PDA

View Full Version : Gonna Get My Feet Wet

Tclaunch
05-22-2008, 08:02 PM
I have a buddy, Randy Dawson, (aka) birdog, who has invited me to come up and shoot this Saturdays 600 yd match at Oak Ridge.

It will be my first IBS registered shoot and I`m looking forward to this like you cannot believe.

Just to see the ones that show up that have done so well in this sport.

I`ll be taking 2 guns, both chambered in 6 Dasher . It will be a carnival atmosphere for me, and like a kid at Christmas.

I`m sure I don`t have anywhere near the things I need for this weekend, but I`m going anywho.

Those that can remember their rookie trip, wish a guy luck!!

fultonbig9
05-22-2008, 08:13 PM
man you better not go, I just went to my first shoot two weeks ago at piedmont and thats all I have been thinking about and cant wait till the next one, honestly people really dont know what they are missing very addicting sport anyhow good luck wish you the best.

expiper
05-22-2008, 08:13 PM
Make a list and chek it twice...(sorta like santa clause..)...make shure you got the bolt for the guns--ammo--front and rear rest.--foul weather gear...and FOOD & cold drinks..Roger
You will do much better than you ever imagine....I bet you shoot at least one good target....

alinwa
05-22-2008, 09:15 PM
YEAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Have a good time man :)

al

WhelenMan
05-23-2008, 11:15 AM
See you there in the rookie corner Tim. I just got together everything that I need tomorrow in one pile and seem to be thinking of more all the time. I've got a newly built rifle that hasn't been shot beyond 200 yards and this will be a totally new thing. Expiper...thanks for the reminder....now I need to go and get my rainsuit and put it in the pile...that's one more thing I hadn't thought of. Hopefully it won't be needed tomorrow though. Have a safe trip Tim.