PDA

View Full Version : Need trigger work on Winchester 52 B

sicero
01-03-2008, 11:46 PM
Can someone direct me to a gunsmith for trigger work on Japan mfg 52 B. The trigger is at least similar to some other 52s. I would like the trigger lightened and smoothed up. I would prefer within 100 mile of Dayton Ohio. Thanks Kenny

sicero
01-05-2008, 11:00 PM
No response here so I pulled the trigger assembly out and pinned a small block in the assembly with a 4 x 40 set screw to adjust sear engagement. Got the pull down to 1 pound with no slam fires. Adjusted it back to 1 & 1/2 pound for safety sake. Kenny

NesikaChad
01-06-2008, 07:37 PM
Call an old boss.

Neal Johnson's gunsmithing Inc in Colorado Springs.

www.nealjguns.com

He's forgotten more about 52 Winny's than most of us will ever know.

sicero
01-06-2008, 11:18 PM
NesicaChad, Thanks very much for the information and also a big thanks for what you guys are doing for us in Iraq. Kenny

Kent Owens
01-06-2008, 11:46 PM
Those triggers are like the 52C and D's with the exception that they had a roll pin installed through the side plate and through a limiting notch in the "pull" screw. You can take out the roll pin and then adjust it down do a pound or pound and a half, depending on the particular rifle or trigger. Kenyon or Hongisto can rework it so it'll go down to a few ounces, either by adding a lever or repositioning a lever, not sure which.