PDA

View Full Version : World Benchrest Championships, Milan, Italy

andyd1179
04-07-2008, 06:32 PM
I have been ask to say that everyone who is taking part must send ther initial entry forms to Carlo Caricato. if he does not recieve this information he will not be able to send invitation form which is what you will need to enter the country. you need to email him the entry forms to his email which is: mailto:carlo.caricato@tele2.it
if you do not have the correct paper work you could be arrested at the airport by the police so to help you please send the entry forms as soon as possible so he can sort out the invitation forms for you.

if you dont have the entry forms here is a link: http://www.erabsf.org/world%20news/World%20Championship%20Preliminary%20Entry%20Form. doc

Kind Regards, AndyD

Peter Armstrong
04-08-2008, 01:31 AM
Andy

Are you sure that is the right link? Weíve had 2 other forms to fill-in since that one.

Peter

andyd1179
04-08-2008, 06:32 AM
Hi Peter,
if you have filled this one out you should recieve the other forms to complete. if you have completed the other paper work then you will get sent the import form that is all in blue with official stamp on it from the Italian Police. this is the important one to have and make sure that you have at least four copies (two left blank incase you have made mistakes on the first one) as you will need to complete another copy that has to be signed to allow you take the rifle home. this is the most important paperwork out of the lot. if you are not sure i would contact Carlo to make sure you have done it all correct.
we dont want anyone being arrested at the airport and we are looking forward to seeing you all with your rifle not the handcuffs!!:)

Andy

andyd1179
04-08-2008, 07:33 AM
Hi Peter,
if you have filled this one out you should recieve the other forms to complete. if you have completed the other paper work then you will get sent the import form that is all in blue with official stamp on it from the Italian Police. this is the important one to have and make sure that you have at least four copies (two left blank incase you have made mistakes on the first one) as you will need to complete another copy that has to be signed to allow you take the rifle home. this is the most important paperwork out of the lot. if you are not sure i would contact Carlo to make sure you have done it all correct.
we dont want anyone being arrested at the airport and we are looking forward to seeing you all with your rifle not the handcuffs!!:)

Andy
reference my last the form that is the important one is called Unione Italiana Tiro A Segno. This the one that you need to have abour 4 copies of.

Peter Armstrong
04-08-2008, 08:14 AM
Andy,

Reading the Unione Italiana Tiro A Segno form I noticed something. It says only 1000 rounds that works out at about 4.7kg but airlines allow 5kg of ammo. They might count your ammo and the might not. Iíd say every one should play it safe and go with just 1000 rounds.

Peter

andyd1179
04-08-2008, 08:25 AM
My understanding this is the Police requirement that you can only bring a max of 1,000. but if you do run out you can purchase from the venue. when leaving you must declare the ammo that you are taking home to the last round or again you could end up in trouble.

Andy D

Peter Armstrong
04-08-2008, 06:14 PM
Andy,

Do air rifle pellets count as ammo in Italy??

Would be helpful if we had some idea of just what ammo will be available at the range.

Peter

Peter Armstrong
04-12-2008, 11:36 PM
Andy,

I see the Italian custom regards air rifle pellets as ammo. Given the restrictions on the movement of ammo and guns, I think it would be very hard to run this format outside of Europe, all the more reason to get to this one. It might never happen like this again.

Is there any truth in the rumor that the team captainsí meeting is being held at a local strip club??

Peter
www.oz-rba.com (http://www.oz-rba.com)

Bill Collaros
04-13-2008, 03:35 AM
Peter,

I hope your info on the Team Captains meeting is true :p

Bill Collaros
Team Captain Australia

Brian_K
04-13-2008, 05:59 AM
Peter,

I hope your info on the Team Captains meeting is true :p

Bill Collaros
Team Captain Australia

Bill/Peter,

Yes, I can confirm it is true. Unfortunately there was a language problem with Carlo and he booked the local Gay strip club which is holding a fancy dress competition that evening.

Carlo has kindly offered to supply the costumes for the team captains, I know Carl_B has already taken the cowboy outfit, apparently itís a little draftee at the rear but otherwise a good fit. So you will need to act quickly to choose from the remaining outfits.

Brian

Bill Collaros
04-13-2008, 06:49 AM
That now adds another reminder of things I have to do before I leave...WAX my body :(

carlb
04-13-2008, 07:24 AM
A number of costumes are taken but I know the pink tutu, french maid and dominatrix ones are still available. After that that get pretty distasteful. First come first served.

Peter Armstrong
04-13-2008, 07:48 AM
Bill isn't joking about the wax, he took his shirt off after the match yesterday and he reminded me of a koala bear, heís about the right size. He shouldnít have a problem with a costume heís from Sydney he can just use what he wore at the Mardi Gra, short but very very colorful our Bill.

He did shoot a 744 to win his first championship match yesterday and the Australian A averaged 740 so we are in good shape for Italy.

Carl, I've been told, at those type of events, you never say, first come first served

Peter

carlb
04-13-2008, 08:39 AM
Sounds good. Where were your championships held. If you look I did watch my spelling!!!!

andyd1179
04-13-2008, 04:17 PM
Andy,

I see the Italian custom regards air rifle pellets as ammo. Given the restrictions on the movement of ammo and guns, I think it would be very hard to run this format outside of Europe, all the more reason to get to this one. It might never happen like this again.

Is there any truth in the rumor that the team captainsí meeting is being held at a local strip club??

Peter
www.oz-rba.com (http://www.oz-rba.com)

Hi Peter and all,
I would sugest that if the main shooting you are doing is .22lr then take the max 1000 and buy your air pellets from the TSN Milano, that way you know that you will have enough for all the comps. i will be ringing TSN this week on another matter and i will ask for makes on pellets they have so that everyone knows what is available there.

cheers, AndyD

andyd1179
04-13-2008, 04:23 PM
That now adds another reminder of things I have to do before I leave...WAX my body :(

Bill you do know that we are going to be in the hart if the red light area of milan and i would be glad if you would point out to us all what you will be waring as we can stay away from you so we dont make any mistakes on who we pick up. you never know you might be able to earn enough on the night to pay for your trip :D
by the way just out of interest how much do you charge just incase we get any interest that we can pass onto you!!!

AndyD

Peter Armstrong
04-13-2008, 05:19 PM
Itís one thing for us to comment about our team capitano, itís another for you guys.

This looks like being a bad bunch to party with and I can see why DJ is taking a bodyguard, his girlfriend.

andyd1179
04-13-2008, 05:29 PM
Itís one thing for us to comment about our team capitano, itís another for you guys.

This looks like being a bad bunch to party with and I can see why DJ is taking a bodyguard, his girlfriend.

Peter, did you see my message about pellets i will post what makes TSN has so everone knows.

AndyD

Bill Collaros
04-13-2008, 05:31 PM
Andy,

Peter is right you guys look like you might lead us astray as tactics.

In regards to your question I better ask my wife what I should charge & for that matter what I should pay :eek:

Peter Armstrong
04-13-2008, 05:42 PM
Bill,

Your right, they might be trying to lead us astray, weíll fix that, TEAM ORDERS #1 only drink when they are buying.

You might of misread the post, they are asking how much you will charge, not how much youíll pay. While Grant will be happy we are in the red light area, something tells me your wife will not hear any of this.

Peter

Peter Armstrong
04-14-2008, 06:40 PM
Bill,

Have you noticed, when ever we talk about them buying the drinks they go very quite?

Peter
www.oz-rba.com

andyd1179
04-14-2008, 06:57 PM
I only drink Coca Cola as i can't alcohol but I'm happy to buy you all a Coke just ask :)

Peter Armstrong
04-16-2008, 04:57 PM
Andy,

That's okay, I'm just running out of things to say to keep kicking this to the top of the threads.

Peter

carlb
04-16-2008, 05:34 PM
I have something to say - it seems we might have a few more countries coming, but this is yet to be confirmed. News as it comes in.

NB is there any more info or help that people need.
One thought, do contact your embassy/ consulate if you need further information.

Bill Collaros
04-16-2008, 06:17 PM
Does anyone know when the WC web page will be updated with some more info, it has been the same for the last 3 months? Info such as teams, events, more photos of the range would be terrific. This would also help us to show prospective sponsors something to entice there dollars.

carlb
04-16-2008, 06:46 PM
As I get it I put it on Bill. I will ask Carlo for more stuff to put on. Cheers, Carl

Peter Armstrong
04-16-2008, 07:44 PM
Carl,

When you need to go and sell the WC to a 3rd party the lack of info about the WC is not helpful and it would be the same for teams in all countries around the world.

At this stage I donít understand why, which countries and how many shooters are going is being treated like a national secret. Itís not helping sell the event.

Peter

Kathy
04-16-2008, 09:09 PM
Friend Peter:

My friend, I hope all is well with you.......

Peter, I just turned on my machine to check the forum.....and read about the up-coming Internationals.......I wish them well......I really do...

Peter, what I'm going to type now probably won't make any sense, and, I probably should not do it, but.......Every morning of my life, when I get out of bed, I thank GOD, that a dumb old guy like me, was blessed to get to be born in the United States of America..........

Peter, I am allowed to carry a pistol in my pocket, ever day, to defend myself with, by law........I am allowed to pruchase enough ammunition to shoot all year with.....If I am a good citizen, and have broken no laws, I can purchase all the target rifles I want.....

Do we have gun laws, in the United States? oh yes.........and, if we don't follow them, we're in trouble........

But, there's a funny thing about this awesome place called "The United States of America"; The government, the folks who make our laws, trust us, the people, to do right from wrong........Peter, our government trusts US, the common old folks.......to do right.....and Peter, becaue our government does place trust in us, most of us return that trust.......

Every time I see the hassles that other folks around the world have to go through, to shoot,.....I get down on my knees and thank GOD I live in America......Peter, oh how I take that fact for granted sometimes...

Peter, my friend, I probably should not have written this post.....but, seeing how other folks who love shooting, around the world, have to deal with their governments, and their laws, man, I just feel so blessed to live where I do...

I hope this years Internationals is the greatest Championship ever held....

I love you Aussie folks...and you British folks and all my brothers and sisters throughout the world, that love shooting, like I do.......shooting gives all of us a common bond....

Your friend, Bill Calfee

Peter Armstrong
04-17-2008, 06:10 PM
Bill,

The truth is itís a lot easier to move our guns in and out of Italy than it would be going to and from the US. The barriers to fortress USA are built using red tape.

Its good youíve found youíve slice of utopia, down here in the Deep South things are very nice too. But as a shooter who has traveled to many countries around the globe, Iím happy that most of those countries donít allow people to walk around the streets with a gun in their pocket. Iím not for gun control, but as they say travel broadens the mind.

Italy should be very interesting and a lot of fun. The Europeans think the Italians will be hard to beat, Americans seem to think your guys will win everything and the Australian unlimited team is shooting good enough to go one better than we did in last years world postal. Weíll all go to Milan in July lock horns and let the scorer decide who is right. Sound like good fun and I canít wait.

Peter
ww.oz-rba.com (http://www.oz-rba.com)

Peter Armstrong
04-18-2008, 03:18 PM
Carl,

I see youíve added some embassy links to the webpage.
Are the links something to do with paperwork??
I havenít seen any info that would require us to contact our consulate in Milan.

Sorry if it a secret, but itís not hard to workout that the French and Danish are the extra countries you were talking about.

Peter

carlb
04-18-2008, 03:42 PM
The embassy links have been on there for about three months, a suggestion from Carlo. They are there just in case anyone had the forethought of contacting them for information about the countries firearms laws - remember some have not been to Italy before.
What you will notice is there is also a link to TSN Milano, so you have your venue pictures and details already. There are pictures of the European Championship in the gallery so more pictures of the venue there as well.
What I have put on the website today are new maps of the area, so you can locate your hotel.

No big secret about who is coming - but it needs to be confirmed before putting it on this board. Denmark not sure about, but France is a definite NO. Bit of a shame but politics will always be somewhere in the mix!
Cheers, Carl

DonMatzeder
04-18-2008, 06:28 PM
Did you guys ever work out the little wrinkle of not being able to move your windflags as you rotate? The whole concept is foreign to US shooters as we each have our own preference of type and tail weight.

Peter Armstrong
04-18-2008, 07:33 PM
Don,

This will be first time at a rimfire BR match in Europe shooters have wanted to put out a lot of flags out and the concept is bit foreign to them and at this stage we havenít been told how it is going to work.

On the match program, it says for safety reasons only range staff are allowed to go forward and if we need to set the flags up every morning, I hope the range staff start at sun-up because it will take time.

Peter

Bill Collaros
04-20-2008, 04:18 AM
I am sure our hosts will look after everything & are very capable of setting up flags. Remember if all else fails you can go to the tried & trusted method of wearing baggy shorts & no underwear, you will feel even the slightest breeze :D

Brian_K
04-20-2008, 06:16 AM
I am sure our hosts will look after everything & are very capable of setting up flags. Remember if all else fails you can go to the tried & trusted method of wearing baggy shorts & no underwear, you will feel even the slightest breeze :D

That's the way we played it last year, mozzies had a field day.

Peter Armstrong
04-20-2008, 06:58 AM
Bill,
Remind me to bring some sort of disinfecting spray for the bench seat we are sharing.

Iím sure the range staff will be capable of setting maybe 20 sets of flags and probes in record time every morning. We just need to learn left, right, up, down and okay in Italian. But even at 6 minutes to setup each bench, thatís 2 hours.

Peter

Czech_BR
04-27-2008, 06:21 AM
Guys, do not forget to take some bug repellent with you, the last year at the European Championship we suffered a lot of mosquitos.
Ladislav

Bill Collaros
04-28-2008, 09:53 PM
Are any teams or shooters planning on doing any swapping of their countries merchandise such as Team Shirts, Caps Pins etc?

carlb
04-29-2008, 01:59 PM
Hi Bill. I promised my UK shirt to Peter. It would be great to see this as it promotes a bit of camaraderie amongst the rimfire BR shooters.

Brian_K
04-29-2008, 02:30 PM
I'm looking to swap my shorts - any offers?

Peter Armstrong
04-30-2008, 02:14 AM
Be careful Brian, if you read one of Bills previous posts, he said he wasnít planning on wearing any underwear and at the end of the match Iím sure heíd be happy to send his shorts home with someone else. Either that or burn them.

Markus Feldmann
04-30-2008, 05:27 PM
Hi all,

I am happy to see you all in Milano. I hope we have a good time.
We see us ;)

Cheers
Markus

www.br50.com (http://www.br50.com) or www.benchrestschiessen.de (http://www.benchrestschiessen.de/)

Peter Armstrong
04-30-2008, 06:08 PM
Hello Markus,

How many are coming from Germany?

Are your guys bring there flags?

Looking forward to meeting everyone and having a good time.

Peter

Markus Feldmann
05-01-2008, 03:35 PM
Hello Markus,

How many are coming from Germany?

Are your guys bring there flags?

Looking forward to meeting everyone and having a good time.

Peter

Hello Peter,

6 shooters come from Germany .
2 or 3 shooters come with flags.

Markus :)

Peter Armstrong
05-01-2008, 08:14 PM
Markus,

I saw on one of the links you posted that some of your guys use Elliott/ BRT wind flags they are one of our sponsors and we are taking plenty of those flags to Milan. Did you get the email about when flags can be setup at the World Champs??

Weíve got 10 shooters going from Australia, 24 hours flying time is a bit of a pain.

Peter

Markus Feldmann
05-02-2008, 06:29 AM
Hi Peter,

my English is not good:(. The following sentence, I have not understood. Please write it again with simple words.

Markus,
Did you get the email about when flags can be setup at the World Champs??

Thank you;)

Markus

www.br50.com or www.benchrestschiessen.de

Peter Armstrong
05-02-2008, 06:41 AM
Markus,
Weíve have been told we need to put all our flags on the 25m and 50m range before the World Championships starts. So you canít use your flags on the 25m range and then move them to the 50m range.

Peter

Markus Feldmann
05-02-2008, 06:57 AM
Markus,
Weíve have been told we need to put all our flags on the 25m and 50m range before the World Championships starts. So you canít use your flags on the 25m range and then move them to the 50m range.

Peter

Hello Peter,

this is not so beautiful. But this problem have all shooters. Yes I have read it now;)
----------------------------------------
July 25-26 Ė Unofficial Practice
Range is open for practice and registration of competitors and their equipment. Competitor's information will be available in the club house and on the firing line. Registration Fee: 30 Euro each Class and Distance payable directly to the Range Reception Office at the venue. Name tags will be provided for all competitors and must be worn at all times while at the range. PLEASE DO NOT LOSE YOUR NAME TAGS! Shooters can use their own wind flags but, for safety reasons, they will be set on field only by internal range personnel. Food and refreshments will be available in the club house restaurant for all the days of event. During Official Matches, due to the number of Competitors, there will not be a break for lunch. There will be plenty of time for refreshments between relays.
-----------------------------------------

Markus

www.br50.com or www.benchrestschiessen.de

Peter Armstrong
05-02-2008, 07:15 AM
Markus,
Talk to Carlo, he will be able to explain it better.

Peter