PDA

View Full Version : Rail Gun Designs

Chism G
02-12-2020, 09:05 AM
Who made the Rail Gun illustrated on the cover of Tony Boyers BooK?

Interesting.

https://www.accurateshooter.com/book-dvd-reviews/tony-boyers-book-of-rifle-accuracy/

Glenn

pipeline60
02-12-2020, 09:17 AM
Who made the Rail Gun illustrated on the cover of Tony Boyers BooK?

Interesting.

https://www.accurateshooter.com/book-dvd-reviews/tony-boyers-book-of-rifle-accuracy/

Glenn
I don't have my copy in front of me here at work, but doesn't it say in the book somewhere who built those rifles and that rail?

Chism G
02-12-2020, 10:04 AM
Yep,Book says Tom Dickson. Interesting design. Never seen one like this.

Unlimited Rifle!. Limited only to the imagination of the the designer/builder.

A true benchrest Icon.

Glenn

RJG
02-12-2020, 10:20 AM
Yes, that's Mustafa Bilal's rail made by Tom Dickson. Tom also made at least one more of these for himself in red. (I'll try to add a pic)

Later Craig Kensler made his version taking cues form Tom's design. I'll try to add a pic of it too. (the gold one) I think someone in Canada still has it.

Chism G
02-12-2020, 11:44 AM
Thanks Rick. True works of art. The skill and craftsmanship that goes into building one of these platforms is astonishing.

Glenn

adamsgt
05-01-2020, 04:22 PM
Yes, that's Mustafa Bilal's rail made by Tom Dickson. Tom also made at least one more of these for himself in red. (I'll try to add a pic)

Later Craig Kensler made his version taking cues form Tom's design. I'll try to add a pic of it too. (the gold one) I think someone in Canada still has it.

Some years ago I picked up a HV rifle with a Bat action. The serial number was TD2. Could this be the same Tom Dickson as above?

Francis Lee
05-02-2020, 08:59 PM
It certainly could be, since Tom worked for BAT for many years.

adamsgt
05-03-2020, 02:16 PM
It certainly could be, since Tom worked for BAT for many years.

Thanks for the semi confirmation. I believe it was as it is a very nice piece of work.

gfpd
05-04-2020, 04:19 PM
Bat = Bruce And Tom

Francis Lee
05-04-2020, 09:01 PM
Bat = Bruce And TomButch Fisher used to say it was Butch and Tom, LOL!

alinwa
05-09-2020, 08:25 PM
Not to mention his name is Bruce A. Thom

Shoot, naming it anything other THAN BAT woulda' just been not right.....