PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Trigger for Ruger No.!

PThree
01-16-2008, 01:27 PM
I am looking for a decent trigger to put in my Ruger No. 1. The only trigger I can find is the Kepplinger Single-Set trigger available thru Brownell,s. Can anyone tell me about this particular trigger and are there other triggers out there that will work in a Ruger No.1?
Thanks,
Paul

Fred Bohl
01-16-2008, 02:55 PM
Paul,

Please see http://www.benchrest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46306&highlight=Kepplinger+trigger

Fred

PThree
01-16-2008, 03:47 PM
Fred,
Thank you for the information. Allso I just down loaded the Accuracy Tips for the Ruger #1 that you steered me to. Really appreciate your help. I am ordering a Kepplinger trigger right now!

Thanks again!!
Paul

Mike Bryant
01-16-2008, 04:04 PM
It's basically the same style trigger that the Ruger #1 had originally when it was first designed and was adjustable for sear engagement, overtravel and weight of pull. It looks like it's only available in stainless from Brownell's (http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=8800&title=RUGER~%20#1,%20#3%20ADJUSTABLE%20TRIGGER%20K IT)now.

shevelin
01-16-2008, 04:48 PM
paul,

While you are ordering your new trigger, also get a light weight hammer with reduced sear engagement. This will give you a much nicer let off over just getting the new trigger.

Scott

tenring
01-16-2008, 07:49 PM
Paul - I installed a Moyers trigger in my #1 several years ago. installation was pretty easy and I like it. I bought it thru Midway.

Scott - Does Brownell's sell the lightweight hammer? Isn't this simply a main spring with lighter pressure? Is that difficult to install? Thanks, Gene

dlr
01-16-2008, 07:57 PM
PThree, I've got a new, never installed, Kepplinger single set for Ruger No.1. Got it for a project gun (older model No.1) and never used it. If you're interested, contact me at donross@comporium.net.

Don Ross

dlr
01-16-2008, 08:02 PM
PThree, I've got a new, never installed, Kepplinger single set for Ruger No.1. Got it for a project gun (older model No.1) and never used it. If you're interested, contact me at donross@comporium.net.

Don Ross

PThree
01-16-2008, 10:52 PM
Don,

Thanks for the offer, but I have already ordered one from Brownell's.
Paul

Gerry Nordmann
01-17-2008, 02:15 PM
I am looking for a decent trigger to put in my Ruger No. 1. The only trigger I can find is the Kepplinger Single-Set trigger available thru Brownell,s. Can anyone tell me about this particular trigger and are there other triggers out there that will work in a Ruger No.1?
Thanks,
Paul

I have a Ruger No.1 V on order now, and I am going to put the Kepplinger
trigger on it because I like the unset trigger for hunting and the set trigger
for target. And, it's no more expensive than a Jewell trigger. Badlands

dlr
01-17-2008, 04:14 PM
As info., the Kepplinger trigger I mentioned to Paul is gone. Had no idea that others might be interested.

Don Ross