PDA

View Full Version : so whats needed?

TexasJoe
03-11-2008, 02:26 AM
So whats needed.I presently have kimbers and Coopers,and of course I am building the 10/22. (sshhhhhh) Suhl,Hall,turbo action? whats the best? Where do you guys meet? Seems you know each other,just from the forums? Or matches? Where are these matches? What groupe name? After all the banter,I am now curious.

your pal,Texasjoe.

DonMatzeder
03-11-2008, 09:18 AM
There are three major "for score" associations, ARA, RBA, and IR 50/50. If you go to the BR Central home page there are logo's for the associations which, when clicked, will take you to their web page. On the association web page you will find clubs, match dates, and locations. In Texas, you will find mostly ARA clubs (quite a few). Beyond the actions you list, add Annie, 40X, and Swindelhurst. I've seen a 37 or two and even a model 12. Your looking for a rigid action that you can get a trigger into that will go to 2 oz. Go to a match, they are starting in Texas already. Everyone there will be more than helpful in showing you what is required.

TangoTwo
03-11-2008, 09:40 AM
TexasJoe,

Hi Joe, I really wanted to post on your other thread but, probably better to post here.;) Some of us know each other from the forums only, most of the people who post here also shoot together at least a couple times a year. Cherie and I have met many people over the past few years and have developed some of the best friends you could hope for. Attend a match, you'll find these guys/gals will offer an amount of assistance unheard of in other competitive venues. You will find that many shooters travel considerable distance to shoot. Anything within two hours of home is a piece of cake and becomes a regular stop on the tour.

Any of the actions you or Don mentioned will work fine. The overall acuracy is more important than the brand name on the reciever. My standard reccomendation is to buy a used 10 1/2 lb. rifle. You can compete in any of the games (except sporter class) with that.

To add to what Don said, the contact info for most ranges is included within the home page of the organizations. There are also IR50/50 ranges in Texas. Call ahead, explain that you want to attend a match. Often you will be offered equipment to use to shoot the match.

Good luck,

Ken

BJH
03-11-2008, 10:28 AM
So whats needed.I presently have kimbers and Coopers,and of course I am building the 10/22. (sshhhhhh) Suhl,Hall,turbo action? whats the best? Where do you guys meet? Seems you know each other,just from the forums? Or matches? Where are these matches? What groupe name? After all the banter,I am now curious.

your pal,Texasjoe.

Well put an e-mail addy in so we can get in touch ....or go to the ara site and look up the schedule for dates and times.....I shoot the ARA and live in Grand Prairie .......B.J. Hilliard

TexasJoe
03-12-2008, 12:07 AM
Thanks for the info!:)

tim
03-12-2008, 09:00 PM
Absolutely go to a match. Any of the disciplines will do, most of your basic questions will be answered, you'll get to see match level equipment of every kind.

Fred J
03-12-2008, 11:06 PM
Texasjoe:
Come on down to New Braunfels this Saturday for our first six target event for 2008. You will aslo need to bring your appetite, as we serve a good meal as well. Check out our web site for more information about our club.

www.dietzvillebrc.com