to come forward and say we will do it so they can get the support of the shooters in Milan????? It is hard to indicate where it might be if there is no one out there to put themselves forward. But please every four years otherwise European countries will find it hard to attend both the Euro and World Champs.

DonMatzeder
07-01-2008, 05:27 PM
There are many matches in the US that are larger than what the Worlds will be. It could be easily accommodated here. Because we don't have a unified National association, I'm imiagine no one wants to step on anyone elses toes by stepping up.

carlb
07-01-2008, 05:54 PM
Personally I would go for it, whichever association or a combination of all three. If we had one or two nominations at least all the country representatives would have something to discuss in Milan!!

Peter Armstrong
07-01-2008, 06:07 PM
Carl,
Iíve said before Australia could hold the 2nd WC but not on those terms.
If you guys want to talk weíll talk.

While Europe has a championships in 2 years that doesnít suit the rest of the world. Something in the US would suit us. But I think 2010 is going to get complicated by what the WBSF are planning on doing. Iíve got enough already talking about going to the US in 2010 for a couple of 3 man teams.

Peter

carlb
07-02-2008, 11:12 AM
Hi Peter - sorry the 'terms' - is the 4 year idea or something else??

As a lot of major international sporting events take place every 4 years I wonder what the issue would be?

As a major championship will cost a shooter thousands of whatever currency we are dealing in these days, getting ready is not just the organisation but about having the captital to do it. Lets face it, not all countries have high wages and/ or cheap prices. It would be interesting to see what direction the US organisations want to go in for the next event? Is anyone watching?

I guess Italy and the USA have the longest history in this sport and have a few things to say. Lets see what happens when we get to Milan, but it would be good to go with a few ideas.

andyd1179
07-02-2008, 01:18 PM
Hya Guys,

glad to seeeveryone getting ready...

with holding a WBC there are other things that host countries need to consider like Accomadation, facilities, transport and versatility. Milan if you like is the benchmark for hosts to look to match or beet. just having a couple of benches like here in the UK is not going to cut it for a huge amount of shooters to attend for 9 days or so. It has to be of a standard that would be recognised by other sports and maybe olympic bodies. It would be good to get corporations to look to invest in such an event so that it would make the job of finding quality sponsors to get involved at a team level easier. if the WBC is to grow then has to look to this kind of approach in my view, maybe i am on my own on this one but if you look how huge investors get on the shoulders of other sports then we need to have some kind of body like a committee set up to promote the WBC and maybe the sport in general if it is to have any effect. having one person like Carlo do all the work has its ups and downs and if things dont go the way some people feel it should gets pointed at that one person. having a committee will allow all countries to get involved and the stress on one person would be removed.
Carlo has done a fantastic job on putting this together and i for one is very gratefull for all his work. I you think about it, this conversation would not be happening if it was not for him. So a chance to say thank you to him for putting this together, cheers mate!!!:)

Peter Armstrong
07-02-2008, 04:17 PM
Carl,

Iím just going off what is in your rule book.
As Andy points out there is a lot of work in getting something like this organized and only giving countries 2 years is not enough time. Also it will only work if you get plenty of local support and restricting the numbers from each country to 16 wonít go down well in countries like Australia and the US. The WBSF do have a limit on centerfire WCís but not on rimfire.

Some of the rules are more about what some want and less about what will work. The baggage allowance from Europe to Australia is 20kg and the excess baggage rate is now near US$80 a kg. Doing it the way the rules are now, how many could afford to bring 2 or 3 guns for the trip down here? That is why Iíve said all along the sporter rule should be 8 Ĺ lbs 2 ľ stock and a 6.5 scope and no restrictions on tuners and stock material, that way people can build one good gun, change the scope add a little weight and use the same gun in all 3 classes.

Andy,

A committee to help with event sponsorship would be a good thing.

Peter

andyd1179
07-02-2008, 05:16 PM
I have never understood why other disciplines have an effect on what we do as Rimefire, maybe someone can explain.

Haveing a main WBC committee would be a good thing with sub committee's from each country to represent and work with, the rule book as Peter puts it could be written by the committee and sub committee. it doesnt have to effect the different associations that we are with, but has a central body just for this one event since it brings all the associations together at this event. It also means that one association is NOT controlling which could lead to other issues. If this event is to continue then the associations have to work together and how better to have a central body for this event which could have members to represent the associations.
I am glad that some people are seeing that it's not something you can put together over a beer that it will take people like Carlo to put something like this together.
We do need to find companies to see that this as a good investment either in the shooting industry or outside of it.
I do the Public Relations for BR22 and will be taking lots of photo's vidoe of this event and I am sure that Carl will be doing the same as he writes for a national magazine here in the UK. From this event we need to put together a great review so to build on the future. I have said in the pass that there will be those that see the event in a different light or will have complaints on the way things have been done, but this is a benchrest to work from and take in information for the future events. i would hope that people will think about that if they are going to use forums like this to ditch this event. We can learn and with constructive help of competitors we can build for the future.
It's easy to moan but to get involved is a different story, there will be those that just want to turn up and shoot and expect everything to be just right, but it takes the people behind the scenes to put somthing like this together.

Andy

carlb
07-02-2008, 05:20 PM
Any future world championship rules must be decided on by those running it, be it from one or a number of nations or a team of us working it out. That is why you, Doug and I developed the world postal to get this process moving. It does not have to be based on the ERABSF or even UKBR22 rules. As they are all pretty similar from one region to another I have always found it hard to believe we do not have a consensus on the rules - maybe in the future?
I like the 4 years as this provides time for organisation and to get sponsorship and save for the event - I think we agree on this.
In terms of number restrictions there would have to be a limit of some sort so countries are not disadvantaged. Whatever that figure is, who knows. An arbitrary number like 16 or 20??????? The WBSF, re their 2007 rules for rimfre BR, do indeed have restrictions. Maximum 6 competitors per event!!!
I agree that the sporter rules are the contentious issue and your proposal seems fair. If anything this is starting the discussion about working together - keep it going. Carl

Peter Armstrong
07-02-2008, 05:57 PM
Carl,

Iíll write up a proposal for 2012 in Australia and you guys can decided in Italy, I wonít be at the meeting.

I think WBSF charge US$250 per team member at the centerfire WC and when I pointed out that letting extra shooters in would help subsidize the entry fee for the teams the limit was dropped on a later draft of the WBSF rulebook. The idea was no country would be disadvantaged and all overseas shooters would get benches first. But if there was extra space why not use it? We could run up to 300 shooters at Sydney so I donít think having enough space for all the overseas shooters would be a problem.

Peter

DonMatzeder
07-02-2008, 06:10 PM
Well, it it's a bidding war, I'll bet it can be run in the US for about $25US per shooter and the promoter could make money. We usually shoot for $5 per card. Now if you are planning on paying back about 60% of that to the winners, you'll get lots of shooters.

Peter Armstrong
07-02-2008, 06:29 PM
Don,

If you want to make it a bidding war, fine.

But first the USA would need to put in a bid. If you miss the 2nd WC the 3rd one is 8 years away.

Peter

DonMatzeder
07-02-2008, 06:31 PM
I probably won't live that long so I'll just promote the US cup in 2010.

Fred J
07-02-2008, 08:03 PM
One International event in a life time is enough for me. That was Australia 2000 BR30 Nationals. Still paying for it.

Peter Armstrong
07-02-2008, 09:49 PM
Carl,

Iíll put an interesting option in my 2012 proposal, electronic targets. Some people think this game should be in the Olympics and the only way to prove it to IOC types is to run big matches like a WC on the same equipment as they use at the Olympics.

Electronic targets are a single aiming point, the 10 ring is 10mm but if you use the 60 shot prone program, once you leave the sighters, you canít go back to them. It can get interesting if the wind changes half way through your 60 shoots. When you shoot your score goes up on an overhead display, much the same as a 10 pin bowling ally. No paper targets and no waiting for results.

Sydney and Milan are the only ranges I know that have electronic targets and rimfire BR is shot on too.

Peter

Dave S
07-03-2008, 06:41 AM
This may be a stupid question, but when exactly does this World Championship take place, like the dates..??

Thanks

Dave

Markus Feldmann
07-03-2008, 07:46 AM
This may be a stupid question, but when exactly does this World Championship take place, like the dates..??
Hello Dave,
follow the Dates:

1st World Rimfire and Air Rifle Benchrest Championship
Held from July 27 th to the 3 rd August 2008 in Milan (Italy)

Under the follow link you can download the schedule of events:

http://www.erabsf.org/world%20news/wbc%20program.doc

Markus :)

www.br50.com (http://www.br50.com) or www.benchrestschiessen.de (http://www.benchrestschiessen.de)

andyd1179
07-03-2008, 11:49 AM

Thanks

Dave

Can't beleive you haven't herd about it Dave Milan, Italy 27th July -3 August

Andy

carlb
07-03-2008, 12:59 PM
I have just been looking at the German BR22 website. There are some very good scores coming out of their matches. I think this world championships is going to be very open!!!!
Looks good Markus and look forward to seeing you again this year. Which hotel are you staying in?? Carl

Markus Feldmann
07-03-2008, 01:38 PM
I have just been looking at the German BR22 website. There are some very good scores coming out of their matches. I think this world championships is going to be very open!!!!
Looks good Markus and look forward to seeing you again this year. Which hotel are you staying in?? Carl
Hello Carl,
last year i was with my family in the Best Western Hotel (an you with your sun, or ?)
This year I camping on the range between the wind flags (I must learn reading the wind :D)
Excuse me for my bad English, but i hope you understand me ;-)

Cheers :)
Markus

www.br50.com (http://www.br50.com) or www.benchrestschiessen.de (http://www.benchrestschiessen.de)

carlb
07-03-2008, 02:20 PM
Yes last year I took my son, but this year I am on my own. However the UK team is mostly coming over together.
Reading the wind last year was a pig. We will see what the season brings us this year. See you soon. Carl
NB We are at the Accadamia this year - 10 minutes from TSN Milano.

Brian_K
07-03-2008, 02:57 PM
Bit quick to put Marcus STRAIGHT on that one Carl - :D

carlb
07-03-2008, 04:17 PM
implying what Brian? Carl

andyd1179
07-03-2008, 04:33 PM
I have just got my doctor to sign me off to fly. She has also sorted me out some sleeping tablets. I didnt say what I wanted them for! Which Hotel is Peter and that staying at????????????

Only joking Peter:D

Andy

Brian_K
07-03-2008, 04:42 PM
implying what Brian? Carl

Not me Carl, live and let live I say.

In all seriousness, I do like that idea of Peters about the rule changes to the International Sporter class, not only make travelling easier/cheaper/lighter but would allow newcomers to compete in other classes without the expense of buying another rifle.

Just my 2 pennies worth

Brian

Peter Armstrong
07-06-2008, 05:07 PM
Guys,

Iím looking forward to getting to getting to Italy and shooting in warm whether. Its winter here I get up early to go to the range most morning and its only 3-5C not my idea of fun.

Had a talk yesterday with the world number 1 ranked prone shooter about shooting at Milan (he was just over there) interesting insight.

Peter

Peter Armstrong
07-07-2008, 05:27 AM
22 days to go.
Anyone seen a bench draw??????????????
Anyone

carlb
07-07-2008, 12:17 PM
I keep asking for one Peter as this effects the windflag setup. I will keep trying. Carl

Peter Armstrong
07-07-2008, 03:24 PM
Carl,

This has dragged on a bit and people are starting to think there is a problem.

Peter

carlb
07-07-2008, 04:10 PM
Email Carlo for a copy. I have asked! Carl

LRCampos
07-07-2008, 06:21 PM
Carl,

Sydney and Milan are the only ranges I know that have electronic targets and rimfire BR is shot on too.

Peter

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil has eletronic targets for rimfire (and air) too. They were used for 2008 World Championship ISSF matches.

Peter Armstrong
07-07-2008, 06:23 PM
Carl,

I havenít asked Carlo of late for the bench draw but I have asked plenty of times when it would be available and if weíd of been given a rough date none of us would keep asking.

We both know there is a lot of equipment sharing going on in Italy and people around the world are concerned they are in the right relay so they can share.

Peter

Peter Armstrong
07-07-2008, 06:25 PM
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil has eletronic targets for rimfire (and air) too. They were used for 2008 World Championship ISSF matches.

Do they shoot rimfire BR in Brazil??

LRCampos
07-07-2008, 06:42 PM
Do they shoot rimfire BR in Brazil??

Yes we do. We are just at the begining of this right now... we have a long way on importing all the rifles, rests, scopes etc to be competitive with US, Australia or European countries, but we hope we will get there...

PS - There are rimfire BR in Argentina too.

Peter Armstrong
07-07-2008, 07:42 PM
LR

You guys should look at getting into next years world postal.
Youíve got to start somewhere.

Peter

Graeme Smith
07-08-2008, 07:04 PM
Peter, curious to know what WBSF are planning in 2010. Thought I might know

Graeme Smith

Peter Armstrong
07-08-2008, 11:50 PM
Graeme,

A lot of rumors going around over here, from within the SSAA.
I take it your out of the loop too.

Peter

Natali
07-09-2008, 05:41 AM
Hi everyone

I am part of the South African team that is coming to Milan and is so excited.

I was just wondering if there is something like a squadding list so that we can see how much flags and rests we have to bring with.

Does anyone know what the hight will be of the flags from Min to Max needed. Trying to pack and travel Light so no space for extra stuff.

Thank you,

Markus Feldmann
07-09-2008, 07:28 AM
Hi everyone
I am part of the South African team that is coming to Milan and is so excited.
I was just wondering if there is something like a squadding list so that we can see how much flags and rests we have to bring with.
Does anyone know what the hight will be of the flags from Min to Max needed. Trying to pack and travel Light so no space for extra stuff.
Thank you,

Hello Natali,

I don't have a squadding list but in the follow thread are pictures of the range

http://www.benchrest.com/forums/showthread.php?p=410086#post410086 (http://www.benchrest.com/forums/showthread.php?p=410086#post410086)

Between the Bench and Target are 3 earth hills. But i don't know the hight from the hills and targets.
I am happy to meet you :)

Markus

www.br50.com (http://www.br50.com) or www.benchrestschiessen.de (http://www.benchrestschiessen.de/)

Graeme Smith
07-09-2008, 03:40 PM
Rumours are irrelevant - WBSF has taken no decisions regarding Rimfire other than discussion in Austria to investigate the potential. Will not be discussed again until our meeting in South Africa next year. What ever you hear has no validity - but probably some wishful thinking. If WBSF is to become involved for the long term that will be a decision of the shooters. I am hopeful that the Rimfire shooters in Milan will have a useful discussion on where the sport goes to benefit the sport worldwide.

I suggest when you get to Milan that you have a discussion with Carl. He is fully aware of my views.

I would be more than happy to propose to our members the inclusion of Rimfire on our programme (as equal members) but only if that is what the Rimfire Shooters want.

Graeme Smith

Hope you have a great event and of course some personal success.

Fred J
07-09-2008, 04:17 PM
Are Independent competitors welcome? Seem's to me, it's now cut and dried as to who the US will be represented by.

Peter Armstrong
07-09-2008, 04:23 PM
Natali

Iíve been asking the same questions for the same reasons for months now.

This is not user friendly, youíll find you will need more flags than you think. Only range staff can set your flags up before the match starts. So all your flags will need to be in place on the 50m range before we shoot 25m. So youíll enough flags for both the 25 and 50m ranges. We got together with Team USA and we are using their flags at 25m and ours at 50m

Flag height?? The range has 3 email addresses and Iíve sent emails to all of them asking about what height poles we should bring and never got an answer. We decided weíd put most of our in the sides of the earth banks and height wouldnít be an issue. Also they donít want you using tripods on this range. Talk to Carlo!!

Itís that close now, I donít think weíll get a bench draw until we get to Milan.

See you there
Peter

Peter Armstrong
07-09-2008, 04:24 PM
Graeme,

It seems that in an attempt to promote IRB here rimfire shooters here are being told a few fairy tales.

I have something in mind and Iíll talk to the other countries about and if they agree there will be something for you to take to your meeting next year.

Peter

Brian_K
07-09-2008, 04:26 PM
Are Independent competitors welcome? Seem's to me, it's now cut and dried as to who the US will be represented by.

Far as I'm aware Fred, you can shoot as an individual. I almost had to do that last year, not deciding to go until the last minute. Check with Carlo first to be sure.

Peter Armstrong
07-09-2008, 04:27 PM
Fred,

This is open to everyone and nobody is stopping you going.
DJ is the USA team captain.

Peter

Fred J
07-09-2008, 05:02 PM
Why is DJ the team captain? Doesn't sound independent if you are restricted to an individual that is Captain of another team.

Peter Armstrong
07-09-2008, 05:28 PM
Fred,

It easy to came in at the last minute and bitch. In Australia we ran qualifying matches in 2006 & 07 and the rimfire groups USA sat on its hands. I think a better question is why didnít any of the rimfire groups in the USA want to be involved with the World Championships.

DJ wanted to go to Italy, he found some others to go with him and put together some sponsorship. Iíd say without DJ there would be no Team USA.

As I said, it easy to came in at the last minute and bitch.

Peter

Fred J
07-09-2008, 06:08 PM
Just asking questions. There were no qualifing events held in the US that we no of.

Peter Armstrong
07-09-2008, 09:15 PM
Fred,

You know yourself we have been talking about these world championships on the forum for years and as I said, none of the rimfire groups on your side showed any interest, so who would run any qualifying matches?

Other countries were keen to go, so got on with getting organized and are going in numbers, we have 10 going from Australia.

But itís just not these world champs, the 2nd one is up for grabs and again there seems zero interest from rimfire groups within the USA.

Peter.

Fred J
07-09-2008, 09:30 PM
I did notice some talk of it going around, but it appears that they were just looking for volunteers to go. I also noticed that in 2000 when BR30 in Austraila extended some invitations to their Nationals. I was the only taker. Many of the top RF shooters from Austraila didn't even show up. Those that did, had a great time. I'll pass on any more International travel with my equipment from here on out. Good shooting to whom ever goes and represents the US.

Peter Armstrong
07-10-2008, 01:39 AM
Fred,

Iím sure there are plenty of others over there like you, who would like to shoot in a World Champs but donít want to go overseas to do it. Makes it seem even stranger why there is no interest from rimfire BR groups on your side.

Peter

andyd1179
07-10-2008, 04:44 PM
Hya Mate,
which hotel are you staying at? is it the Accademia? who else is staying at this hotel apart from the Bristish Team.

AndyD

Peter Armstrong
07-10-2008, 05:00 PM
Andy,

Whatís up? Are you worried about being stuck in a hotel with only your team mates to talk to? I would!

Yes we are staying at Accademia I think Team USA are there too, donít know about the others. Once we workout what room your in, weíll know where to send the late night party girls.

I see the room rates have dropped and some of my crew have made new booking at the latest rate and canceled their earlier booking.

Peter

andyd1179
07-10-2008, 05:21 PM
Glad we got some company!!! I know the manager i can get you the basement rooms if you want :) we are in the penthouse rooms they have air-conditioning as the rest of the hotel doesnt have that luxury. I think you can buy ice from the market though.

Andy:)

Peter Armstrong
07-10-2008, 05:41 PM
Andy,

Youíll have company in the penthouse, I thought our team captain had booked that, maybe there is more than one.

I donít see the problem 35C and no aircon, weíd feel right at home. Itís the cold weíd have an issue with.

Peter

Bill Collaros
07-11-2008, 04:56 AM
Just got back from 10 days Biathalon & Schnapps training in the Snowy Mountains of Australia, looking forward to thawing out in the 40 degree heat of Milan...

Aussie Team Captain....

Brian_K
07-11-2008, 05:34 AM
Just checked the weather for Milan for the next 3-5 days, 28 - 26c and raining - spot on for us Brits, we shoot good in wellies :D

Peter Armstrong
07-11-2008, 06:53 AM
Brian,

Here is a good link for weather and wind
http://www.timeanddate.com/weather/italy/milan

Bill,

I’m looking to thaw out in Dubai and Italy, the wind all week here feels like it is blowing off the south pole at 18 to 40ks and here is silly me at the range first thing every day trying to shoot 10s. I’ve had the place to myself, no one else is that dumb.

Peter

Bill Collaros
07-11-2008, 07:22 AM
Peter: Keep up the training, I love your commitment. We are very lucky here in Australia as we get all winds & all temps so i am sure we will be ready for anything Italy will throw at us... I will see you for our final training session Saturday 19th July before we leave for Italy.....:D

andyd1179
07-11-2008, 08:04 AM
Build yourself some mounds up the range about 1.5mt high as that is how Milan range is. I think what your used to will put you off when you get there and will be a whole new learnig stage. I think it is going to make the competition interesting as far as what people think they will be able achieve.

AndyD

Peter Armstrong
07-11-2008, 05:39 PM
Andy,

We have nothing to fear, it wasnít us who got their butts kicked big time by this range last year.

What would a shrink make of all this talk of the past defeats??

Peter

andyd1179
07-12-2008, 04:42 AM
Peter

If i remember clearly we picked 7 medels last year. So not sure who was doing the butt kicking!! Its going to be good fun one way or another, just hope everyone arrives ok.

TWO WEEKS TODAY!! AND COUNTING!!!

Andy:D

Peter Armstrong
07-14-2008, 05:47 AM
Does anyone how, where, when the results will be posted???

For those shooting everything, 27 match targets in 6 days plus practice, I hope everyone is ready.

Doug
07-14-2008, 08:11 AM
If someone will email me the rimfire results I will post them on the World Rimfire website.
http://worldrimfire.com/

Brian_K
07-14-2008, 08:14 AM
Does anyone how, where, when the results will be posted???

No idea

For those shooting everything, 27 match targets in 6 days plus practice, I hope everyone is ready.

Peter, I'm so ready the wife has stopped feeding me red meat

DWBROWN
07-14-2008, 09:40 AM
Peter,
I Did Not Find Out Anything About The W.r.b.c.of 2008 Until It Was Really To Late. If So I Would Have Tried To Come Up With Sponsorship And Try To Attend. I Had Contacted D.j. About The Championships But By Then It Was Almost To Late. I Would Have Loved To Come Over And Shot With Everyone, And Still Would But Without Any Sponsorship It Is Just Not Feasable.( Min. Of Around $5000.00 To Come From The U.s And Exspenses) The Level Of Competition Is What Drives Me, I Enjoy Going And Shooting Against The Best, It Doesn't Matter Where. If I Could Come Up With Sponsorship I Would Still Try To Make It, Although It Is Probably To Later To Enter.
Peter I Am Not Bitching What So Ever, I Just Wish I Could Have Found Out About The Championships Sooner. I Have Read Some Of Yours And Carlb. And Others Posts And It Sounds Like You Have Worked Very Hard To Put Together A Great Event. I Wish You And All Of The Participents Good Luck, And To Team U.s.a. Go Over And Take Care Of Business. Have A Great Day! Sincerely, Douglas W. Brown

carlb
07-14-2008, 01:56 PM
Hi Doug. I will forward you results when I get back to the UK - about the 4/5th August. Within a week the results will be on the ERABSF website as well, with links from the UKBR22 website.
Peter - it might be a good idea to put them on the Aus RBA website as well to provide further exposure. Thoughts, Carl

NB I am guessing that a number of website from the Czech Republic to Germany will also have reference to scores and/ or links.

Peter Armstrong
07-14-2008, 02:44 PM
Doug,
Itís alright to put the air rifle on your webpage, theyíre not Yankees, well maybe a couple are.

Brian,
No red meat?? Is your wife trying to bring out your feminine side? I went the other way, I stopped feed the wife meat.

Douglas
You donít have to tell us, we all know it does cost a bit to go overseas. The only access we had for promoting this in the US was this forum and word of mouth. Donít worry, Team USA will be looked after? The taxi will pick them up at the airport and take them directly to their hotel in Rome.

Bill Collaros
07-14-2008, 04:19 PM
I will be updating Australian Benchrest Bulletin with scores if it is conveinient to do so from Hotel Computer. Probably just 1st to 3rd in each tournament as they occur each day. I will also post them on this site. When it is all done I am sure evreyone will see full results on a number of sites...

Customs Clearances have come in yesterday 2 more training sessions & were on the plane, looking forward to meeting many of you in person :p

andyd1179
07-14-2008, 04:47 PM
I have to say it's good to see everyone that uses this Forum is finally looking forward to this event.
What ever happens I'm looking forward to meeting some interesting people and making hopefully some good friends along the way. also seeing old friends that I made last year.
I have to say most of us in the British are finished testing and training and now just sitting back chilling, those of you that are still training must have some problems, if we can give you some advice then please ask, cant promise we will respond but you never know:D.

The main group of our team will be arriving around 9:30 - 10pm on the 26th so we may see you in the bar breifly on the night, dont be shy in coming up to us, if you see a bloke in wheelchair drinking Coca Cola then that will be me!!

I wish everyone a safe journey and please make sure you have all your paperwork in order, specially your passport indate!! and dont forget your rifles, bolt and ammo as that is a must have if you want to take part.

Best wishes, Andy

Brian_K
07-14-2008, 05:06 PM
You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word. It is victory.

I have, myself, full confidence that if all do their duty, if nothing is neglected, and if the best arrangements are made, as they are being made, we shall prove ourselves

There may be people among us who will not see the end of this competition. We will put them on the plane and send them back. There will be no time for sorrow. Letís leave Italy a better place for us having been there.

Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, so bear ourselves that, if the British Team last for a thousand years, men will still say, "This was their finest hour."

andyd1179
07-14-2008, 05:12 PM
Blimy Brian you on the Gin again!! or is that red meat your wife is giving you have some effect that we dont know about.

Bless you.

Andy

Peter Armstrong
07-14-2008, 05:16 PM
Andy,
If nothing else there will be some strange (some more than others) and interest people there.

Iíve heard some good stories from people who had a little too much to eat on holidays, but to say the seat on wheelchair shrunk on the plane is a good tale.

Unlike some countries we are a little slower down here and we feel the need to train more that anyone else. I for one wonít be thinking on the way home, maybe I should of trained just a little more. Iíve done what I think needs to be done and regardless what happens, no regrets.

This is going to be fun, the first of our mob flyís out this Thursday and Iím last to leave Friday next week. I should be fast asleep when your mob gets in to the hotel. Might see you at breakfast Sunday, weíll be the ones we the loud shirts, canít miss us.

Peter

Peter Armstrong
07-14-2008, 05:22 PM
You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word. It is victory.

I have, myself, full confidence that if all do their duty, if nothing is neglected, and if the best arrangements are made, as they are being made, we shall prove ourselves

There may be people among us who will not see the end of this competition. We will put them on the plane and send them back. There will be no time for sorrow. Letís leave Italy a better place for us having been there.

Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, so bear ourselves that, if the British Team last for a thousand years, men will still say, "This was their finest hour."

Brian,
I think we have already acknowledged the fact that some strange people will be in Milan.
You donít need to identify yourself this early.

Peter

andyd1179
07-14-2008, 05:25 PM
Hi Peter,

If you think your T-shirts are loud, you should see ours!! we have a colour co-ordination, Red one day and Black another, even matching baseball hats. we will have to have a fashion show for the worse and best t-shirts I think.

Andy

andyd1179
07-14-2008, 05:28 PM
I forget to say, I did see a pic of the South African team looking very smart in Green Jackets and ties!! I think they must of borrowed them from the Oympice team!! they are going to show us up if they have them on, but we will be cooler then they will :D

Andy

Bill Collaros
07-14-2008, 09:53 PM
When you see us think AUSTRALIAN ONE DAY CRICKET TEAM OUTFIT & ramp it up a notch. I guarantee we will not be un-noticed. It seems everyone thinks they are ready, in 1 week we will start to find out who is bluffing & who are World Champions...

Peter Armstrong
07-14-2008, 11:23 PM
Bill
I think the poms would of looked better in black and blue, the colours people go after a good kicking. Itís encouraging to see people having a bit of pride in their nations colours, a bit like street gangs.

Sophie, Nick and Karl came out to the Olympic range today and shot with me, for me it wasnít too bad out there today and I shot a 3 target PB, Iíll be right to go next week. :D

Peter

Bill Collaros
07-15-2008, 04:19 AM
Below is the schedule of events. I will try & fill in scores or at least the top 3 in each event while I am in Italy to keep you all posted on results, until the official web sites are fully updated.

Schedule of Events:

July 25-26 Ė Unofficial Practice

Sunday, July 27 Ė Official Practice and Technical Meeting

Monday, July 28 -Three targets Air Rifle International Sporter, Hunter and Unlimited B Class. (25M).

Tuesday, July 29 -Three targets Rimfire International Sporter and Light Varmint Class. (25M)

Wednesday, July -30 Three targets Rimfire Unlimited Class. (25M)

Thursday, July 31- Three targets Rimfire International Sporter Class. (50M)

Friday, August 1 - Three targets Rimfire Light Varmint Class. (50M)

Saturday, August 2 -Three targets Rimfire Unlimited Class. (50M)

Sunday, August 3 Ė Medals Ceremony and ERABSF A.G.M.
Beginning 11 a.m. All competitors are to gather in the large pavilion for Awards, followed by the Flags and Medal Ceremonies. You must be present to win! In the afternoon the Delegatesí General Meeting will be held. A detailed agenda will be provided to all ERABSF General Council Members.

Bill Collaros
Australian Team Captain

andyd1179
07-15-2008, 12:09 PM
Bill

Just to make sure you spell my name correct its: Andy Dubreuil (Gold Medal) :D

If I make the top 10 i would be pleased, if I did happen to win a medal that would be a dream, but like i have said before, taking part is fantastic.

I believe Carlo will be telling everyone on the 1st day of practice the relay situation. I personally dont think its to important to have those details till we get there as you wont know what the conditions are like on the lane till you see it.

Quick message for the USA Team, have you let Carlo know what dates you are arriving? as he has not hurd from you?

Andy

Peter Armstrong
07-15-2008, 12:30 PM
Andy,

DJ emailed Carlo on the 10th of June.
Team USA arrives July 25th at 0805 on Continental Airlines flight #44
And DJ asked Carlo for a van to pick them up.

Craig, David, and DJ have been very quite, if the UK or Australia get beat itís not the end of the world. But Iíd say the expectations and pressure on Team USA would be high.:eek:

Peter

Bill Collaros
07-15-2008, 12:33 PM
Nice one Andy, your confidence is commended...Good luck to everyone & every country lucky enough to be entered.

andyd1179
07-15-2008, 12:35 PM
Hya Mate,

I will be speaking to Carlo tonight so i will pass on the info, but it would be good if someone from Team USA could email Carlo about the details just to save and hassel.

Andy

Doug
07-15-2008, 12:38 PM
I do not speak for team USA but I am Sure they are going to
KICK SOME BUTT
and
Not Take Any Prisoners!
:D

DonMatzeder
07-15-2008, 12:45 PM
I say team USA have been to bigger matches than this without being too presured. 8>)

andyd1179
07-15-2008, 12:50 PM
I do not speak for team USA but I am Sure they are going to
KICK SOME BUTT
and
Not Take Any Prisoners!
:D

Seeing Team USA kicking each others butt has got to be worth a photo, reminds me of when i use to go to circus as a kid and watching clowns kick each others butt!! It be nice to a circus again, looking forward to it :D:D:D:D

I'm on form tonight!!!

Andy

Peter Armstrong
07-15-2008, 12:52 PM
Andy,

I donít think anyone has heard from Team USA for the last month or so.

As I said they did email Carlo with the details and if it was me I wouldnít think Iíd need to reconfirm anything. Maybe Carlo sees it differently.

I do like the way you spell your name Andy Dubreuil (Gold Medal) but when you put UK on the end, people will get the joke.:D

Bill,
What are you doing up this early, I go for a swim and sauna before I go to the range, whatís your excuse.

Peter

Bill Collaros
07-15-2008, 12:55 PM
Peter: My wife keeps me up late & early to make up for lost time in Italy...:rolleyes: OR I am in training for post match activities...;)

Peter Armstrong
07-15-2008, 01:04 PM
Seeing Team USA kicking each others butt has got to be worth a photo, reminds me of when i use to go to circus as a kid and watching clowns kick each others butt!! It be nice to a circus again, looking forward to it :D:D:D:D

I'm on form tonight!!!

Andy

With all these flash shirts etc, it might look a bit like a clownís convention.

Joe Friedrich
07-15-2008, 01:18 PM
There is nothing to be won by posting here, Team USA knows what needs to be done once they get there. I am sure all there preparations are in order.

Wishing you gentlemen good luck. The ones who are best mentally prepared during their stay there will come out on top.

Take Care,
Joe

Bill Collaros
07-16-2008, 04:35 AM
Joe, It's all harmless fun & I think a bit of mind of games from everyone.

As many have said including yourself the best prepared mentally & also the best to adapt to conditions in Italy will reign & have the last say :)

Andy/Brian/Carlo, Can any of you tell me is there anywhere to have a swim nearby? Is it worth taking a costume, I don't think hotel has a pool?

Brian_K
07-16-2008, 04:41 AM
Joe, It's all harmless fun & I think a bit of mind of games from everyone.

As many have said including yourself the best prepared mentally & also the best to adapt to conditions in Italy will reign & have the last say :)

Andy/Brian/Carlo, Can any of you tell me is there anywhere to have a swim nearby? Is it worth taking a costume, I don't think hotel has a pool?

No pool in the hotel, don't know of any nearby but I'd pay good money to see a hairy Aussie in a cossie.

One more tip, work on your crouching stance, you'll need it for the toilets at the range (hole in the floor)

Brian

Bill Collaros
07-16-2008, 05:09 AM
I'll have to find a nice spa somewhere :rolleyes:

Crouching no problem for me, I also played Volleyball for Australia & crouching against a wall for half an hour was part of our leg muscle building excersises so we could jump high, when you see my height you will realise i had to do alot of crouching :o

Natali
07-16-2008, 08:09 AM
I forget to say, I did see a pic of the South African team looking very smart in Green Jackets and ties!! I think they must of borrowed them from the Oympice team!! they are going to show us up if they have them on, but we will be cooler then they will :D

Andy
Hi All

Andy were did you see a pic of us?

The South African Sports and Olympic Committee requires all of us to wear the correct clothing that they prescribe while competing at international events. So we will also have matching caps,shirts ect.

We are arriving on the 25th and is so looking forward to this.

See you all soon

andyd1179
07-16-2008, 08:12 AM
Can any of you tell me is there anywhere to have a swim nearby? Is it worth taking a costume, I don't think hotel has a pool?[/B][/I]

Hi Bill,
I spoke to my friend at the Accademia Hotel about a open air swimming pool for you, and there is a open air pool 1kilometre away from the hotel. you could jog or take a lazy walk to it. The hotel will be able to give you directions but they did say it get very busy!!

Glad to help, Andy

andyd1179
07-16-2008, 08:23 AM
Hi Natali
Its good to see someone from the South African Team on here, thought you had all gone to sleep!! Carl sent a picture a while ago but i dont have it any more:( I hope you guys have manage to sort out your visa's now and you are all sorted.

Which hotel are you guys staying at?

Cheers, Andy

andyd1179
07-16-2008, 08:52 AM
For all those staying at this hotel and maybe arriving late evening the restaurant is open till 1am and snacks or sarny's are available at the bar. There is a very good shopping centre called "Il Portello" which is 100meters away which on the way to the stadium. A lot of local restaurants close on a sunday but ask the the hotel for more info.
the hotel understands that we are all bringing rifles to the hotel on arrival but please make sure that your rifle case is secure in your room and that the bolt is not in the same case. You will be able to leave your rifle at the stadium from the first day signing in and practice till the end of the event and then take them back to hotel. the stadium will secure your rifle and you will be able to collect your rifle and equipment each day from the secure area.

Those people that are staying at other hotels should speak to reception about keeping their rifle overnight at their hotel just to make sure they are happy.

hope this info is of use.

Andy

Natali
07-16-2008, 09:13 AM
No we are all up and shooting. Must have been a picture someone took of us.

Yes all of us got the correct sporting visa's yesterday. So happy.:D

We are staying at the accursio hotel. 700m from the range.

Enjoy

andyd1179
07-16-2008, 12:51 PM
Hi Natali,
Glad to here you all got sorted i know it was a bit of an issue.

Your going to be knackered by the time you get the range, specially in those big green Jackets :D:D

all the best, Andy

Peter Armstrong
07-16-2008, 04:11 PM
Guys,

Seeing the bench draw and which countries are going to Italy is a State secret and under Italian law and this info canít leave Italy. So Iím going to start naming names and invite all other countries to list who is going from their country too.

Australian Team
Peter Armstrong
Nick Catlin
Bill Collaros (Team Captain)
Joy Harrison
Sophie Hendersen (Jr)
David Keen
Karl Kuehn
Martin Lee
Richard Lightfoot
Grant Manning

andyd1179
07-16-2008, 04:21 PM
Well I'm sure my guys wont mind me putting their names up since you will see them soon enough.

but i dont have them to hand at the moment but will post tomorrow if I can.

Did you find the details of the hotel and pool useful Peter?

Andy

Peter Armstrong
07-16-2008, 04:36 PM
Andy,

The pool sounds okay, but weíll need to find out what the policy is on pets. Bill might need to get a body wax.

Peter

andyd1179
07-16-2008, 04:41 PM
Well on that note, the area of Milan we are in does have its own red light area so im sure he can get waxed one way or another!!

Andy

andyd1179
07-17-2008, 01:09 PM
Here are the details of the Bristish Team:

Carl Bosell (Captain)
Andy Dubreuil
Jim Andrews
Ken Stockham
Christine Stockham (JL)
Adrian Hasell
Brian Kelly
John Farrell
Colin Renwick
Andy Simpson
Robin Brown
Garry Kingaby

Andy

Peter Armstrong
07-17-2008, 01:45 PM
Andy,
Good to see youíre not traveling alone. It will be interesting to see what countries are there, with 50 benches and at least 4 relays in rimfire, we have 4 sharing one gun.

We sent our rests and flags on there way to Milan yesterday. If we want them back I guess weíll have to go and get them.

Peter

andyd1179
07-17-2008, 01:51 PM
Hya Mate,
I hope that all your gear arrives ok. Weare taking all ours with us on the flight and have manage to cut a good deal with the airline, i manage to save the team just over 2,000 euros which has helped.

I need all these guys to carry my gear for me!!!

Andy

Peter Armstrong
07-17-2008, 02:10 PM
Andy,
Sounds a bit like the days of the British Empire, great white hunter and his team of porters. Will you be wearing a pith hat??

Peter

andyd1179
07-17-2008, 02:18 PM
Well I've got to find an easy way into the Hotel, if not they will have throw me up the steps. So you nealry got it right. :D

Were is your gear going to the hotel or the range, if its the range do they know that big Aussie create is arriving? was it cheaper to do that than take it with you on the flight? Need to brush up on your negotiation skills, i got over 2,000 euros taken off ours!

Andy

Peter Armstrong
07-17-2008, 02:57 PM
Andy,

No deals to be done here next week with the airlines. The Pope is in Sydney this week and all the planes next week are very full of people going back to Europe. My flight has been booked out for over 3 months.

Excess baggage, US$45 per kg to Milan, 52 euro per kg Milan to Sydney. We have 48kg of goodies going over and the round trip is around US$1700. They are going to the hotel.

Iíve got 20kg baggage allowance, that only covers my gun and ammo, Iíve got 7kg carry on allowance and that is all the cloths I can take. So if by the end I smell, bad luck!!:eek:

Peter

andyd1179
07-17-2008, 03:14 PM
I know this is not a cheap deal and its costing you guys twice as much. we found a couple of sponsors, even though i have been working on sponsorship since last year but not an easy task, thats why we need to make this work if there is to more WBC's for the future. I expect this will be my first and last WBC due to health and so on. But we need to promote this in each country if we are to find quality sponsors for the future.
Any teams need to start working on sposorship straight after this event if they are to secure for the next team in my view.

Andy

Bill Collaros
07-18-2008, 12:59 AM
TEAM AUSTRALIA is now in lock down.

See you in ITALY.

Regards
Team Captain :cool:

andyd1179
07-19-2008, 06:45 AM
For anyone one looking to buy something from suppliers at the WBC, please make sure that you have plenty of Euros as none of the venders come with credit card machines. this was the case last year at the Europeans Championship. There should be a number of venders selling equipment this year.

Andy

nickswin1
07-20-2008, 03:36 PM
Here is the South African Team to Milan Italy.

Natali Terblanche
Niel Terblanche
Pieter Grundling
Pieter vd Merwe
Nico Pienaar
Stefan Pretoruis
Jonathan Pizer
Gus de Vries
Nick Schoonwinkel
Erick de Clerk
Martin Senore
Rohan Roux Junior
Toinette Barnard Junior
Luandri Barnard Junior

Pieter van der Merwe Senior Team Manager

Peter Armstrong
07-20-2008, 03:59 PM
Pieter,

Great to see South African going to Milan in numbers.

Good game of rugby Saturday night, I liked it.:D

Should us southern hemispheres join up and stick it to the barmy army in Milan??:cool:

Peter

PS people wearing green blazers in the bar at the hotel, will be required to buy the first round. :eek:

andyd1179
07-20-2008, 04:05 PM
Your be lucky Peter there staying in the REDLIGHT area of Milan so we wont see them, but dont tell them the Good news, let it be a secret:cool::confused::eek::D:(

Andy

Doug
07-20-2008, 04:32 PM
Just Curious that I never see a French Team.
Doesn't anyone shoot in France?:confused:

andyd1179
07-20-2008, 04:39 PM
Doug I believe that they are big centrefire, not sure they are sending a team since centrefire seems to run things there.

Andy

Peter Armstrong
07-20-2008, 08:24 PM
Doug,

I had a look at the RBA webpage and every time I hear about Team USA kicking butt I think of Andyís interpretation. Maybe after itís all over and weíve a few too many drinks Team USA could demonstrate their butt kicking style.:D

On a more serious note, if you click onto the international tab on the RBA webpage, it shows the USA teams being soundly beaten a couple years back. Is that a Freudian slip on someoneís part??? :eek:

Peter

DonMatzeder
07-20-2008, 08:58 PM
It would be my bet that the results from last year were never posted over here for fear of seaming to brag.

Peter Armstrong
07-20-2008, 10:09 PM
Don,

Iím not so sure about your idea on the bragging. Last year your A team did well to win by a couple of points, but your B and C team did no better than their counterparts in 2006.

Peter

DonMatzeder
07-20-2008, 10:47 PM
I don't think much thought was given to the teams but I did notice that 33 of the top fifty individuals were from the USA. On the other hand, the bottom 50 only had 4 USA shooters. I don't know how deep your program is but there's a lot of 250's being shot this year and half the shooters in the US don't even shoot that target.

Peter Armstrong
07-20-2008, 11:33 PM
Don,

What a difference a year makes.
While there might have been 33 in the top 50 last year, I think when this years world ranking come out youíll only have 3 in the top 150. :eek:

Peter

DonMatzeder
07-21-2008, 07:38 AM
I guess I'm just confused. I don't understand the international mindset on this. I have always concidered this an individual sport. The team concept just an artificial way of making a match interesting. People don't drop off the world ranking in golf or tennis when they don't go to a match. Why not set up an agg ranking with some minimum number of targets shot to see who the big dogs are?

andyd1179
07-21-2008, 11:25 AM
Don, If you like there are two categoryís, the individual and the team. The first European was like this and so now the World Championships follows on from that. I dont see anything wrong with having both category's since most sports have this setup, it doesnt take anything away from the individual in my book.

Andy

Butch Lambert
07-21-2008, 11:35 AM
I totally agree Andy.
Butch

dj78nc
07-21-2008, 12:43 PM
While yall are on the subject I have a question. As far as determining the winner. Will there be a overall World Benchrest Champion? ex combination of all scores? Will each target be considered a winner or the three targets per class agg be the winner or both? Also how does it work for the teams? Look forward to seeing everybody we are flying out friday morning and should arrive in Milan Saturday 805am local time. I dont know how we will feel considering it will be bed time for what we are used to when we arrive but im sure we will atleast come by the range saturday. dj

andyd1179
07-21-2008, 12:51 PM
Hi DJ, dont quote me but i think it is based on overall score from the 3 match cards and the same for the teams, most points scored. I think this is the way it was done last year at the Europeans.

Andy

PS have you let Carlo know which Flight,Time and Airport you are arriving at as he was asking me as he has not herd from you, he wanted to arrange transport pickup for you.

dj78nc
07-21-2008, 01:00 PM
So there will not be an overall winner right? Just an individual per class and team per class. So actually Team Austraila could win sporter 50m and Team south africa could win sporter 25m for example? Then at the end of the event Team Australia could have won 4 gold and 2 bronze kinda like the olympics im guessing. Ive actually sent it to him twice. Ill send it again and I also sent him another form last week with an equipment change and I havent heard back from him with that yet either. dj

andyd1179
07-21-2008, 01:04 PM
Hi DJ, yes you got it, it will be kind of like that.

Do you want to email with your details and I will ring him for you. I need to know time, flight,time and airport as there are two for Milan.

email: andydubreuil@talktalk.net

Andy

dj78nc
07-21-2008, 01:12 PM
I just forwarded it to you too. Thanks Andy. dj

Peter Armstrong
07-21-2008, 02:59 PM
DJ,

The way they are doing it seems to be the same in smallbore and 300m world champs.
I would of liked to of seen an overall champion in individual and teams too.

You donít need to answer this. Are you bringing a Calfee Spec rifle??
It would be worth a lot more if you win 10.5 and I run 2nd using it.
It would prove any fool could shot it. :D

I get in Saturday too, see you then.
Enjoy the get lag.

Peter

andyd1179
07-21-2008, 03:05 PM
I know what DJ bringing since he just sent his forms to me, but I'm not telling you hahahahah!!!!!:p:p:p

Your just have to wait and see.

Andy

Peter Armstrong
07-21-2008, 03:43 PM
Andy,

I've got a question about those forms for getting into Italy.
Where it says tipo(type) does that mean brand of the gun of do we put rifle or air rifle??

You might have DJ's details but do you know what it means??:eek:

Peter

andyd1179
07-21-2008, 03:56 PM
Hya Mate, were it typo you need to put the make of rifle like: Anschutz then the serial number and then calibre. Dont forget you can only take 1,000rnds with you.

I am tallying up all this help I'm giving out, I should be able to drink Coca Cola for the whole week without paying for it:cool:

As to DJ paperwork NO :D

PS: we have gone over the 5,000 mark of hits on this thread!!!

Andy

CYoung
07-21-2008, 03:58 PM
I have a feeling this is really going to be a fun week of shooting , remember this is Team Calfee coming over. Look forward to seeing Peter and Andy and all the rest of the guys. I wish we had space to bring one of the little XPs with us, I would love for you guys to see and shoot Bill's handiwork. Maybe we will bring one to Austrailia next year. See you Saturday!! Craig

andyd1179
07-21-2008, 04:05 PM
Hya Mate, we are still waiting for Team USA to post names of who is coming, come on dont be shy Team Poms & Aussies have!!!

Have a safe trip mate,

Andy

dj78nc
07-21-2008, 04:20 PM
Ok here ya go!!

DJ Hepler
Craig Young
David Kinnemmer

And YES SPEC 13 will be with me!!

Peter Armstrong
07-21-2008, 04:32 PM
I have a feeling this is really going to be a fun week of shooting , remember this is Team Calfee coming over. Look forward to seeing Peter and Andy and all the rest of the guys. I wish we had space to bring one of the little XPs with us, I would love for you guys to see and shoot Bill's handiwork. Maybe we will bring one to Austrailia next year. See you Saturday!! Craig

Craig,
Are you guys thinking of coming down to the deep deep south next year??

Peter

andyd1179
07-21-2008, 04:35 PM
Thought i would share with you what I am bringing

Its a Anschutz's 1913 selected barrel with a Cicognani Stock and a Nikko Stirling 10x50x60 scope

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk6/andyd1179/DSCN0727.jpg

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk6/andyd1179/DSCN0729.jpg

Kathy
07-21-2008, 04:50 PM
Friend Peter:

I quote from you, my friend:

'You donít need to answer this. Are you bringing a Calfee Spec rifle??
It would prove any fool could shot it.'

My dear friends around the world, including my friend Peter Armstrong:

I simply don't know how to respond.....the games haven't even begun, and we already learn that, if DJ won the thing, he would be just like any "fool"...cause any "fool" can win with a Calfee SPEC rifle! My God, my world wide friends.....who are you folks?

Your friend? Bill Calfee

andyd1179
07-21-2008, 05:03 PM
So what we can say is that DJ doesnt have any pressure on him since he is using one of Bill's Rifles. DJ you got so much work to do I would get down to the range soon as you get off the plane, your going to need it as i believe you have got to beat over 150 of the worlds best shooters. Infact i would setup your bed down there, no pressure mate!!!;)

Andy

Peter Armstrong
07-21-2008, 05:10 PM
Friend Peter:

I quote from you, my friend:

'You donít need to answer this. Are you bringing a Calfee Spec rifle??
It would prove any fool could shot it.'

My dear friends around the world, including my friend Peter Armstrong:

I simply don't know how to respond.....the games haven't even begun, and we already learn that, if DJ won the thing, he would be just like any "fool"...cause any "fool" can win with a Calfee SPEC rifle! My God, my world wide friends.....who are you folks?

Your friend? Bill Calfee

Bill,

If DJ let me shoot the Spec rifle, I would have been the fool.
And I still happily volunteer to be that fool.

Peter

CYoung
07-21-2008, 06:00 PM
Peter, I had the great privledge of meeting 2 of your fellow countrymen, Tony Lush and Lorrie Riordan from Victoria, Tony offered me to stay with him if we came to the Aus. Nationals. If that is even close to the range where they are held. I would love to come down, I might talk DJ into coming . He is the one that started the Aus. Nat. talk last year.

Bill Collaros
07-21-2008, 06:21 PM
Since Andy & DJ have been kind enough to give us an insight into their equipment, here is a photo of me & my gun. Before you open it you should be advised that Peter Armstrong did warn you all I am short & hairy ;)

Bill Collaros
Australian Team Captain

DonMatzeder
07-21-2008, 06:27 PM
So you shoot F class too??

andyd1179
07-22-2008, 04:02 AM
Bill, Blimy mate put some cloths on your going to scare the wildlife away!!!:D

Andy

andyd1179
07-22-2008, 12:32 PM
For anyone that does not have transport arrange and is looking to get a taxi to take them from theAirport - Hotel, you need to be aware of prices that should be fixed under the new legislation in Milan. if you are travelling from Linate Airport you should not pay more than 40 euro and if you are travelling from Malpensa Airport you should not pay more than 70 euro.
Last yeatr Milan had problems with non license taxi drivers and this is ment to of been fixed, but if you are concerned it is wise to book your taxi through your hotel.

Andy

Peter Armstrong
07-22-2008, 06:28 PM
Andy,

I always thought it was bloody expensive getting a taxi from London to Heathrow.
The taxi from Malpensa to Milan is more than the London cabs cost and no where near as far to travel.

Be the time Team USA get to Malpensa and the taxi Iíve arranged takeís them to Rome, the meter should have clocked up a few euros.

Peter

FOX
07-23-2008, 06:38 AM
nominative shooters from Czech republic :

Ladislav Ninger
Stanislav Vrestiak
Roman Chlumskż
Jindra Chlumskż (J)
Jan Fokt :D
Josef Havelka
Radko BerŠnek
Miroslav Hoöek
JiřŪ JirŠček
Aleö Grznar
Jaroslav BuröŪk
Pavel Cink
JiřŪ Urban ( may not ) :( he was second in class unlimitit last year in European championship

good shooting,

Fokt Jan

andyd1179
07-23-2008, 06:51 AM
glad to see so many coming from the Czech Republic,which hotel are you guys staying at? UK, USA, Australia are staying at the Accademia.

Have a safe journey adn see you all soon.

Andy

FOX
07-23-2008, 08:32 AM
some shooters are:

UNA Hotel Scandinavia
Via Fauche 15
Milan 20154

much please on meeting rimfire BR shooters from all over the world :eek:

andyd1179
07-24-2008, 04:48 AM
This is just to say this has been a great thread and has been a lot of fun to watch and be involved in. Thanks to everyone that has taken part and visited the thread. The WBC is going to be a great event and I am sure that everyone that is taking part is going to have fun and a great experience meeting sportsman from around the world.
I wish everyone a safe trip and hope that everyone has great time and I am sure we will have some good storys to share with everyone on Benchrest Central when all get back home.

Andy

Peter Armstrong
07-25-2008, 05:31 AM
Andy,

Have you left yet??

Bill is already there, the word is 300 shooters. This will be fun.

Peter

andyd1179
07-25-2008, 05:41 AM
Hya Mate, No we leave tomorr0w afternoon so should be at the hotel around 9-10pm, how come you have not lefted yet? I got told 500!!

Andy

Bill Collaros
07-26-2008, 10:46 AM
Andy see you here soon the fun & games have just begun.

Bill Collaros
07-28-2008, 02:04 PM
Below is results as i have them coming in. 1st 2 events air rifle.

Results of Events:

Monday, July 28 -Three targets Air Rifle International Sporter 25MTR
1st Ivano Vernarelli 727 Italy
2nd Massimo Maltinti 723 Italy
3rd Colin Renwick 722 UK
Dave Keen Aust 15th
Joy Harrison Aust 27th
Hunter 25M Air Rifle Results to come
Unlimited B Class Air Rifle. (25M). Cancelled

Brian_K
07-28-2008, 02:59 PM
Thanks for the update Bill. Pass my congratulations onto Colin Renwick, that was great shooting, tough to beat the Italians on home soil - see you Wednesday

Bill Collaros
07-28-2008, 11:22 PM
Yes the Italians are very serious about air rifle & are the only team here with a specialists air rifle team everyone else has just the 1 team.

Bill Collaros
07-29-2008, 12:39 PM
Results of today International Sporter 6X Scope 25M - 45 shooters
1st Roberto Giarletta 747 Italy
2nd Craig Young 745 USA
3rd Teodorillo Panzini 744 Italy
Using Davids Sporter Grant Manning Bill Collaros & David Keen all with 738 coming 7th, 8th & 9th respectively on X rings
12th Peter Armstrong 736
17th Joy Harrosn 720
18th Karl Kuehen 717
19th Nick Catlan 717
24th Sophie Henderson 705

DJ 4th - TEAM USA 2nd overall :mad:
Joy Harrison 17th Overall & 1ST IN LADYS
TEAMS: TEAM A AUUSTRALIA:Peter Armstrong Bill Collaros David Keen
BRONZE MEDAL

Danny Hepler
07-29-2008, 01:09 PM
Where did David Kinnemmer finish?

Brian_K
07-29-2008, 01:21 PM
Bill, no unlimited class today?

Bill Collaros
07-29-2008, 01:24 PM
Danny & all USA Craig 2nd, Dave 4th & DJ 5th my mistake.

Brian: Unlimited 25 tommorrow

TangoTwo
07-29-2008, 03:56 PM
Bill,

Thanks for the updates. I haven't posted to this thread but, have been following it. Keep an eye on Craig for us, he needs close supervision.:D

Ken Henderson

Bill Collaros
07-29-2008, 04:52 PM
Hey there Ken, just had dinner(CHINESE ITALIAN) go figure with Craig & Team USA u r correct we need to keep an eye on him especially when he is with me we are dangerous together. Actually TEAM USA & TEAM AUSTRALIA are getting on like a house on fire, were having a great time.

DonMatzeder
07-29-2008, 05:14 PM
How"d light varmit at 25 come out?

mistermike
07-29-2008, 06:25 PM
Bill,
Just wanted to extend a sincere "Thank you" for keeping us posted on the matches. Your efforts are appreciated.

Best
Michael

cadillacjack
07-29-2008, 06:49 PM
Thanks for keeping us informed Bill.

Joe Friedrich
07-29-2008, 07:04 PM
Thanks Bill, I was wondering also the same thing Don asked. What happened in Light Varmint?

Joe

DonMatzeder
07-29-2008, 07:07 PM
Joe, they ran out of time and have one relay to go for tommorow. I don't know where team USA stands after two cards.

Joe Friedrich
07-29-2008, 07:30 PM
Thanks Don.

TangoTwo
07-29-2008, 07:57 PM
Hey there Ken,

Actually TEAM USA & TEAM AUSTRALIA are getting on like a house on fire, were having a great time.

Bill,

That doesn't suprise me in the least. Always figured you guys from down under were pretty staight up. Rimfire shooters have to be some of the best, regardless of where they hail from.

Ken

Danny Hepler
07-29-2008, 08:57 PM
DJ emailed me and said he was leading the LV with a 250-12 and a 250-21 he didn't say what Egg and David were doing. DJ said he couldn't get the paralex out of his sporter scope at 25m. The dot was moving around about an inch.

Bill Collaros
07-29-2008, 11:39 PM
Lv last detail is this morning very very close 250 is not enough it will come to X rings. Team USA r all shooting very well.

Bill Collaros
07-30-2008, 12:20 PM
Latest OZ Unofficial update, when u see how close & high the scores are u will understand. A special mention for those who might be wandering Joy has landed a very special Bill Calfee rifle that Team USA has lent her & the results are coming thick & fast. Similar is Richard Lightfoot who has borrowed a hand made German Metal Monster 20lb that he nearly won a medal with today except for a misfire of 0 that ruined a 3 target perfect score.

Light Varmit 25 Meter.
DJ Helper 750/55 1ST USA
D Cheesa 750/41 2nd ITALY
C Young 749 3rd USA
J Harrison749/47 5th & FIRST LADY
B Collaros 747 14th
D Keen 745 21st
Peter Armstrong 744 23rd
And then there is approx 40 more shooters below this look for official results

Unlimited 25 Meter
DJ Helper 750/63 1st USA
T Panisi 750/49 2nd Italy
C Young 749/43 3rd USA
J Harrison 748/46 8th AUST & FIRST LADY
G Manning 748/41 11th AUST
B Collaros 746/20 20th AUST
And then there is approx 40 more shooters below this look for official results.

Hard day at the office today for Team Aust.

Pepper1079
07-30-2008, 01:03 PM
Good shooting Guys. Keep it going.
Jim

Butch Lambert
07-30-2008, 01:05 PM
Great shooting for the USA and the Aussies.
Butch

Fred K
07-30-2008, 01:53 PM
WOW !! I love it !
Great shooting

TKS for the post.
Fred K

dj78nc
07-30-2008, 02:01 PM
Yeah we had a pretty good day today. Im pretty sure team usa won the light varmit and unlimited today. Im not sure what place David Kenimer was in but in light varmit he shot a 748 and also in unlimited a 748 43. He also won the last sporter target yesterday with a 249. Team USA has won 7 of 9 targets shot too. I hope we keep hanging. The aussies are just like us with an accent and cooler animals to look at back home. Craig has found his match Little Nick from Australia!! We will try and keep you updated. We shoot sporter at 50m tomorrow. dj

Butch Lambert
07-30-2008, 02:08 PM
An Aussie is a Texan that happens to live in Australia.
Butch

Jody
07-30-2008, 04:56 PM
David kenimer just called me from Milan and gave me the individual target scores for TEAM USA for 25 meters. He asked me to post them here for everyone, He did not give me the X count.

Sporter
David 247, 248, 249
Craig 249, 248, 248
DJ 249, 248, 246

LV
David 249, 249, 250
Craig 250, 249, 250
DJ 250, 250, 250

UNL
David 250, 250, 248
Craig 250, 250, 249
DJ 250, 250, 250

David said they were having a good time and finally found some good food to eat. 50 Meters start tomorrow with three targets each day for Sporter, LV, and UNL. So far, I think it is a fair statement that Team USA is kicking butt. DJ has won 5 targets, Craig 1, and David 1. Thats 7 out of 9 !!!!

Keep it up guys.

steve b.
07-30-2008, 05:36 PM
Wow,

Impressive shooting!

s.

John Kielly
07-30-2008, 05:44 PM
An Aussie is a Texan that happens to live in Australia.

A Texan is an Aussie who drinks funny beer.

John

JLG.
07-30-2008, 06:27 PM
Dj and team keep it up at 50 meters you fellows will really shine keep a cool head and do what you do best.Jerry

smoke
07-30-2008, 07:07 PM
Great shooting! Keep it up and prepare to fill us in on some stories when it is all over! We are with all of you vicariously!

Kent Owens
07-30-2008, 08:08 PM
DJ, Craig, and David, congratulations on some good shooting! Glad to see you guys are doing well over there. Do your best and have a great time, and I'll see you guys when you get home.
Great score by the other shooters too! Congrats to all!

Butch Lambert
07-30-2008, 08:16 PM
Great shooting for our team and I think they will do well tomorrow also. John, how is the weather in Brisbane?
Butch

smoke
07-30-2008, 08:36 PM
Quick question - What target is being used for the 50 meter event?

Fred J
07-30-2008, 08:54 PM
Butch:
The Winter of 2000 it was was fantastic. That was excately 8 years ago. All those I spoke with while there, says the weather is always the same, so I guess it's still fantastic.

Jody
07-30-2008, 10:27 PM

http://www.benchrest22.org/officialtarget_files/BRTarget50.pdf

I think this is the target. It has alarger 10 ring. Someone correct me if I'm wrong

John Kielly
07-31-2008, 04:26 AM
John, how is the weather in Brisbane?
Butch,

It's deep midwinter here at the moment - 37 this morning & a top of 68. The bureau says it might warm up to 80 tomorrow. :p

John

Bill Collaros
07-31-2008, 10:06 AM
UPDATE & AUSTRALIAN MEDAL COUNT.
Great news Australian Team A won another Bronze in Light Varmit 25 Meter.
MEDAL COUNT SO FAR:
Joy Harrison GOLD Ladies Unlimited 25mtr
Joy Harrison GOLD Ladies Light Varmit 25 mtr
Joy Harrison GOLD Ladies Sporter 50 Meter
Sophie Henderson GOLD Junior Sporter 50 mtr
Sophie Henderson Bronze Sporter 25 mtr
A TEAM Peter Armstrong, Bill Collaros, David Keen
BRONZE International Sporter 25 meter
BRONZE Light Varmit 25 meter
POSSIBLE BRONZE (results to come) Sporter 50 meter.

Today Int Sporter 50 mtr BIG FIELD VERY HARD CONDITIONS
1st Dave Kenimer 739-21 USA
2nd R Gariletta 739-17 Italy
3rd C Young 739-11 USA
8th Peter Armstrong Australia
10th Joy Harrison Australia
11th DJ Helper USA
15th David Keen AUSTRALIA
16th Bill Collaros AUSTRALIA
21st Sophie Henderson AUSTRALIA

Jody
07-31-2008, 10:10 AM
just got off the phone with David and he won the 50 meter agg in sporter today. Graig was 3rd and DJ 11th. He's pretty sure that the Team score will win the sporter.

Bill Collaros
07-31-2008, 10:33 AM

Smoke

The scoring rings are the same as IR50

Bill

Doug
07-31-2008, 11:04 AM
Bill,
If you are using the UKBR target then you will find it is not the same size as the IR 50/50 target.
UKBR 10 Ring 3.250 mm
IR 50/50 10 Ring 3.175 mm
When I started working on the world postal I tried to get people to agree on an international standard and finally gave up!

Bill Collaros
07-31-2008, 11:36 AM
I did not do last reply as I have no idea I would say it someone else at the hotel that got on the computer & my log in was still there..

Bill Collaros
07-31-2008, 11:40 AM
Well we are three quarters of the way through World Championships & I can now easliy say WE GET IT. We have been reading all the hype & opinions about Bills rifles on this forum & I can tell you seeing them in action first hand over here they have no equal. So Mr Calfee congratulations & whenever you are ready to ship one to Australia let me know & lets get your show INTERNATIONAL :)

DonMatzeder
07-31-2008, 11:45 AM
Bill, Mr Calfee's guns are good but there are 5 or 6 smiths in the US that are making comperable guns. It's tuff to win a match in the US.

Fred J
07-31-2008, 12:10 PM
Often the Driver, never gets the credit he deserves. All three of these fine marksmen would most likely do well with gun from numerous other gunsmiths in the USA Great job guys.

steve b.
07-31-2008, 12:10 PM
Oh no.... Here we go.

Who needs missionaries? All we need are a few bicycle helmets, some blue suits, and a rifle from the "chosen one."

glynn angle
07-31-2008, 12:53 PM
There's an old saying about football coach's. For ex: Bear Bryant, Darrell Royal & others. He can take his'n & beat you'rn, or take you'rn & beat his'n. Same with the great shooters.

dj78nc
07-31-2008, 02:12 PM
We are getting to really like hot coca cola and cold eggs. There is no ice to be found in this lovely spot on the earth. And not much air conditioning, we finally threatened the hotel with his rifle and they turned the ac down 2 degrees! We have met some really fine folks from around the world, the Austrailians are the most wide open bunch you will ever see. They would fit right in the USA. My friend Nick Catlin is the funniest bloke you will ever meet, I hope he can make it to the US for the next world shoot. Danny , Peter is really an OK bloke you might even like the dude , after the fight of course. Meet some South Africans that are nicest folk , Pine helped us out of the airport after a 5 hour wait last Sat. David won the 50 meter sporter today and he is out of his mind. DJ won everything there was to win yesterday, but he had a little trouble today and is selling all his equipment so he won't have to bring it home. I have managed to win a medal in every event so far, maybe if the horseshoe doesn't fall out I can maintain until Sat. More news to follow when we get on the net again. Craig

Peter Armstrong
07-31-2008, 02:18 PM
DJ

If you are selling your sporter, think of me, we both know that gun like me better than you. :eek:

Peter

Butch Lambert
07-31-2008, 03:58 PM
If the Worlds last long enough this thread will almost be as long as one of Calfee's muzzle device post.
Butch

crb
07-31-2008, 05:22 PM
Campione Del Mondo !!!!!

Way to go guys.

Fred J
07-31-2008, 06:02 PM
Peter:
Do do bring any Vegemite for the USA guys to try out?

Butch Lambert
07-31-2008, 07:54 PM
Fred, if you hold your nose and close your eyes, it don't taste too bad.
Butch

Fred J
07-31-2008, 09:23 PM
Pee-ewe

John Kielly
07-31-2008, 09:37 PM
Pee-ewe

Bet you drink Starbucks ore even, heaven forbid, Bud, which goes to show that beauty is in the eye (mouth, nose) of the beholder.

All the more left for us.

In Calfee mode (forgive me), you don't know how to use the stuff. Fresh bread, Vegemite & lettuce samwiches are beautiful. Or crisp plain crackers with butter & Vegemite squelched together, then topped with thick slices of ripe tomato & lots of pepper. Yum!

j mckinnie
07-31-2008, 09:42 PM
you forgot to wash it down with a XXXX gold:D

John Kielly
07-31-2008, 09:47 PM
I've travelled in Mexico too much. I prefer Tooheys Old.

Robert
08-01-2008, 04:50 AM
Congratulations to all the US and Aussie Shooters.
Joy you have done the Girls proud.
Congratulations to Bill Calfee.Bill I have read about some of the stuff you eat Mate you would love Vegemite

cpeters
08-01-2008, 08:18 AM
So is this anything like Lucys VITAMEATAVEGAMIN?

Charlie

DonMatzeder
08-01-2008, 03:49 PM
Is it just me or is anyone else going a little crazy waiting for the 10 1/2 lb results??

steve b.
08-01-2008, 06:51 PM
Yes...!!!!

10.5 lb results..?

Jody
08-01-2008, 06:55 PM
It looks like Team USA will be taking gold in 10.5 or LV. David called today and gave me the individual Team USA scores.

DJ finished 2nd
250-4
249-9
247-8

David 3rd
248-7
247-9
249-11

Craig 10th
246-8
248-6
243-5

From what I hear DJ let one of his new aussie friends borrow his rifle and that fellow one the individual agg. Dave is pretty sure that the Team USA scores will win gold!

Danny Hepler
08-01-2008, 10:12 PM
I don't know if you boys will read this before you shoot tomorrow, but Cowboy the F up and don't let them aussie's beat you.

Peter Armstrong
08-02-2008, 09:50 AM
I don't know if you boys will read this before you shoot tomorrow, but Cowboy the F up and don't let them aussie's beat you.

Danny,
The Australians were not the problem today.
When I left the range DJ had posted a 747 but its not clear if he had won.
Team USA was in a lot of trouble early and Craig switched over to Spec 13 for the last target and maybe did enough.

Peter

Bill Collaros
08-02-2008, 09:59 AM
GREAT NEWS FOR USA; Unlimited 50 Meter

DJ came 1st
David came 2nd
Craig not so good
Aussies not so good

Congratulations to our new friends from the US of A

Bill Collaros
Australian Team Captain

steve b.
08-02-2008, 01:25 PM
Peter, what was Craig shooting before he switched to Spec 13..?

Peter Armstrong
08-02-2008, 04:23 PM
Steve,
Craig was shooting Cocky, Stumps old rifle.

Peter

Bob Collins
08-02-2008, 07:48 PM
I guess they are still scoring targets.
Bob Collins

Peter Armstrong
08-03-2008, 02:35 AM
Bob,

It all over in Italy and everyone went out for a feed and a few drinks (some more than others) last night its 10 am here and no one has seen team USA this morning.

USA won the teams in unlimited. Off the top of my head I think USA won 5 of the 6 rimfire teams matches and 4 of the 6 individual gold medals.

They start handing the medals out soon, so I need to off to pick up my gold, 10.5lbs 50m :eek::D:D:D:D:eek::D

Peter

Brian_K
08-03-2008, 12:46 PM
Just got back from Italy (some of us have to go to work tomorrow) - just wanted to say it was a pleasure seeing the team shoot, unquestionably some fine rifles but that takes nothing away from their shooting ability which was a pleasure to see in the flesh. The guys were always free with their advice and never seemed to get annoyed by the constant barrage of questions (usually from me). Well done.

p.s. Craig, don't forget to look into shipping some Shilen barrels to the UK ;)

Brian

Rod Collins
08-03-2008, 03:53 PM
Well who won???

DOUG MILLER
08-03-2008, 04:40 PM
Congratulations to all the USA Teams and Shooters. A great showing by all.

To see all the scores, I found the complete results at:

http://www.worldrimfire.com/results/results.html

Doug Miller

Butch Lambert
08-03-2008, 04:45 PM
Doug,
When I clicked on it the 2007 results came up.
Butch

DOUG MILLER
08-03-2008, 04:46 PM
Results in my prior post are for 2007 ... the site has not yet posted the 2008 results.

Grapevine says USA Teams did extremely well. Hopefully the site will be updated with the complete 2008 results shortly. Doug Miller

DOUG MILLER
08-03-2008, 04:48 PM
Butch ... sorry about the errant post ... hoping the results will be updated at the site shortly ... we'll wait and see. Best wishes and apologies, Doug

Doug
08-03-2008, 04:49 PM
World Rimfire Does not have the 2008 Results yet!
With a little luck someone will email me the excel file and I will post them for all to see.

Jody
08-03-2008, 08:18 PM
Looks like Team USA took the unl class as well. Dave called me with the results for the last round and here they are. I'm sure it's old news to some of you because it was yesterday when he called but I was in transit for vacation.

DJ 1st
250-8X
249-8X
249-8X

David 2nd
247-12X
249-5X
247-7X

Craig
244-6X
242-2X
249-7X

Congratulations to DJ, David, and Craig on some excellent shooting and thanks for making us all very proud. Way to go guys!!!!

Peter Armstrong
08-03-2008, 11:56 PM
Well who won???

Rod there is NO overall winner, just winners of each class. Like me:D:D
We hope to fix that for the next one.
The next one is 2011 in the USA, but before everyone carried away its looking like being 15 shooters max per country.

Peter

PS team USA have left the hotel on thier way home now.

Bill Collaros
08-04-2008, 02:16 AM
As Australian Team Captain I think a final post is appropriate as we all start to get ready to leave for home. I dont have results in front of me but in the end I am pretty sure we won the following.
1 open gold, 3 ladies gold (i think), 1 junior gold & 3 to 4 Team Bronze (awaiting 1 result), we also had many top 10 finishes. All in all a wonderful result, i think the only down side was that we did not perform as well as we could in the final day Unlimited, we could have been worn out I guess. The team got on great & we really enjoyed meeting, socialising & most all of learning with all our competitors from all over the world. We have made many new friends over here. Thank you to our many sleeve sponsors, the good wishes from our friends back home on this forum & most of all to my Australian Team it is an event we will never forget & you did Australia proud.

A special mention to Team USA who did so well, but more importantly forged a friendship with our Team that will go on after this tournament, DJ,Craig & Dave it was a pleasure shooting & hanging with you guys.

Thank You
Bill Collaros

FOX
08-04-2008, 05:15 AM
Milano 50M Unlimited final score : :eek::eek::eek:

http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/2087/1001568fs0.th.jpg (http://img184.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1001568fs0.jpg)

Iīam HAPPY because Iīam on the 3position :D:eek::D

Doug
08-04-2008, 08:02 AM
Caution All!!
Clicking on the above Picture of the Milano 50M Scores posted by Fox could download a data miner cookie to your computer.

Brian_K
08-04-2008, 08:19 AM
My computer stopped the virus. I have the picture here for all to see. My name is just off the page :(

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c24/argoncorp/1001568fs0.jpg

Doug
08-04-2008, 09:04 AM
Thanks Brian.
The Match Results appear to be a State Secret. :( All we seem to get is what has been smuggled out of the country using a spy camera or posted here whenever their internet censorship failed to stop the perpetrators.

Brian_K
08-04-2008, 04:26 PM
Just took a close look at the scores tonight. Two South African junior ladies in 6th and 8th place. That's a little scary :eek:

No wonder we had so much trouble with the Boer's a couple of years ago :D

Fred K
08-04-2008, 05:24 PM
Where can one see/get the total scores/standings for the World Event ??
Fred K

beemer
08-05-2008, 01:50 AM
:D:D Congratulations to Team Australia and Peter Armstrong in particular for his Gold Medal. Pete I'm sure all your mates at Western Sydney Rifle Club will want to congratulate you in person, particulary Mr Happy, and see your medal. So does this mean I can have my stand back now ? Well done boys.:)