PDA

View Full Version : Rimfire matches - how far from Gallatin, TN?

Rob Propst
02-10-2008, 04:00 AM
Hey All-
I知 relocating to Gallatin, TN next week. A fantastic opportunity opened up (suddenly) so I知 southbound. The family will follow in about 6 months. Once again I should have time & resources to shoot. What ARA, IR & RBA events are within a 2 hour drive? What about 3 hours?
Thanks-
Rob

DonMatzeder
02-10-2008, 07:53 AM
Here is a great resource for finding BR ranges..
http://www.killoughshootingsports.com/Webs/RangeMaps.html

A quick look shows Caldwell Co to be 124 miles, both ARA and 50/50. Sandhill and Chatanuga are just over 160 miles and Genes and Magic City, Al are just a bit further...all ARA. Don't know anything about RBA.. They will have to chime in..

Rimfire Shooter
02-10-2008, 08:46 AM
I'm in Lavergne,Tn. just southeast of Nashville and I shoot ARA in Chattanooga at the Chattanooga Rifle Club. It is a two hour plus drive and their time is one hour ahead of us and the range opens at 7:30 AM and the match starts at 9:00 AM.
There is a match 30 miles north of Birmingham, Al. at Genes range and it is three hours south.
If you want give me a call and I will fill you in. Steve 615-213-2164

DaGOB
02-10-2008, 08:52 AM
...Rob. Mickey Law can send you his annual compilation of rimfire shoots in the southeast; just ask him. In addition to Gene's in Oneonta area (ARA and IR 50/50) Magic City in Birmingham is scheduled to offer ARA once a month.
We'll be glad to have you on third Saturday at Central Alabama Gun Club (outside Montgomery).

j.higdon
02-10-2008, 10:13 AM
Hey, Rob Owensboro easy in two hours, Caldwell Co ,easy in two hours. Come up and shoot with us .

Pepper1079
02-10-2008, 10:39 AM
Rob,
Kettlefoot and Wilderness are a little farther(4 hours) but have some good shoots. They are Bristol and Kingsport, TN

cliffkeesee
02-10-2008, 12:08 PM
Hi Rob
If you will send me your email address I will send you a Kettlefoot schudule

send to keeseec@charter.net

Thanks

Cliff

Rob Propst
02-10-2008, 09:38 PM
Thank 'yall for the replies. Looks like I値l be driving longer distances than previous years to attend matches.
Gerald- I already have Owensboro's schedule on my calendar. I値l need directions to the Owensboro range & Caldwell Co.
I値l be at Wood Township & Livonia some this year. It痴 good to be shooting again!
Thanks again-
Rob