PDA

View Full Version : Barrel choice

John Garnett
01-21-2008, 03:58 PM
Hi Folks
I am going to have built a .308 Palma / Target rifle and I'm wondering which barrel to choose - Walther, Border, Krieger.
May I ask for opinions please?
Thanks for any help.
John G

RoyB
01-21-2008, 04:34 PM
I've been using nothing but Kreiger and PacNor for the last couple of years. Not had a bad one yet......

I've had bad barrels from all the other major suppliers...........I just don't trust them any longer.

keithcandler
01-23-2008, 12:17 PM
they foul less and seem to be a little faster.

chino69
01-23-2008, 12:45 PM
they foul less and seem to be a little faster.

Keith,
i bought my first 3 groove Pac Nor in .308 and have to agree they foul less and clean easier. It also broke in very easily and quickly.
Chino69

onehole
01-24-2008, 03:41 PM
hello Jg,you old b!!!!I,m coming back!!!! bout time you hooked up a scope to that tube cos you are gettin old now and may need some help with your eye sight???May see u soon at millpool with an f class rig I,ve got from Chris Dew.With regard to your barrel choice its gotta be a kreiger me thinks,stay away from walther imho.regards to you from Mr and mrs Onehole.{daveo]

John Garnett
01-28-2008, 02:09 PM
Guys,
Thanks for your input to my request for barrel help. Too many barrel makers to make a choice!

Onehole, good to know you're still there. Kriegers short supply, so gone for Walther this time. Compare notes dreckly.
Love, John G

onehole
01-28-2008, 03:01 PM
Hi john good to know your still around too!!!If Kreigers are hard to get you would not be dissapointed with a Pacnor which i think are more available,I have one on a ppc and 6br and have had the tightest groups I have ever shot with these tubes{super match barrel grade]Think I have your phone no somewhere will give e a ring X ONEHOLE.